[Solved] Crash "one on three"

Methatronc

Well, I can't help you with Windows 10 unfortunately. However, I can try to point you in the right direction if you're looking for your TEMP folder. Try searching for

windows 10 environment variables

and you should get some helpful results. As far as I know, there should be more than one option, although all four locations may point to the same folder. Until win7 it looked something like this:

pathtotemp03.png

-

As a side note: disabling temp folders might get you into a lot of trouble, I'd advise against it. The same goes for SVChost [1] which is a part of Windows that Windows uses to accomplish a task Sacred requested. Or it could be the other way around - as Hooyaah suggested, some other program [2] is interfering with files (or other system ressources) from Sacred, so Sacred has to wait for that program to finish [3].

Without a closer look at your system it's rather difficult to diagnose your problem any better than in this vague manner, at least for me. So the only help left I can offer is to disable/close every program you are not actively using before launching Sacred, including those in the system tray [4]. Be aware that if you close anything you don't know about, you might get unexpected side effects, for example: my sound card software sits in the system tray, and I won't hear a thing after I close that program. However, most programs should come back up when you restart your system.

-

[1] Wikipedia on svchost.exe

[2] usual culprits are anti virus software, CCleaner or any number of programs with similar purpose

[3] smaller PID (1112 here) seems to indicate it was started earlier, but I'm not sure on that

[4] the small space next to the windows clock - AV usually sits there, there's indicators for your network, USB devices and many other things

Edited by rm3000
  • Thanks! 1

After a short talk with the microsoft support, it appears that you were right, I will delete the picture I posted earlier as someone might misunderstand it, the way I did. Indeed, windows 10 doesn't erases temp files after shutdown, only earlier releases used to do that.

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer, I never tried to close background software such as CCleaner, so there is a chance of making it work!

And as you said I won't touch the temp folder, as it might make my whole system crashes.

Thanks again and have a good day ! :biggrin:

[Edit: @rm3000 You were right!! It's finally working, the issue was with the background softwares,( here, CCleaner), that I had to close so that they wouldn't be using a process that was preventing Sacred 2 from loading, so thanks again!! ]

Edited by Methatronc
  • Thanks! 1