My new mineral thread

https://postimg.cc/gallery/15e2buojq/

Hello, everyone :) This is the new link to some of my personal mineral collection. I will update from time to time.  This just in, just in time for St. Patrick's Day, is a piece of malachite. Well, it's not "just" in, it's been on my shelf for months. But it's not selling, which means I can yank it off my shelf and add it to my own collection, which means I can photo it.

That might sound strange; "I can't photo minerals that aren't mine". I'm not a superstitious guy, but every time I photo minerals in my little boutique, disaster happens. One time, I procured a shipment of cathedral amethysts. These things were so bodacious that I put some pics in my personal collection. The next day, the southeast wing of my home burned down. When I went to Ripley's, I found minerals selling for dirt cheap in their gift shop. So, I got a handful of these, sent a few pics to fellow rockhounds, and my son had a shunt malfunction the next day. One time, I was able to mine a substantial amount of Vera Cruz amethysts, put them in my photo collection, and both Connor and I had the worst GTC seizures of our lives. I found a glorious ruby in fuchsite sphere at a Podunk flea market, and bought it for my son. I put a picture of it in my collection, and my father had a mild heart attack the next day. So, maybe it's sheer coincidence, but EVERY time I put a photo of a mineral that technically isn't mine in my photobucket thing, a disaster happens.

I had to edit bc the link was broke. Instead of ". org", we're supposed to use " .cc", whatever the heck that is. It took me forever to find that little nugget of info out, so there are very few new pics. 2 in fact, a milky quartz that won't sell in my store bc of it's tips, and a smoky amethyst.

Edited by Gilberticus

Which sounds stupid. Even if there's such a thing as "good" and "bad" luck, even if there's anything to superstitions, all of those minerals that I talked about in the disasters were mine. After all, I either bought or mined all of them. It shouldn't matter whether I buy them for me or as a gift for someone else or my store or even if I buy one to send to the moon. Common sense dictates that it shouldn't matter. All I know is that when I take a photo of a mineral that I intend to place anywhere other than in my own collection and put that photo on my postimage board, the stuff hits the fan. It doesn't make much sense, but that's what happens, and I like my home and health of self and family just the way they are, so stupid and silly or not, I'll comply.

7 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

Thank you :) I'm thinking about adding one per day. I think tomorrow, I'll add a favosite fossil.

fossils?

:o

like dinosaur fossils ... trilobites?

:)

gogo

Done. Yes, a favosite is an extinct coral. Now, this particular little fella belongs in both my fossil and mineral categories, as it's chambers have filled up with agate.

• Like! 1