Installation of CmPatch with Steam?

4 hours ago, Androdion said:

Yes, the big red chest. You have two tabs, the first is your own chest and the second is the shared chest, which you can access with all characters that you create. You can also press X (if memory serves) to summon the carrier imp, which is basically a walking chest. :D

Thanks a lot Andro. I m currently doing housekeeping for my SW to prepare for a new start with CM1.6.

I have been reading on this forum the bugs reported after CM1.6. I just need to ask a few questions to the team before I go ahead with the update.

I am running my Sacred 2 Gold I&B from Steam. Its the updated version.

Based on what I have read on this forum I have to do the following

1. Uninstall Sacred 2 (and other files needs deleting?)

2. Install Sacred 2 and don't put it in the /Windows or any Sys related folder. Choose sumthing like C:/GAMES etc

3. Run Sacred 2 for the 1st time

4. Exit Sacred 2

5. Run Patch

6. Play n enjoy the game.

Its roughly what I have gathered so far.

Would be nice is the team can provide the steps based on the feedback and their experience.

Thanks.

If you want to do a clean reinstall that's ok, I myself did the same after the patch saw its final form. You can delete the game's instalation folder, the "ascaron entertainment" folder on C:\Users\"user name"\Saved Games\ and the options.txt hidden file on C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2\. Every other step is alright I guess.

Do install the Trimmed Elite Textures if you want to enjoy the game with the best possible quality. You just need to place the PAK files in the Sacred 2 installation folder.

Hi Admin

I tried playing the game on Steam today but could not launch.

I had to go to Steam and do that ‘verify integrity of game files’

Then it said 79 files could not be validated n will be downloaded again which it did.

Will this undo what the new patch has done?

9 hours ago, James7830 said:

Hi Admin

I tried playing the game on Steam today but could not launch.

I had to go to Steam and do that ‘verify integrity of game files’

Then it said 79 files could not be validated n will be downloaded again which it did.

Will this undo what the new patch has done?

Most likely it will, since it checks all files against what was originally downloaded. So any changes are bound to be reverted.

Easy enough to confirm though, just launch the game and see if the logo is the vanilla one or not. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I watched a Sacred 2 twitch stream stream today. The steam version of Sacred 2 Gold was played and I recommended the community patch. After the installation the game crashed every time when it came to load the autoexec (one of the start screens with a small logo and all the text on it).

Any idea what can be done to get it started normally with the patch? It's on win 8.

Edited by ameaeth