Steam - name and friendships?

5 hours ago, Delta! said:

Hello Everyone. :bye:

This is not an introduction... although I never did that properly on here...:whistle:

My Steam name is theunha, and you are welcome to send me friend invites on Steam.:thumbsup:

This is my picture, and it says I live in Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa.

image.png.5ab97f27534455b43a456d309b9d3b89.png

If you are also to be found on Steam and don't mind getting friend invites from Fellow Sacred Players from DarkMatters, Leave your Steam name here and make some friends...:friends3::coffeecup::pitcher:

Awseoms idea, Theuns! I'm also open to friendship requests if anyone is intersted... my nic is...

gogoblender

:D

gogo

p.s. hmm, true.. you, sir, did never make a intro thread huh ^^  :whip:

16 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Awseoms idea, Theuns! I'm also open to friendship requests if anyone is intersted... my nic is...

gogoblender

:D

gogo

p.s. hmm, true.. you, sir, did never make a intro thread huh ^^  :whip:

I have sent you an invite already gogo, and Hooyaah and I are already friends.

5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Done!

What do you guys think about Vermintide?

4 person coop!

:viking:

gogo

OMW!

It looks soo good. I love the fact that the trailer shows some actual gameplay and not just videos. I don't know how well I will do playing a game like that...

Unless I can change the camera angle... 

3 hours ago, Delta! said:

OMW!

It looks soo good. I love the fact that the trailer shows some actual gameplay and not just videos. I don't know how well I will do playing a game like that...

Unless I can change the camera angle... 

It's on super sale ...!
Schot just ordered a copy last night, and we're downloading it overnight to save on bandwidth costs (free in the twililight hours with TekSavvy... I want to see if my desktop can handle it, if not, what I need to upgrade to. 

:)

gogo

I just looked at the requirements... and I do not have a strong enough CPU for even the minimum requirements... and South African internet is infamous for being slower and way more unstable than our overseas equivalents... I am on a laptop and gave up my desktop about 3,5 years ago... and my laptop is only 2 years old, does not give me any issues, was very good for the time I bought it, but cost me an arm and a leg, and a part of my soul, difficulty being some religious sects say gays don't have souls and the sacrifice of a virgin, which was difficult to come by since I lived in a university town.... so for now I will stick to some older games or games that require less hardware....

Edited by Delta!
8 hours ago, Delta! said:

I just looked at the requirements... and I do not have a strong enough CPU for even the minimum requirements... and South African internet is infamous for being slower and way more unstable than our overseas equivalents... I am on a laptop and gave up my desktop about 3,5 years ago... and my laptop is only 2 years old, does not give me any issues, was very good for the time I bought it, but cost me an arm and a leg, and a part of my soul difficulty being some religious sects say gays don't have souls and the sacrifice of a virgin, which was difficult to come by since I lived in a university town.... so for now I will stick to some older games or games that require less hardware....

Schot just returned the game

... his card wasn’t powerful enough for it either ...

dont worry.. somethings  out there for all of us!

😊

gogo

Oh dear, I didn't think it will happen that 3 out of 4 people can't play...

it does seem like it needs a hardcore machine, minimum requirement are not so extreme, but the recommended requirements does not seem like something that is easy to get, especially if you are using a laptop.

I am sure there will be a game that we can play together someday. 

I tried playing Dota 2 online the first time a few weeks back... I played Dota such a long time ago, way before Dota 2 was even thought of, and it did not go so well... I was under the impression that I am joining a game with other new comers, turns out, they where a well established team who has many hours under the belt, so I'll just end by saying, it did not go well. 

There are so many games out there from which to choose. It is difficult to find one that would meet the expectations and the requirements of all. However, I found one that is promising, unless group game play is the goal. It's a vast open world, quite flexible system requirements, DRM free, no broadband connection required (except for online features) and it's highly rated with numerous reviews. Check out Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, MSWooooord said:

Dragon's Dogma has a different system for multiplayer. Players create an AI character ("pawns" in the game), which can be hired by other players. Your pawn can learn how to defeat monsters (and more) while they follow with you, AND they come back to you with knowledge after being hired by other players. It's a great and fun action game, and has a unique take on cooperating with other players.

I'm usually on GOG these days, but my feel free to add me on Steam :]

A very unique take on Coop Play! Is it actually fun? I'm actually wondering how this would work out? How unusual!

:lol:

gogo

p.s. I shall add you... thanks for posting your link :)

11 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

There are so many games out there from which to choose. It is difficult to find one that would meet the expectations and the requirements of all. However, I found one that is promising, unless group game play is the goal. It's a vast open world, quite flexible system requirements, DRM free, no broadband connection required (except for online features) and it's highly rated with numerous reviews. Check out Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Hooyaah, maybe we can take a look at it this weekend!

Thanks for the research and post

gogo

11 hours ago, lujate said:

I hope you're right,  but I fear the universally loved Sacred 2 was an "alignment of the planets" that might never come again.

aieeeeeeeeeeeeee... nooooooooooooooooo....

:cry:

gogo

1 minute ago, gogoblender said:

A very unique take on Coop Play! Is it actually fun? I'm actually wondering how this would work out? How unusual!

:lol:

gogo

p.s. I shall add you... thanks for posting your link :)

and invite sent!

gogo

11 hours ago, lujate said:

I hope you're right,  but I fear the universally loved Sacred 2 was an "alignment of the planets" that might never come again.

Are you on Steam Lujate?

23 hours ago, lujate said:

For me it was the original Sacred. Was the first game I really played in MP and where I met so many peeps I still talk with today like gogo and Schot. Was in the beta for Sacred 2 and think the allure faded for me before it was even actually released. Oh I still immensely enjoyed it but the first one was such a new experience for me and meeting all the great people in HC really left it's indelible mark on me.

Delta, I'm on Stream but these days I seem be playing mostly SP games ( like Rimworld, They Are Billions, Crashlands etc). I just have such limited time to play that coordinating game times would be arduous for me. Also I have a hard time with FPS type games. Action is too fast for me now (getting old :o ) and fast movements tend to blur my vision. That said I do play a lot of Grim Dawn. They do have MP though it's more of an add-on than a core part of game. If you're interested in it, especially for MP, I would talk with Dorimil. He has played quite a bit of MP and could tell you what to expect.

My Steam name is Knuckles (weird huh) but I guess there are a couple of us....so look for the one with 'Robb' in the profile.

Actually I'll just send you an invite :)

• Like! 1
On 3/13/2018 at 7:30 PM, Hooyaah said:

The magic system is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing.... kind of like we're in an Anime movie... windups ... and GO

:viking:

gogo