Dwarf greed.

On 2/13/2018 at 10:05 PM, wulfgardt said:

Out of interest will the dwarf CA greed make any difference when looting chests,barrels and so forth or only on mobs?

Greetings. I don't think it does or even if it does the impact is negligible. In sacred gold, the contents from chests, barrels, cabinets etc. are mostly limited to gold, potions and sometimes low level equipment. On rare occasions, you may also find books or icons. While generated randomly, these contents are often predetermined as you approach the container; that is to say, you can't change the outcome via q-save/load. I don't know much about "Greed" but if it works in the same vein as "chances to find special items" aka "Magic Find" then you won't see much difference as I've a few chars with (relatively)high MF but yet to see high level unique items falling from crates/barrels!

As such, your best bet is to find some high level baddies and put both your hammer and greed to good use ;) Enjoy your time in Ancaria!

• Thanks! 1
6 hours ago, iFLAME said:

Greetings. I don't think it does or even if it does the impact is negligible. In sacred gold, the contents from chests, barrels, cabinets etc. are mostly limited to gold, potions and sometimes low level equipment. On rare occasions, you may also find books or icons. While generated randomly, these contents are often predetermined as you approach the container; that is to say, you can't change the outcome via q-save/load. I don't know much about "Greed" but if it works in the same vein as "chances to find special items" aka "Magic Find" then you won't see much difference as I've a few chars with (relatively)high MF but yet to see high level unique items falling from crates/barrels!

As such, your best bet is to find some high level baddies and put both your hammer and greed to good use ;) Enjoy your time in Ancaria!

thanks for such a detailed answer, iFLAME... what a warm welcome to Ancaria, 

and welcome to DarkMatters!

:sun:

gogo

10 hours ago, iFLAME said:

Thanks my friend,good answer.

• Like! 1
  • 1 year later...
On 4/21/2019 at 2:27 AM, Augmint said:

Good thing I didn't use greed much then!

Yeah, I originally read about the bug aeons ago after Sacred: Gold was released and it was never remedied. It's hit or miss as to if the bonus to find is actually applied, and on top of it the debuff will stack until you restart the game, so it's actually a detriment to use. Where I think the bug is triggered is if you have other buffs running (which is all of the time), then something in the code attempts to overwrite one of them with Greed and fails to do so properly (many buffs in Sacred seem to be mutually exclusive code-wise even if this is not clarified in tooltips).

• Like! 1

Probably, and Demon sucks to play anyhow, it's the jankiest of jank classes. I tend to stick to Gladiator, Wood Elf, and Battlemage, although I do have a nice Dark Elf built up too because poison trapping all of the things is hilarious.

38 minutes ago, thejynxed said:

Probably, and Demon sucks to play anyhow, it's the jankiest of jank classes. I tend to stick to Gladiator, Wood Elf, and Battlemage, although I do have a nice Dark Elf built up too because poison trapping all of the things is hilarious.

According to me, the best characters are BM, Glad and Dark Elf. It depends on how you want to play. Glad is easier to use because you dont need combat arts, whil BM is the opposite. Dark elf is the perfect middle ground, but he's got a flaw: he's too focused on poison damage. Seraphim and Vamp is quite good too, while Dwarf and demon are weakest. I dont like the Wood Elf because I hate range weapons, but it's a personal matter. Dwarf has good abilities, however.

I've never found annoying bugs in any character. If you have issues about bugs, the best resolution is closing the game and then reopen it..

On 4/26/2019 at 2:19 PM, thejynxed said:

Probably, and Demon sucks to play anyhow, it's the jankiest of jank classes.

Unless you exploit the "Fire Daemon + Infernal Power + Descent" synergy, it mostly is. But if you do, it's one of the most damaging build which makes the best possible use of Arnum's blade!

On 4/26/2019 at 2:19 PM, thejynxed said:

I tend to stick to Gladiator, Wood Elf, and Battlemage

I hear you. More unadulterated mayhem, less micromanagement..liked it that way the last time I played. Wood Elf is the trickiest but great fun!

19 hours ago, iFLAME said:

Unless you exploit the "Fire Daemon + Infernal Power + Descent" synergy, it mostly is. But if you do, it's one of the most damaging build which makes the best possible use of Arnum's blade!

I hear you. More unadulterated mayhem, less micromanagement..liked it that way the last time I played. Wood Elf is the trickiest but great fun!

I dont really agree... I don't like wood elf, because she's got so weak weapons! I'm still prefering Gladiator, Battle Mage and Dark Elf.

• 10 months later...
On 5/3/2019 at 4:04 PM, Mare said:

I dont really agree... I don't like wood elf, because she's got so weak weapons! I'm still prefering Gladiator, Battle Mage and Dark Elf.

Are you serious? Dude, Wood elf is one of the strongest, if not the strongest character in Sacred 1. Sure her life pool may be lower than her melee companions, but ranged characters don't need tons of health if played correctly. Sure that Sacred 1 has some clunky controls, but after getting used or re-used to it will get better (No it doesn't...XD).

Are you familiar with combos? Because there is a Wood elf combo that will blow your mind. I am assuming you just don't know it because you wouldn't have said what you said if you knew.

Also, Wood elf weapons are not weak. Sure they are not as strong as Dwarf weapons or other melee weapons, but they don't have to be.

So to the point of my comment: When I was playing With wood elf (Back in the days) I discovered a combo that is an absolute boss killer, over the top ridiculous, bonkers, overkill combination you could ever imagine. So the combo is as follows if I remember correctly:  Multiple shot-Eye for an eye-Penetrating arrow. Multiple shot makes the bow shoot more arrows at a time. Eye for an eye makes the bow shoot several times in a row. Finally Penetrating arrow will pierce a target multiple times. The result will be a combo that will take care of any kind of enemy. Use Multi-hit in the combo as a fourth CA if you want to use this combo against several enemies or a pack. This combo was my ultimate go-to dragon and boss killer whenever I played Wood elf. Remember to hold the button down while executing it to get the full effect. With this combo, if each CA is a high-level one you can take down dragons in a matter of seconds, essentially stun-locking them in one place while you executing the attack. Anducar can take several combos to kill, but he will go down after a handful of combos on silver and maybe a dozen or a dozen and a half on gold difficulty. Remember to take lots of concentration potions! I always enjoyed this combo when I played Wood elf. The visual effect of a cloud of arrows flying through the enemy and killing it within a few seconds is priceless. Thanks to Sacred's unique damaging mechanic the combo has a good chance to stun-lock the enemy in one place, preventing it from attacking you while you stay in place to execute the volleys. 

To whom it may concern: SORRY FOR NECROING this thread, but I just couldn't stand it and let one of my favourite characters getting dissed so hard. WOOD ELFS ARE FING BEASTS! Sorry for cursing.

I stopped playing the Wood Elf because she is so overpowered. Blowing up whole screens of monsters without suffering the slightest scratch became boring quickly. I have to admit that the additional animations for the WE are very nice. It was somebodys pet project obviously.

However. If enemies had a greater perception range, you see them, they see you, and some special abilities the game might become more challenging. Since Reborn is still under construction, I assume we will get there one day.

On 3/10/2020 at 2:12 AM, Dax said:

I stopped playing the Wood Elf because she is so overpowered.

Har...is she ever! :4rofl: but... seeing spiders take out stuff is never tired...specially in HC in those days... for a sand box... Sacred sure did pull out all the stops with that class... 

:lol:

gogo

On 3/10/2020 at 2:12 AM, Dax said:

Har...is she ever! :4rofl: but... seeing spiders take out stuff is never tired...specially in HC in those days... for a sand box... Sacred sure did pull out all the stops with that class... 

gogo

The game has the ability to turn a harmless player into a grinning sadist. Yes, it is fun to make your pixel-enemies suffer. After bleeding wounds works properly, thanks to Overlookers Clan, it gets even worse. Enemies that spray blood-fountains into all directions while they drag themself slowly toward you, poisoned to death, are quite enjoyable to watch. The UN calls such behavior a crime against humanity. Guess we are lucky that they arent aware of Sacreds existence. :cow: 

Edited by Dax
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, Dax said:

The game has the ability to turn a harmless player into a grinning sadist. Yes, it is fun to make your pixel-enemies suffer. After bleeding wounds works properly, thanks to Overlookers Clan, it gets even worse. Enemies that spray blood-fountains into all directions while they drag themself slowly toward you, poisoned to death, are quite enjoyable to watch. The UN calls such behavior a crime against humanity. Guess we are lucky that they arent aware of Sacreds existence. :cow: 

Ahhh, Sacred... who needs any kind of therapy with a game like this around... 

gogo

On 3/10/2020 at 11:42 AM, Dax said:

I hear they actually had to nerf PA in Reborn 'cause it's that OP! Obviously I don't like that :(

On 5/3/2019 at 7:34 PM, Mare said:

because she's got so weak weapons!

Assuming you're referring to ranged weapons, almost all the RPGs I've played have bows doing lower damage than melee weapons. And that's how it's supposed to be, melee fighters need that edge to compensate for the lack of the ability to shoot from a safe distance and all the strategic advantages that come with it. Especially when you consider Wood-elf's ability to use ranged CAs from horseback - are you kidding! A dragon is already halfway dead from 12 Penetrating Arrows (24 if in combo!) before it even sees my character! Without cover and AI perception (good point Dax), it's not a fair game to the critters.

The only problem I experienced with bows would be the lack of sockets as even the set/unique ones only consist of no more than 3 slots. Rare WE-only bows with good elemental damage are easy to find but often come with only a few slots, sometimes none! Considering bows occupy both hands, that's pretty detrimental to your socketing possibilities but that goes for any two-handed weapon. Solution is to pick-up trade or have patience and find yourself a set bow/x-bow from drops. There are some nice Unique WE special bows with excellent buffs but are hard to come by; in comparison set bows like "Araelfi's Glorious Retribution", "Octanion's Rage (4 sockets!!)" drop frequently. Keep an eye open for Egill's x-bow and Ettol's bow and you'll know how potent ranged weapons can be! 

44 minutes ago, iFLAME said:

I hear they actually had to nerf PA in Reborn 'cause it's that OP! Obviously I don't like that :(

...bow and you'll know how potent ranged weapons can be! 

Imho it is necessary to do so. 5 PAs at a time, combined with as much criticals you can get, shredders everything to tiny bits in less than two seconds. Tried it in Underworld, was bored to death. Besides, WE has very, very good personal weapons and uniques. And daggers. Nearly every single piece is a bingo. If you take a look at the Seraphims uniques, you notice quickly that something went wrong during the item creation.

Greetings from Germany!