Altered Carbon? Anyone?

Binge watched this last weekend...really good series...I hope they come back for a season 2.

Just as a warning...this is NOT suitable for kids (quite a bit of nudity)

• Like! 1
22 hours ago, Veracious said:

It's been 4 weeks since I binged this series on Netflix and I have yet to be able to discuss it with anyone. Has anybody besides me watched it? 

After coming off a huge wave of euphoria this year from Blade Runner, I was so excited to see someone else's take on Immortality.  I was so up to binge watch the entire series in two days, but these days, everything really good I want to slowly parcel out.  Watched one new episode daily, and really enjoyed most of it.

Things I liked:

Visuals

some of the concepts (sleeves are coming!!)

AI... man... the Ai's actually talking to each other and having emotional motives? What better way to inspire progress and ruthless improvement in your creations... Bravo on this...I LOVED the Raven Hotel... just so sad that we didnt get to see more... GIVE US MORE

Things I did not much like:

REALLY didnt like much  the lead actor... I pretty much lol'd through most of the series with him... c'mon someone liight a fire under him and free him from that wooden acting :lol:

I'd completely recommend the series for sci fi lovers... this is one of the great netflix creations.. watch it!

Knuckles,I hear you on this not being for kids...but if they'd been just shown some restraint it could have had a wider audience.  As such, I'm not even sure that showing all that skin was necessary... what did it give them? :blink:

Yes... bring us a season two!

:bounce:

gogo

I forgot to mention the age restriction lol. But with all the violence I don't think it's any less suitable for kids just because Human bodies are shown. Maybe I'm overly liberal in that area. 

I an easily live with the nudity if thats what it takes to make a edgy, beautiful sci fi show like this... with so much sci fi being produced like it's coming from a "mill" having decent writing like this with imagination that tingles the sense, is a thrill ride.

And those AI's... LOVED those AI's... just wish we'd seen more... The Raven hotel was just incredible...and seeing him having a convo with the others was a jaw dropper

:)

gogo

Oh I don't have an issue with nudity...just if I had young kids, this would be one of those "I'll watch it when they're asleep" series.

I did love the AI hotel...really hope it isn't permanently gone if they have season 2...really enjoyed the concept and the actor who played it. I didn't mind the lead actor though he could have shown a wee bit more range in emotion....it was all gloom and doom with him...though if I was brought back to life after 250 years I might be a bit grumpy too. Also wish they had gone more in depth on why they just had to have an Envoy for this task. I know he had a lot of flashbacks explaining his prior life but not really why his training was so special/needed.

2 hours ago, Knuckles said:

I did love the AI hotel...really hope it isn't permanently gone if they have season 2...really enjoyed the concept and the actor who played it.

He was awesome ! That first episode was absolutely thrilling.  In fact, you writing more about him made me want to do more digging...and I found this exceptional gem of prose on MotherBoard:The Best Character in 'Altered Carbon' Is a Hotel

Guess I'll be revisiting first episode again tonight

:)

gogo

13 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Oh I don't have an issue with nudity...just if I had young kids, this would be one of those "I'll watch it when they're asleep" series.

I did love the AI hotel...really hope it isn't permanently gone if they have season 2...really enjoyed the concept and the actor who played it. I didn't mind the lead actor though he could have shown a wee bit more range in emotion....it was all gloom and doom with him...though if I was brought back to life after 250 years I might be a bit grumpy too. Also wish they had gone more in depth on why they just had to have an Envoy for this task. I know he had a lot of flashbacks explaining his prior life but not really why his training was so special/needed.

from what I gathered the legend of envoys kind of preceded them a bit. I think the opening episode did a bit to show they had some preternatural mental abilities. They also were known for being loyal to a fault and couldn't be swayed from their goal. I also think part of it was in that society there wasn't any enemy that could defeat an envoy and that's what the meth wanted to pay for. I also think the meth was hoping for the element of surprise since the "perpetrator" wouldn't know an envoy still existed. He was supposedly the last one, thought to be dead. 

• Like! 1
  • 8 months later...
On 3/7/2018 at 7:28 AM, Veracious said:

from what I gathered the legend of envoys kind of preceded them a bit. I think the opening episode did a bit to show they had some preternatural mental abilities. They also were known for being loyal to a fault and couldn't be swayed from their goal. I also think part of it was in that society there wasn't any enemy that could defeat an envoy and that's what the meth wanted to pay for. I also think the meth was hoping for the element of surprise since the "perpetrator" wouldn't know an envoy still existed. He was supposedly the last one, thought to be dead. 

Veracious... did you see... This coming out as netflix animation... WOOT!

:dance:

GOGO

19 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Veracious... did you see... This coming out as netflix animation... WOOT!

:dance:

GOGO

I saw but I don't know why. What happened to season 2 with Anthony Mackie?

16 hours ago, Veracious said:

I saw but I don't know why. What happened to season 2 with Anthony Mackie?

Waiting for season 2 as well ... surprised about new of this animation but will gladly consume 

🤓

gogo

3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Waiting for season 2 as well ... surprised about new of this animation but will gladly consume 

🤓

gogo

So long as the cartoon isn't a replacement for season 2. Lol. That would suck