Greetings to all...

Hello. I'm DiagrisKkor (or Kkor, for short), a 50 yr old gamer and modder. I've been gaming since my first pc, a Zenith 8086X with a 2MB HD, 256K memory and a 14.4 modem (the OS was a DCOM hybrid), and started modding with the original Doom oh so long ago (still have the Doom CK book and CD...:)).

Games I've had interest in so far; Half-Life series, Borderlands series, Fallout and Elder Scrolls (except FO4, which I found...disappointing), Torchlight 2, Diablo 1 and 2, Saints Row (up to Gat Out of Hell), and many others, usually moddable ones. Was once into several MMOs and a few Multiplayer games, but solely rely on the Singleplayer aspects now. A little too old to be chasing around after the younguns in Co-Op and PVP, ya know.

Guess I've bent yer ears long enough. Later....:viking:

• Thanks! 1
3 hours ago, DiagrisKkor said:

Hello. I'm DiagrisKkor (or Kkor, for short), a 50 yr old gamer and modder. I've been gaming since my first pc, a Zenith 8086X with a 2MB HD, 256K memory and a 14.4 modem (the OS was a DCOM hybrid), and started modding with the original Doom oh so long ago (still have the Doom CK book and CD...:)).

Games I've had interest in so far; Half-Life series, Borderlands series, Fallout and Elder Scrolls (except FO4, which I found...disappointing), Torchlight 2, Diablo 1 and 2, Saints Row (up to Gat Out of Hell), and many others, usually moddable ones. Was once into several MMOs and a few Multiplayer games, but solely rely on the Singleplayer aspects now. A little too old to be chasing around after the younguns in Co-Op and PVP, ya know.

Guess I've bent yer ears long enough. Later....:viking:

I'm always thrilled when someone knew finds their way to us through this rather obscure game and writes up a kind word of hello :)  I was a heavy diablo 3 player for a while...but I got so sucked into its HC... pure gambling and I just couldnt take deaths at high levels anymore :lol:

Happy you've picked up this game and made your way over to our little Sacred Forum, have fun on the boards, and welcome to DarkMatters!

:superman:

gogo

Welcome, DiagrisKkor. It's nice to see another Ancient Mariner on the boards.

I cut my teeth on Lord British's Ultima series games on the Apple ][ back in the lat 70's. I had to buy myself a computer after bonding so closely to the computers at college, so I got my first Apple in 1977, shortly after I graduated.

I used to love to mod Diablo and still have my original games. I have multiple copies of DII as I used to host LAN games.

I just realized, I haven't played any computer games in months! I've been concentrating my time on writing a FanFiction book. The latest chapter is getting the better of me, though. :(

• Like! 1
On 1/6/2018 at 5:13 PM, Hooyaah said:

Welcome to our fora Kkor! :friends3: You are experienced (not old) enough to know what you like and pursue it passionately. Here you have found a single player sweet spot, so enjoy the fun and camaraderie. Is Sacred or Sacred 2 your game (or both) and what, if any is your favorite character?

Well, Sacred 2 was the favorite of the two. I still have this on cd (like many of them before Steam), but I last played this about 2013 (the Gold Edition and DLC in Steam). My favorite characters used to be the High Elf and Seraphim, but I'm trying out Shadow Warrior and Dryad ATM. And always chose the Light path for some odd reason....

@gogoblender: Thank you. I have to confess that I've never played D3...think it was another game that kept me away (just can't remember which one....:)).

@Spock: I was a member waaaay back when on Phrozen Keep, and also modded the heck out of D2...think I still have a HD somewhere from an old PC with all the mods on it. Might have to boot up my old XP machine and sort through my HD collection...:lol:.

• Like! 1

@ lujate and Dragon Brother;

Thank you....:). I must say that I've found this site's texturing tutorial extremely helpful. Now just have to get my lazy butt in gear to search for everything....lol.

Edited by DiagrisKkor
change
  • Like! 1