Installation of CmPatch with Steam?

I am using the Steam version of Sacred 2. Is there anything I need to do different when installing the CM patch? Also, am I assuming correctly that after I install the patch that I need to also install the hot fix for it? 

Thanks in advance for the help.  I am fumble fingers when it comes to this type of thing and I want to do everything correctly :).

• Like! 1

After you install the CM Patch 1.60 there's no need for the hot fix, as everything is fully integrated because its not a beta version anymore. You can download the final and complete version here. You may want to read up a bit on it there before proceeding with the install to ensure that you have the correct version of Sacred 2. Before installing you need to know that your previously saved characters will be bugged and you will want to create new characters. Also, it should install properly unless you have any mods or have made any modifications. I am running the GOG version so I don't have any experience in installing the Steam version. However, if you encounter any issues, there are other members here who have successfully installed the Steam version and would be eager to help. Please let us know when you get the CM Patch 1.60 installed and functioning properly, as we all want to see that you are successful doing so and are able to enjoy the game with all of the marvelous changes. You will especially appreciate the fact that the issue of game crashing has been virtually eliminated. The entire change log is quite an extensive read.

• Thanks! 1
2 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

After you install the CM Patch 1.60 there's no need for the hot fix, as everything is fully integrated because its not a beta version anymore. You can download the final and complete version here. You may want to read up a bit on it there before proceeding with the install to ensure that you have the correct version of Sacred 2. Before installing you need to know that your previously saved characters will be bugged and you will want to create new characters. Also, it should install properly unless you have any mods or have made any modifications. I am running the GOG version so I don't have any experience in installing the Steam version. However, if you encounter any issues, there are other members here who have successfully installed the Steam version and would be eager to help. Please let us know when you get the CM Patch 1.60 installed and functioning properly, as we all want to see that you are successful doing so and are able to enjoy the game with all of the marvelous changes. You will especially appreciate the fact that the issue of game crashing has been virtually eliminated. The entire change log is quite an extensive read.

Thank you so very much Hooyaah! Double checked my version and I have Sacred 2 Gold with Ice and Blood 2.65.2 so all should be well I believe. 

Cannot wait to play with the CM patch again. It has been a long time and numerous versions ago since I have. I am so excited to be playing again! :) Have been reading over the change log and wow! 

Thank you again for your help. Will let you all know how it goes. 

• Like! 1

You are most welcome. I do recall someones who were using the Steam version and experienced some technical Steam-related issues. That's why I am posting the link below, in the unlikely event you have need of help and desire quick suggestions. Within it there are, among other help ideas, links to the Steam forums which others have found useful.

• Thanks! 1

Steam-wise it's not really that different, I've had no issues. The hotfix was provided shortly after the release of 1.60 but the CM Patch file for download was updated to include its fixes.

You should launch the game one time before installing the patch though, a first boot to the game's main menu is enough to complete anything that it requires to launch properly. After that just drop out, install the patch, have fun. :)

• Thanks! 1
10 hours ago, crowgrrrl said:

I am using the Steam version of Sacred 2. Is there anything I need to do different when installing the CM patch? Also, am I assuming correctly that after I install the patch that I need to also install the hot fix for it? 

Thanks in advance for the help.  I am fumble fingers when it comes to this type of thing and I want to do everything correctly :).

its awesome that you got such great tips on this topic, and that you're looking for ways to make this game work, course its worth it :)
I wrote in that this topic was about steam in the topic sentence as well, to help document and help other players of Sacred who are looking for help as well

Gluck!

:)

gogo

• Thanks! 1
5 hours ago, crowgrrrl said:

Thanks so much Hooyaah, Androdion, and Gogo! Most helpful. 

Hope to be doing some heavy playing in a few days. Sometimes real life chores suck lol. I want to play!!! You all rock! 

:bounce:

gogo

Thought you all would like to know that I got the CM patch installed and it is running perfectly! I am so happy!! Thank you all again for your help :) Made everything much easier. 

Now if I can get the fonts to my liking that will be even better lol. Darn my old eyes. I changed the fonts but have not hit the sweet spot for the small text. If anyone can suggest a font (windows 10) to try that would be great! :) 

I forgot to thank whoever fixed the title to be more informative so thank you bunches!

• Like! 1

It's great to know that you got the game patched with CM 1.60! A good font that should be very legible for you is Tahoma, Arial Bold is also quite easy on the eyes. :happy:

• Like! 1
11 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

It's great to know that you got the game patched with CM 1.60! A good font that should be very legible for you is Tahoma, Arial Bold is also quite easy on the eyes. :happy:

Thank you bunches Hooyaah! :)

• Like! 1

I am happy to have helped. I certainly hope that the font improves the readability of the scripts in your game. I would enjoy an update on how well it worked out for you, if it is no bother.

:happy:

• Like! 1

The Tahoma is much better, though I think I am going to go for the bold in this font.  Having astigmatism just complicates matters lol. I am going to play with it some more and am going to try out the Arial Bold as well. :) Will keep you posted  

Thanks again for the suggestions Hooyaah, very much appreciated. Who knows, it might even help someone else too. :)

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, crowgrrrl said:

The Tahoma is much better, though I think I am going to go for the bold in this font.  Having astigmatism just complicates matters lol. I am going to play with it some more and am going to try out the Arial Bold as well. :) Will keep you posted  

Thanks again for the suggestions Hooyaah, very much appreciated. Who knows, it might even help someone else too. :)

You may even wish to try Arial Black. It's arguably the easiest font to read, sort of like the print used in a newspaper headline. Also you may wish to try using all capital letters. Good luck! Yes, helping some others would be wonderful. Let's concern ourselves with you first and make sure that you get everything in proper order.

• Thanks! 1

Reporting in :) So far Arial Bold is working quite well! Having so much fun playing now that I can actually see the text lol! 

Will also try the Arial Black to see how it works. Between the 2 I will be good to go and play my heart out. :) 

Thanks bunches again Hooyaah for the help. You have made the game even more enjoyable for me. Thank you!!! :) 

• Thanks! 1

Thank you for the update Crowgrrrl. It's a blessing to know that it worked out for you and that you are getting so much enjoyment from the game now. Arial Black may be more than you need if Arial Bold is doing the trick. Another thing you may try is using a larger, HDMI 4 monitor and place it on a stand on your desktop. Of course, you would need to have a 4K rig so that the video out from the PC would fit the cable to the monitor. Let me know if you want more info on that but bear in mind it may get expensive.

• Thanks! 1

Hooyaah, sorry for the delay have been playing lots :) ! Things are going swimmingly! 

Will keep the 4K set up in mind though. Sounds awesome! Thank you so very much again! You rock!!! :) 

• Like! 1
  • 5 months later...

Hello to all the Gaming Experts out there.

After many years away from Sacred 2 due the bugs n crashes I m finally back with it on Steam.

Unfortunately the Steam version crashes or lags from time to time even though I bought a freaking expensive high spec gaming laptop. I am on 2.6.5.2 build 1837.

I have been following this thread with excitement. Will this patch solve all my problems?

My SW is now at Level 24. Been just playing a few days. Will I like lose my SW if I install the patch n have to start over again?

I hope the experts here can advise me. Thank you very much for all the hard work to give us gamers a wonderful experience.

I really want to finish this game. It’s on my bucket list.

Please help and guide an old man. Hehe

CM Patch 1.60 drastically increases the stability, though there have been reports os some random crashing and some Win 10 issues. But it really makes a difference.

You'll have to start all over though, it works better with new characters.

4 hours ago, Androdion said:

CM Patch 1.60 drastically increases the stability, though there have been reports os some random crashing and some Win 10 issues. But it really makes a difference.

I'm getting a regular CTD at least once each gaming session. Completely at random; no set area where it happens. It's always the same generic memory allocation fault. I thought I had fixed it by disabling AlienFX, but it continues. Steam and Geforce Experience were also running in the background, so I disabled those as well. Makes no difference. Maybe W10 is the culprit here. I have 16 GB of RAM, but it appears that the game is not using more than 2 GB. Once that threshold is reached, the game will freeze and drop back to desktop.

No idea what else I could do at this point..

Edited by CapnTucker
12 hours ago, Androdion said:

Hi Andro

Oh well that really sucks. I happen to get a lot of sets items n uniques already as such a low level.

Ok. I see that my old character will be bugged. Shucks.

Also I heard that patch will improve the game camera settings to see wider n further.

Is that true?

Thanks Gamers

Edited by James7830

Well, uniques and set items will be mostly unaffected since their stats are always the same. It's just that rare items (yellow) will have their stats re-rolled so you may end up with mostly useless stuff. Plus the logic of starting over is more due to preventing broken quests, so what you can do is put your uniques and set items in the shared chest and start a new character so he can still use them.

The camera improvements are, by memory, in boss battles. You can adjust the camera settings manually though, just follow the instructions on this topic: 

3 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Well, uniques and set items will be mostly unaffected since their stats are always the same. It's just that rare items (yellow) will have their stats re-rolled so you may end up with mostly useless stuff. Plus the logic of starting over is more due to preventing broken quests, so what you can do is put your uniques and set items in the shared chest and start a new character so he can still use them.

The camera improvements are, by memory, in boss battles. You can adjust the camera settings manually though, just follow the instructions on this topic: 

Thanks Andro

Very helpful info indeed. I will be doing more reading on this forum before updating the CM patch.

I am really grateful for all the work Flix and the team has put in to keep this game going even after many years.

The "Shared Chest" is the character red chest that we find in town? Sorry I m not sure about this.

Yes, the big red chest. You have two tabs, the first is your own chest and the second is the shared chest, which you can access with all characters that you create. You can also press X (if memory serves) to summon the carrier imp, which is basically a walking chest. :D