Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone has any information on how to decode the content of .pax files that belong to Sacred 2.28.

The goal is not so much to edit character saves, but rather to be able to parse their binary data and interpret part of their content.

Ideally, we would like to

- get the name of a character

- get its level

- get the list of items it holds in its inventory / bag

I know that there are a couple of tools (Sacred Hero Editor, Sacred Character Modifier) which allow one to modify 

a character .pax file, so someone out there has already cracked the code of .pax files. We don't want, nor need, to 

modify saves and would just like to have an automated way (via scripting) to extract some information from the 

saves. This is needed to simplify the handling of a library of .pax files we have. I know this question would

probably be better asked at SacredVault, but it doesn't look like anyone is approving new registrations on

that website anymore.

Does anyone have any clue about this issue? We would be very grateful for any help.

Edited by Patroclo Picchiaduro
  • 3 months later...

The SacredVault website is just kept online as an archive and a piece of Sacred history. Thank you to the guys that keep it online.

I am visiting the website every few month and I also approve new members if any are there, when I visit. So it can take quite a while to get approved and no one is online there regularly.

That said, UFO (the guy who made SacredVaults hero editor) had a pretty good understanding of the file format. Unfortunately I don't have his documentations and I don't have any direct contact to him.

Edited by Thorium
12 hours ago, Thorium said:

The SacredVault website is just kept online as an archive and a piece of Sacred history. Thank you to the guys that keep it online.

I am visiting the website every few month and I also approve new members if any are there, when I visit. So it can take quite a while to get approved and no one is online there regularly.

That said, UFO (the guy who made SacredVaults hero editor) had a pretty good understanding of the file format. Unfortunately I don't have his documentations and I don't have any direct contact to him.

It's awesome knowing that this great site to Sacred's legacy is still online.  My thanks as well to you and all else who've kept it alive.

Thank you!
:)

gogo