Shadow Step can do much more than one might imagine, indeed. For there is a way to "map jump." One may see the results of some of my journeys here, beginning about half the way down the page. To accomplish the technique it is necessary to have a mount. Note the side of the mount on which the character lands upon dismounting. That is the side that should be snug against the inaccessible area in which you want to travel. It may take a bit of finessing the mount as close as possible to the border area, but when you have it just right your character will dismount just outside the usual field of play and enter a heretofore area of inaccessibility. Once inside, Shadow Step should be employed each time in order to travel further from the current point of origin. It's really quite interesting to discover the things hidden within the game which the unenlightened player would never imagine existed. So, let me pose this query, are you feeling adventurous?

• Appreciation 1

Works much better with the jumps of the Shadow Warrior and the Seraphim. They have no cooldown and a longer range. With 0.2 sec regtime, you can go everywhere really fast ;) In fact, the camera stops "moving" when it tries to follow the char, the game just "reloads" the graphics on your new position.

Maybe you could add "Assailing Somersault" (SW), "Belligerent Vault" (Seraphim) and "Forest Flight" (Dryad) to the description for this thread as well.

"Propelled Levitation" (TG) should work as well, but I never tested it. The same goes for the DM, who could get down from his mount, transform into the dragon and then jump.

Edited by xcessive

So you started in the Desert?  That looks like the area you can access from Kral's temple. Be advised that in vanilla I&B there is a full power Abashai down there.

Have you explored the area in the Swamp?

2 hours ago, lujate said:

So you started in the Desert?  That looks like the area you can access from Kral's temple. Be advised that in vanilla I&B there is a full power Abashai down there.

Have you explored the area in the Swamp?

Yes, I have heard that before. However, my journey was playing Sacred 2 Gold, CM Patch 150. I have only played Sacred 2 Gold and Vanilla Sacred 2. The Abishai is not so bad if you have Grand Invigoration and (most especially) Expulse Magic modified correctly. There is probably not anywhere on the map that I haven't explored. Off map there's much left undiscovered.

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't encounter the Abashai.  The Jungle special area is large and IIRC virtually barren. The Swamp special area is more complete. There were even a half dozen or so quest givers, but I seem to recall that the CM team commandeered them for use elsewhere.

• Like! 1
  • 5 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, johnnie said:

That's cool! I had just travelled this way from Tyrlysia to Artamark through Old Dwarven Pass (yep, I like mountain trips). Also climbed to the very rooftops of Senate and Inquisition temple in Thylysium :)

Knuckles, one of the mod team here, LOVED that CA...I remember when the game first got released, all he wanted to do was blip everywhere because it was so fast and it seemed like nothing was out of bounds...

Happy to meet up with you johnnie, glad you found us here on the boards for the most fabulous game ever made.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• 4 years later...

Can someone tell me what the lowest possible cooldown for shadow step is please? :smile:

Tried it myself, I don't understand the values in the wiki though, they seem to be wrong.

Lowest CD will be somewhere between 6-7 seconds.

Edited by Vishanka
On 9/3/2022 at 6:37 PM, Vishanka said:

Can someone tell me what the lowest possible cooldown for shadow step is please? :smile:

Base cooldown 15 seconds.

Entry for the cooldown reduction Bronze mod (Phase Shift):

entry4 = {"et_regThisCool", 500, 5, 1, 8 },

Final cooldown time with the mod = 15 * cooldown modifier.

Cooldown modifier with the mod is is 1000/(1500 + CA Level * 5)

Assume CA level 100 for example, you'd get 15*(1000/2000), which would land you at exactly half the cooldown, so 7.5 seconds. At CA level 150, it's going to be 6.66 seconds.

On 9/7/2022 at 5:56 PM, idbeholdME said:

Assume CA level 100 for example, you'd get 15*(1000/2000), which would land you at exactly half the cooldown, so 7.5 seconds. At CA level 150, it's going to be 6.66 seconds.

As expected but thanks for the calculation...

Maybe someone wants to update the wiki entry which says:

Phase Shift - Decreases the cooldown time (not regeneration time) of Shadow Step. (50% + 0.5% per CA level decreased

• Appreciation 1
7 hours ago, Vishanka said:

As expected but thanks for the calculation...

Maybe someone wants to update the wiki entry which says:

Phase Shift - Decreases the cooldown time (not regeneration time) of Shadow Step. (50% + 0.5% per CA level decreased

6 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

Done.

Awesome guys, thanks for the Wiki Wuv

:heart:

gogo

• 5 months later...
On 1/12/2018 at 8:05 PM, Hooyaah said:

Shadow Step can do much more than one might imagine, indeed. For there is a way to "map jump." One may see the results of some of my journeys here, beginning about half the way down the page. To accomplish the technique it is necessary to have a mount. Note the side of the mount on which the character lands upon dismounting. That is the side that should be snug against the inaccessible area in which you want to travel. It may take a bit of finessing the mount as close as possible to the border area, but when you have it just right your character will dismount just outside the usual field of play and enter a heretofore area of inaccessibility. Once inside, Shadow Step should be employed each time in order to travel further from the current point of origin. It's really quite interesting to discover the things hidden within the game which the unenlightened player would never imagine existed. So, let me pose this query, are you feeling adventurous?

Dear good Sir Steve, I went to a location I had hoped I could get to, using Shadow Step, now maybe I could be using it wrong, but I think I may have found truly an area that is out of bounds/off limits. (See Image)

1404799775_BlockedOffDungeon2(Waterlogged).thumb.jpg.d39053ab927218474f8fc1367844603f.jpg.9fd3d0be35674e2891a97b5e74341c58.jpg

Water Logged Temple/Possible Dungeon

I know that it's not an official dungeon, I had thought I could see the entrance like in my other image (Blocked Off Dungeon 1. (Sacred 2 (Locations & Thoughts Part 4), But I am mistaken, but you can definitely see an inlet of the second blocked off Dungeon, just not the entrance. I want to be able to get down into the water logged area, so that I can get get down there and see if there really is an entrance there, there's also an Aquaduct in the Wastelands that I can't seem to reach either, that I would love to be able to be on top of and see where that leads to. Is there some kind of way in which one needs to do in order to make the Shadow Step Work properly? 

Edited by SheHawk
  • 2 weeks later...

Miss Amy. You cannot get to certain areas that are not completed (not "fleshed out" as it were).

Such things are left to one's imagination.

• Appreciation 1