Xbox One Backward Compatibility Vote for Sacred 2

Hello!  I recently purchased an Xbox One S and have been enjoying some backward compatible games such as Oblivion and Red Dead Redemption and thought why the hell Sacred 2 hasn't been added yet.  Loading it up on my still working PS3 was just painfully slow and ugly.  (Still can't stand the screen tearing!)

So I added my vote to the official feedback thread and thought this would be a good place to drum up some more votes.  Head over to here and make your vote count!

4 hours ago, Kirii said:

Hello!  I recently purchased an Xbox One S and have been enjoying some backward compatible games such as Oblivion and Red Dead Redemption and thought why the hell Sacred 2 hasn't been added yet.  Loading it up on my still working PS3 was just painfully slow and ugly.  (Still can't stand the screen tearing!)

So I added my vote to the official feedback thread and thought this would be a good place to drum up some more votes.  Head over to here and make your vote count!

This is an  awesome FYI Kiril, thanks for the post and link.  I went and dutifully added my vote. great to see how many votes AND how much commentary..it's like this game's a backburner for many gamer fans... good to see!!

:bounce:

gogo

• 2 months later...

So, for some reason Microsoft did away with BC voting...  and replaced it with a overly simple suggestion box.  At least we got Sacred 2 up to 2,113 votes before the end!

In the end I am really not sure how they choose BC titles.  The voting didn't seem influence Microsoft's decision making for which titles will be released and when.  I imagine it just comes down to publisher?  If so Sacred 2 might be SOL.

• 8 months later...

So here's the thing, Deep Silver (Publishers of Sacred for EU) have gave me some information on this. Something from them when I asked if it was coming as BC and the NA marketplace, "I don't think there is a big chance of this title coming back to Xbox Marketplace anytime soon or as BC. Ascaron doesn't exist anymore, CDV doesn't exist anymore - it would most likely just be too complicated to untangle and renew licensing and distribution agreements for North America, if nobody is really in charge anymore.

Besides, this is an old title, from a management point of view this probably also doesn't have a very high priority (if any)."

19 hours ago, Aaron8956 said:

So here's the thing, Deep Silver (Publishers of Sacred for EU) have gave me some information on this. Something from them when I asked if it was coming as BC and the NA marketplace, "I don't think there is a big chance of this title coming back to Xbox Marketplace anytime soon or as BC. Ascaron doesn't exist anymore, CDV doesn't exist anymore - it would most likely just be too complicated to untangle and renew licensing and distribution agreements for North America, if nobody is really in charge anymore.

Besides, this is an old title, from a management point of view this probably also doesn't have a very high priority (if any)."

We can just keep hoping... the mechanics of this game are pretty splendid and humors a part of its DNA...and dont forget..its still got the fans :gogo:

Happy you found us here at the end of the Sacred adventurers' road...

Welcome to DarkMatters, Aaron!

:)

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

We can just keep hoping... the mechanics of this game are pretty splendid and humors a part of its DNA...and dont forget..its still got the fans :gogo:

Happy you found us here at the end of the Sacred adventurers' road...

Welcome to DarkMatters, Aaron!

:)

gogo

Yep, hope is all we have but that's the thing, if this game doesn't get republished to the Xbox marketplace in North America, there is no hope because that is who and what decides if the game goes into the BC program besides Xbox if you didn't know. Sure Deep Silver could say it's okay for it to go in as BC but Xbox needs permission from the publishers of NA who don't exist.

I can only think of one person who might consider maybe working out an agreement with Deep Silver and picking up the rights and that is Keen Games because they are the closest closest connection to them with Sacred games. We all know Keen Games made a game called Sacred 3... Yeah that game... what a disappointment.. If Deep Silver doesn't want to do it, who else will or can, I guess "hope" is all we have.

I'm no expert on how companies can just pick up and renew rights or anything, I just know it's a complicated process. Thanks for the welcome by the way, I'm glad to part of a community who are fans of Sacred. 😃

• Like! 1
4 minutes ago, lujate said:

I've been sorely tempted these past few weeks to buy an old console (ps3 in my case)  solely to play Sacred 2.  So far,  I've resisted the urge.

Same here, my 360 disc drive broke and I was never able to buy it on the marketplace because the game got taken off.

• Like! 1
On 1/21/2019 at 11:12 PM, Aaron8956 said:

Damn that hurts to read that a chance at second life isn't going to happen.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

he was quoted  using the word "possibly"

if series' can be "rebooted" Sacred can come back

:superman:

gogo

3 hours ago, Flix said:

Most likely won't happen unless everyone requests like a Sacred 2 Remastered. They were working on a game called Unbended and then ended up canceling it. It was supposed to be just like Sacred 2.

Not sure what's going to happen with Sacred 2, but there is still is a chance and that's all we can hold on to for now.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:52 PM, lujate said:

If you still have your old console, Game Stop lists Sacred 2 for $5. Don't ask how I know that... :D

:lol:

Lujate, btw... are you playing any overwatch with your nephew? I'd heard that there is cross platform compabitlity with that game?

I had a nephew too who now... *le sigh* :lol: and he is loving overwatch

:D

gogo

5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

:lol:

Lujate, btw... are you playing any overwatch with your nephew? I'd heard that there is cross platform compabitlity with that game?

I had a nephew too who now... *le sigh* :lol: and he is loving overwatch

:D

gogo

That's not one my nephews play. They love FPS games,  so I can't say why. These days it's D3 on Xbox 1 when we get together.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe this year, maybe the next, maybe not at all but I'm still here and always will be. Keep what little hope you have left, this game needs it.

I hope all of you guys are doing well and are having a great year so far.

• Sad 1
  • 1 year later...
On 3/26/2019 at 5:02 AM, Aaron8956 said:

Maybe this year, maybe the next, maybe not at all but I'm still here and always will be. Keep what little hope you have left, this game needs it.

I hope all of you guys are doing well and are having a great year so far.

I'm still waiting 😭🙏🏼

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, MiDSpeeD said:

I'm still waiting 😭🙏🏼

And while waiting... a hearty welcome to DarkMatters...and some complimentary local Quebecois spring time sugar shack yum-yums to snack on!

130770177_3877675522243255_5307849990361693058_n.0.jpg

• 8 months later...

Wow... it's finally here, I lost all hope and ended up buying a new 360 but it's actually here! I can't wait to play it on my Xbox Series X. After all this time of waiting, I am so happy to hear the news.

• Like! 1