Creating an Account - Bad Setup

I just recently got the game Sacred 2 Gold over on Steam to read up on the community and hot fix patch to get the game working Under Windows 10. 

My question is for us newcomers to the game, without the power of Google, and let alone a MANUAL in the game to read up on.  How am I suppose to answer the challenge question about a game I know NOTHING about?  It's not like I can LAUNCH the game in order to find out the answer - without the patch and I NEED an account to just download that!

This should really be addressed AND changed.  I came to this site so I could play the game kinda hard to do that ask me a lore question when I have yet to play this classic.

Thank god for Google for once otherwise I would not been able to make an account.

Thank You.

59 minutes ago, ultimacj said:

I just recently got the game Sacred 2 Gold over on Steam to read up on the community and hot fix patch to get the game working Under Windows 10. 

My question is for us newcomers to the game, without the power of Google, and let alone a MANUAL in the game to read up on.  How am I suppose to answer the challenge question about a game I know NOTHING about?  It's not like I can LAUNCH the game in order to find out the answer - without the patch and I NEED an account to just download that!

This should really be addressed AND changed.  I came to this site so I could play the game kinda hard to do that ask me a lore question when I have yet to play this classic.

Thank god for Google for once otherwise I would not been able to make an account.

Thank You.

Firsty, a huge thanks to you for finding us, registering and making it through the gauntlet! :hugs: 

You're right..it's kind of a bit tough to get through the questions. 

For a few years, we were being barraged with an enormous number of bots registering to spam the forum.   We finally had to think up and change the questions so as to find something that was specific to our niche that only true Sacred Gamers would know or want to research to find the answer to. 

And believe it or not, even with those tough questions, we still don't let registrants get access to our site until 24 hours later, for that's when most bots give up and dont bother. 

Since we've upped our security, it's been pretty smooth at these forums, and yours is actually the first post we've had with commentary about how tuff it is to get in. 

I'm really sorry about that high bar, but it seems like there's no perfect solution, and we'll keep looking to find a better balance.

Thanks though for taking your time to write the post. 

This game's more than a decade old, and It still makes me so happy to find new people finding their way to our little corner of the SacredVerse e to see what the world's best mod team has done for this game.

Happy to meet up with you ultimacj

And hoping  you'll have fun with our community and the downloads.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, Flix said:

Seems like there could be something more generic (and more sophisticated) to test whether someone's a robot or not.

Actually there is. Some websites have a feature that shows a grid with a number of approximately sixteen images. The user must select the images which have autos or signs or roadways (just three possible examples if seen) and after one selects all of the randomized images that fit the specified criteria then they must submit their "verification" and the process repeats (at least one time). When the series of actions is successfully completed the user is approved as not a bot and may summarily continue to create an account, continue with a  submission, or some other type of action. One such program is CAPTCHA and another is PlayThru.