Sacred 2 not starting up!

This is the error that I get when I try to start the game:

driver: [nvldumd.dll]
graphicscard: [NVDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti]
device: [\\.\DISPLAY1]
cDX9Base::_initDX() CreateDevice failed!
cDX9Advance::_initAdvance() initDX failed!
SacredApp::setup() setupWindow failed!
App::Setup() failed!

I tried starting it directly after installing from steam, uninstalling, trying compatibility mode with windows xp sp3, as an admin, after downloading community patch, and after changing the start up shortcut with "-skipopenal -nocpubinding".

I don't know what else to do. 

Hi Nemitheus, welcome to DarkMatters! I moved your thread to this forum as there are closely related topics here. You may wish to take a look at some of the threads where users had the same or similar issue. There are also some threads in these threads with links to the Steam forums where the same issue that you are experiencing is discussed. Below is one post that may resolve your issue. I hope that it does the trick.

Also, did you install the CM 160 Patch? It cures a world of woes.

On 12/23/2017 at 0:12 AM, Ayylena said:

I actually used the first link's instructions and it worked for me. I would advise reinstalling and trying that because it worked perfectly for me after I did this part

"Find your Sacred 2 Gold Folder in steam.. you should open like this Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > SteamApps > common > Sacred 2 Gold > redist > PhysX > now just run the physx installer, install it and then the game should run fine..."

Also, go to steam, right click Sacred 2 Gold and hit properties then go to the Local Files tab and hit "verify integrity of game files" I'm not sure if this is an absolute fix but it IS one of the steps I did to get my game to work.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/0/846940248321885764/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/0/846940248918660409/

• Thanks! 1

I actually read both of those before coming here to ask for help. I've tried everything those posts said. I did the redist PhysX installation. In fact, I reinstalled everything in the Redist folder. I've tried updated my graphics card driver and turning off PhysX. I tried verifying the integrity of the game file. I don't know why it refuses to work!

I tried looking for the "nvldumd.dll" driver and found someone linking the Nvidia website download on another forum site. It was version 378.49 and I downloaded it but it wouldn't install. It said it did not find a compatible graphics card. Is my card too new to run this game:)

Another thing I should mention: DirectX and PhysX install properly from the Redist file but the VC one gives me a download bar and then it immediately disappears. I don't know if its suppose to do that or not. 

Edited by nemitheus

As I mentioned, there are a few other threads in this forum addressing similar issues, so you may wish to check them. I actually had the same issue when I got my new rig. I am running Windows 10 with an Intel Core i7-3960X CPU, 31.92 GB RAM, and a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, so I doubt that your GPU is too new. I installed the latest version of Microsoft .Net Framework, then I installed Visual Studio, and .NET Core 2.1.4 SDK. Then I made certain to download the newest version of Direct X and even older versions as the game runs on an older version.

EDIT:

Because another member reported the same issue that you were having in this thread, I would recommend looking at it:

Please let us know if you get the game to launch properly and what finally worked. That way we can post a solution to your particular problem and help others who may have to fight the same nasty digital bear.

• Thanks! 1