Problems editing the global.res

• 3 months later...

im trying that now with no results :x
putting the global.res in the systemfolder

decoding everything, editing and saving the globalDe_texts.txt, encoding everything

replacing the old gobal.res in locale\De with the new global.res I made in the systemfolder

then I decode the new global.res to check and my changes are gone

• 10 months later...
On 1/12/2018 at 5:17 PM, ThirstOfBlood said:

EDIT: Managed to solve the global.res problem after checking all the posts about it again. I didnt run the encoding from the system folder. 

How do I "run the encoding from the system folder"
Also I am not able to execute by "pront comand"

P.S: In the pront always this message appears ... "is not recognized as an internal or external command, an operable program or a batch file."

Edited by vagnerhammer

This looks like a Windows permissions issue.  It looks like you have this program installed in Windows\System32 - this is not the correct location and could explain why you've had so many issues.  That folder is a highly protected folder in Windows.

The Program Files folder can also be protected and cause numerous issues with mods.

You need to have S2rw in your Sacred install folder, inside the sub-folder called "system"

I recommend to always install games somewhere like "C:\" or in a custom folder like C:\Games

• Thanks! 1

Actually, it looks like he's trying to run the tool in Windows/System32, whereas the game is installed in C;\Program files\etc...

Hopefully following the below instructions is sufficient to help him out.

3 hours ago, Flix said:

You need to have S2rw in your Sacred install folder, inside the sub-folder called "system" 

• Thanks! 1

Do you believe that the problem continues :) lolololC555apturar.thumb.PNG.7c8036f070a073994c6e9e298b42e2d7.PNG

Note that I installed it now in C: game

C456apturar.thumb.PNG.aeaed437647e1a2e10b8cdd58d19a728.PNG

I am looking for a job that will enable me to ...

Capt45645urar.thumb.jpg.0dde772df120207d936aace576656122.jpg

The only way to encode the edited "txt" is by cmd :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, in Win10 64 at least you will get that message because the OS by default runs userspace applications in a restricted permission mode, this is a good thing, but a PITA at the same time to remember to turn it back off after you're done with things like Visual Studio.

• Like! 1
On 3/2/2019 at 1:29 AM, Flix said:

This looks like a Windows permissions issue.  It looks like you have this program installed in Windows\System32 - this is not the correct location and could explain why you've had so many issues.  That folder is a highly protected folder in Windows.

Flix ... You're absolutely right. Yesterday I arrived in the swamp dragon with the "Dragon Mage" ... It worked perfectly.
On my machine I now have two sacred installations ... one in the "Program Files" and another in "C: / Games" as you have instructed. I immediately checked the "Program Files" installation and the problem still exists in it.  So even the issues of "dragon do not attack" ended up being settled by the issue of the permissions.
I ask pardon ...
Immense gratitude for the help...:bow:

• Like! 1
12 hours ago, thejynxed said:

Yes, in Win10 64 at least you will get that message because the OS by default runs userspace applications in a restricted permission mode, this is a good thing, but a PITA at the same time to remember to turn it back off after you're done with things like Visual Studio.

You went to the exact point !!!
Father Bill and his novelties lololol

• Like! 1