Hello. And some questions.

Hi,

I just bought this game on Steam and so far I'm having a good time with it.  However, I do have some questions.  My forum-search-fu isn't great, so my apologies if this stuff has been asked and answered before. 

First, I saw mentioned somewhere (in another post) that map exploration affects the chance to find better items.  Is there somewhere on my character sheet (or anywhere) that I could see that stat or learn more about how that mechanic works? 

Second, I'm having a difficult time downing bosses.  I clear trash and elites relatively quickly (I think; using the Inquisitor Darth Scion build detailed elsewhere in these forums), but when I get to bosses it feels like I'm doing very little damage.  For instance, I can't even kill my own Sakkara (sp?) demon if I summon it.  I can't beat the Ice Hydra on Xmas island, and I only beat the big ghost of Xmas (whatever) because he glitched and stood still for most of the fight.  The Banshee boss (northeast corner of act 2) took like 5-10 minutes and tons of health pots.  My weapons are yellow, but current for my level.  I also have gloves that turn a percentage of my phys damage to fire, which I understand is what I need to do for enemies weak to fire (like the hydra).  So, the concept of using a damage type the boss is weak against isn't lost on me, but even so I still am not doing enough.  What am I missing/doing wrong?

If the answer to my 2nd question is to get better weapons, then how do I do that on Silver?  I read somewhere that better weapons drop on Gold+, but will I be able to get there on Silver if I can't end up downing the final boss to open up the next difficulty level?  As it stands right now, I got about 36 hours played (in Silver) and maybe I get a unique weapon drop every 5 hours or so.  And so far they have all been useless with regard to my build.

And finally, am I playing the game wrong?  I look at build guides and see people talking about hitting game/quest milestones at certain levels, and I'm just thinking to myself "how the hell are these guys getting so far in the game at such low levels?".  I'm currently level 39 and still only halfway done with Act 2.  Do you guys skip most side quests and ignore most trash?  If I could skip the trash then I would, but I don't know how I'm going to get any better gear unless I'm killing stuff and doing quests.  I hope that I don't have to roll a character specifically designed for Bargaining, but I suppose if I must then I must.

Thanks for taking the time to read.  Your advice/answers to any of my questions is appreciated.

Hello, I am a noob myself, but my experience shows that:

I ignore almost all of the side quest(except tutorials and couple at the very start) and yet most of my characters have finished silver around 50 - too much XP for killing mobs, on gold the pace is much slower - I am finishing it around 60, so, yeah, side quests is mostly for platinum/niob difficulties

There is a special cheat for this - weapons with the stat "+%% life leech"(dont confuse with +X LL, it should looks like "+1.2% life leech", not "+12 life leech" and not all weapons have this stat  - only two handed, throwing stars, knuckles,...But I see it like OP - if you have proficiency with the weapon and tactical lore skills - you should not have problems with other weapons, I killed bossed even with resistance to my weapon damage type - just it takes some time and patience, but at least it gives you the feeling that its a boss("have you played old school scroll actions games where bosses were like - oh, FECAL MATTER! I have reached him with only 1 life left and he one-shot me:)") - while %%LL weapons kills bosses like common thrash in a couple of the seconds:lol:

Bargain skill, hands down. Just keep it up to your level. But I hate it - so you could use Enhanced Perception instead like me, even if your weapon bad you will get many armor pieces with slots and slots can be enhanced with blacksmith by choosing whet(+damage, +attack). Or... you can download stashes with a plethora of items on this site and loose interest for this game:lol:

I also advice to ask about your character build in the corresponding sections,  something is wrong with your char - my Shadow Warrior had no such problems, even though he has no bargain or EP skills, items in stash or such....(I must confess - he has a blasck smith skill it helps a bit, actually:lol:)

Good luck on your exploration!

Offtopic question to admins : whats the heck is " FECAL MATTER&#33"?:lol:

• Thanks! 1

posted by Btmr:

Thanks for the reply.  In a sense, what you wrote is a little disheartening because if I'm not using the weapon types you listed, I'm out of luck.  Maybe the the Darth Scion build is trash, but I have been building it as it was described in the guide.  In any event, I've decided to temporarily reroll and make an EP/Bargain Seraphim.  On the one hand, I don't like role playing morally good characters, but on the other hand her battle music is waaaaay better than that silly monk chant music whenever my Inquisitor enters combat.  Hopefully I'll be able to snag some good items (for my Inquisitor) with my Seraph and go back to playing the character I want to play. 

Hey Btmr, welcome.

If you go to the character inventory there's a sigma sign on the right end of it near the gear you're wearing and the penalty bar, hover over it and go to the last lines. You'll see your "chance to find valuables x%" which indeed increases with a higher percentage of discovered map, as well as a bigger Survival Bonus (the bonus you get from getting alive out of fights, hover over your level indicator).

Like Lacr said lower levels are a bit slower as mobs give less XP and gold, items have lesser bonuses and so on and so forth. Depending on the build and your supporting gear you can finish Silver and Gold very easily, though if you're a new player I'd recommend you to take your time and not rushing just yet through difficulties. Keep levelling for a while until you feel confident enough with your build. And please do realize that early game in Sacred 2 is pre-mastery, so that's about the first 75 levels on your character. :D Just keep going and try getting your way around the main campaign bosses. If you can't find %LL weapons try equipping +LL per hit, try casting debuffs on the bosses that can help bring it down, adjusting damage levels and that's pretty much it. Bosses scale very intensely with level and difficulty level so you'll find that when you get to higher difficulties trying to bring them down without a serious caster means that you need that +%LL weapon. ;)

Right now you're having troubles with two of the most serious bosses on the game so I wouldn't think too much of it. My Platinum SW couldn't even kill the Ice Hydra without a +%LL weapon at that difficulty, I'd just see my HP bar blinking over and over again so you can see how tough that boss is. And this is running a Grim Resilience/Reflective Emanation build. I think that doing mini-bosses at Silver isn't really necessary but feel free to explore anyway. Just don't expect to be able to bring everyone down easily in Silver. As you traverse to Gold and especially to Platinum you'll notice that your character will start having a better performance and that your gear will become much better as well. Take your time with the game but keep a certain pace and get over to the next difficulty when you feel confident to do so. This game is all about balance really.

Oh, and when you look at all those "hey I can get the Guardians down in three or four hits" topics you need to bear in mind that that doesn't happen in Silver. They're usually really high level toons. ;)

• Thanks! 1