wulfgardt

Dwarf greed.

Out of interest will the dwarf CA greed make any difference when looting chests,barrels and so forth or only on mobs?

• Like! 1

On 2/13/2018 at 10:05 PM, wulfgardt said:

Out of interest will the dwarf CA greed make any difference when looting chests,barrels and so forth or only on mobs?

Greetings. I don't think it does or even if it does the impact is negligible. In sacred gold, the contents from chests, barrels, cabinets etc. are mostly limited to gold, potions and sometimes low level equipment. On rare occasions, you may also find books or icons. While generated randomly, these contents are often predetermined as you approach the container; that is to say, you can't change the outcome via q-save/load. I don't know much about "Greed" but if it works in the same vein as "chances to find special items" aka "Magic Find" then you won't see much difference as I've a few chars with (relatively)high MF but yet to see high level unique items falling from crates/barrels!

As such, your best bet is to find some high level baddies and put both your hammer and greed to good use ;) Enjoy your time in Ancaria!

• Thanks! 1

6 hours ago, iFLAME said:

Greetings. I don't think it does or even if it does the impact is negligible. In sacred gold, the contents from chests, barrels, cabinets etc. are mostly limited to gold, potions and sometimes low level equipment. On rare occasions, you may also find books or icons. While generated randomly, these contents are often predetermined as you approach the container; that is to say, you can't change the outcome via q-save/load. I don't know much about "Greed" but if it works in the same vein as "chances to find special items" aka "Magic Find" then you won't see much difference as I've a few chars with (relatively)high MF but yet to see high level unique items falling from crates/barrels!

As such, your best bet is to find some high level baddies and put both your hammer and greed to good use ;) Enjoy your time in Ancaria!

thanks for such a detailed answer, iFLAME... what a warm welcome to Ancaria, 

and welcome to DarkMatters!

:sun:

gogo

10 hours ago, iFLAME said:

Thanks my friend,good answer.

• Like! 1

19 hours ago, gogoblender said:

thanks for such a detailed answer, iFLAME... what a warm welcome to Ancaria, 

and welcome to DarkMatters!

:sun:

gogo

The pleasure is all mine :) It's an honour to finally being able to meet the great gogoblender (one, who inspired my 1st Daemon build)! Over the years, I have learned a great deal from DarkMatters which helped me appreciate the true potential of this little gem that is Sacred. Thanks for all the good works and for keeping this place alive!

16 hours ago, wulfgardt said:

Thanks my friend,good answer.

You're welcome friend. Maybe someday, I'd have my own greedy dwarf running amok through the desert - throwing flames and all shorts of dwarven profanities..

• Like! 1
  • Thanks! 1

Necroing post for a definitive answer: It does not, and does not even work as the tooltip says it does, due to an unpatched bug. It's basically a wasted CA, unfortunately.

On 4/21/2019 at 2:27 AM, Augmint said:

Good thing I didn't use greed much then!

Yeah, I originally read about the bug aeons ago after Sacred: Gold was released and it was never remedied. It's hit or miss as to if the bonus to find is actually applied, and on top of it the debuff will stack until you restart the game, so it's actually a detriment to use. Where I think the bug is triggered is if you have other buffs running (which is all of the time), then something in the code attempts to overwrite one of them with Greed and fails to do so properly (many buffs in Sacred seem to be mutually exclusive code-wise even if this is not clarified in tooltips).

• Like! 1

Probably, and Demon sucks to play anyhow, it's the jankiest of jank classes. I tend to stick to Gladiator, Wood Elf, and Battlemage, although I do have a nice Dark Elf built up too because poison trapping all of the things is hilarious.

38 minutes ago, thejynxed said:

Probably, and Demon sucks to play anyhow, it's the jankiest of jank classes. I tend to stick to Gladiator, Wood Elf, and Battlemage, although I do have a nice Dark Elf built up too because poison trapping all of the things is hilarious.

According to me, the best characters are BM, Glad and Dark Elf. It depends on how you want to play. Glad is easier to use because you dont need combat arts, whil BM is the opposite. Dark elf is the perfect middle ground, but he's got a flaw: he's too focused on poison damage. Seraphim and Vamp is quite good too, while Dwarf and demon are weakest. I dont like the Wood Elf because I hate range weapons, but it's a personal matter. Dwarf has good abilities, however.

I've never found annoying bugs in any character. If you have issues about bugs, the best resolution is closing the game and then reopen it..

On 4/26/2019 at 2:19 PM, thejynxed said:

Probably, and Demon sucks to play anyhow, it's the jankiest of jank classes.

Unless you exploit the "Fire Daemon + Infernal Power + Descent" synergy, it mostly is. But if you do, it's one of the most damaging build which makes the best possible use of Arnum's blade!

On 4/26/2019 at 2:19 PM, thejynxed said:

I tend to stick to Gladiator, Wood Elf, and Battlemage

I hear you. More unadulterated mayhem, less micromanagement..liked it that way the last time I played. Wood Elf is the trickiest but great fun!

19 hours ago, iFLAME said:

Unless you exploit the "Fire Daemon + Infernal Power + Descent" synergy, it mostly is. But if you do, it's one of the most damaging build which makes the best possible use of Arnum's blade!

I hear you. More unadulterated mayhem, less micromanagement..liked it that way the last time I played. Wood Elf is the trickiest but great fun!

I dont really agree... I don't like wood elf, because she's got so weak weapons! I'm still prefering Gladiator, Battle Mage and Dark Elf.