Hay guys, I want to know your favorite character build that y'all have made in either sacred underworld or sacred 2. Ill start us out.

My favorite build was a dwarf merchant/support character in Sacred Underworld. I got him to about level 22 (as of now) and he focuses on getting the most money out of merchants & buffing my brother's Daemon (the damage dealer between us two). My dwarf wields a large axe/hammer for damage, a musket & shield for taking down annoying ranged/flying enemies, & a small axe & shield for an increase in speed. 

My dwarf has fully upgraded his barter to his level, has been upgrading his smithing so that we don't need to go to towns for a black smith. his ready to use skills consist of his morter shot, his normal cannon shot, his flame thrower, & a combo that combines all 4 of his passive buff skills (this doesn't include his greed skill, though.) 

Now that I have given my example, please give me Y'alls builds.

• Like! 1

Well Whisky (pours a lil' bit into a glass) let me take a shot. I'd have to say that my favorite personally designed build is this right here: Devastating And Survivable Mystic Stormite Build

You can see the results by viewing the Niobium Bass Battles which begin with this one (Level 82 Niobium - High Elf vs. Gahanka) and move forward in progression from March 7, 2018. These encounters are after installation of the CM Patch 160.

21 hours ago, Whisky said:

Hay guys, I want to know your favorite character build that y'all have made in either sacred underworld or sacred 2. Ill start us out.

My favorite build was a dwarf merchant/support character in Sacred Underworld. I got him to about level 22 (as of now) and he focuses on getting the most money out of merchants & buffing my brother's Daemon (the damage dealer between us two). My dwarf wields a large axe/hammer for damage, a musket & shield for taking down annoying ranged/flying enemies, & a small axe & shield for an increase in speed. 

My dwarf has fully upgraded his barter to his level, has been upgrading his smithing so that we don't need to go to towns for a black smith. his ready to use skills consist of his morter shot, his normal cannon shot, his flame thrower, & a combo that combines all 4 of his passive buff skills (this doesn't include his greed skill, though.) 

Now that I have given my example, please give me Y'alls builds.

And... this is my most favorite build... and nastiest as well! :4rofl:

:lol:

gogo

• 9 months later...

Sacred 2 all-def Seraphine with all runes spent for bfg and some for pelting strikes.

Sacred 1 I’m experimenting with an unarmed gladiator build... well I beat up the DeMordrey dragon pretty easily. Fist of the gods are good for enemies who like running away, otherwise assault or whatever the name is. Points in strength, skills: constitution, armor and unarmed for now.

Sadly, the BeeEffGee build isn’t that usefull like in Sacred 2, but there’s always a shard mage... until something hits him ONCE and he perishes. It’s fun on lower lewels, though.

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, Speedoom said:

Sacred 2 all-def Seraphine with all runes spent for bfg and some for pelting strikes.

Sacred 1 I’m experimenting with an unarmed gladiator build... well I beat up the DeMordrey dragon pretty easily. Fist of the gods are good for enemies who like running away, otherwise assault or whatever the name is. Points in strength, skills: constitution, armor and unarmed for now.

Sadly, the BeeEffGee build isn’t that usefull like in Sacred 2, but there’s always a shard mage... until something hits him ONCE and he perishes. It’s fun on lower lewels, though.

Hi Speedoom, love reading about your trying out of the builds in this game.  The Seraphim was a big favorite of mine from both games, though Dryad ended up being my favorite because of that zero travel speed of her blow pipe.

Lovely to have you here on the boards, and welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

I wouldn't say the following are clear favorites but more so builds that were much stronger than I thought they'd be

- Sacred - Death from above build, Arnuums set, Pump Inferno, stomp - just demolishes EVERYTHING

and Lightning strike build - took a while to develop, fun to use ring of ice on mobs then the zap the hell of mobs.

- Sacred 2 Fallen angel - the dryad totem build with the gold scorpion. Acute mind, tinworas, deathblow, had a +18 skills amulet too.

9 minutes ago, Augmint said:

I wouldn't say the following are clear favorites but more so builds that were much stronger than I thought they'd be

- Sacred - Death from above build, Arnuums set, Pump Inferno, stomp - just demolishes EVERYTHING

and Lightning strike build - took a while to develop, fun to use ring of ice on mobs then the zap the hell of mobs.

- Sacred 2 Fallen angel - the dryad totem build with the gold scorpion. Acute mind, tinworas, deathblow, had a +18 skills amulet too.

Death from above...them cranking up that fire rate on the cross bow when she was aloft was pure genius and a thrilling surprise

:bounce:

gogo

I'm a big fan of the Seraphim too (not just talking about builds), I've just freshly restarted playing a bit with a 2 handed sword Seraph atm :paladin: The Ice High-Elf is also one of my fav ones.

I hope you have passed a good christmas.all.

• Like! 1
On 1/8/2019 at 10:41 PM, gogoblender said:

Hi Speedoom, love reading about your trying out of the builds in this game.  The Seraphim was a big favorite of mine from both games, though Dryad ended up being my favorite because of that zero travel speed of her blow pipe.

Lovely to have you here on the boards, and welcome to DarkMatters!

gogo

Hi gogo, thank you for the warm welcome! :) 

I play Sacred since... 2009? Something like that. I always played it in single player, but I talked about it a lot with some of my friends and with my little sister too, to whom I introduced the game. So I know builds - but not with the names you mention them, I guess.

My favourite Vampiress build's first priority is to conjure as many bats as possible and then the wolf companion. Skills are the ones with regen time reduction and the rest are like armor, agility, sword lore, I don't remember the others. This build is extremely fun to play, as you usually just stand in one place, summon new minions when needed and watch your confused foes perish.

You probably know that Sacred 1 calculates your chance at finding runes like:  Your Level x (an unknown number) - The Number of Runes You Used = %chance of getting runes out of monsters. So a level 50 Seraphim with 50 runes spent is going to loot more runes under an hour than a level 50 Seraphim with 100 runes spent. Figuring that out changed my early builds a lot, turning this mechanism of the game to my advantage allowed me to build my fav daemon: 1 rune on Flying Daemon, most of the runes on Hell sphere and some on blazing disc. With this method in mind, I could build a daemon with skills way abowe her level and so above her opponent's level. A 4-combination of high level Hell Spheres solves bosses just like Alexander the Great solved the Gordian Knot. All I needed was a good supply of yellow potions. Skills are all defensive with sword lore, so sword and shield combo protected my daemon further.

I use this method in Sacred 2, but not sure if I need to.

• Like! 1
On 1/12/2019 at 12:22 PM, desm said:

I'm a big fan of the Seraphim too (not just talking about builds), I've just freshly restarted playing a bit with a 2 handed sword Seraph atm :paladin: The Ice High-Elf is also one of my fav ones.

I hope you have passed a good christmas.all.

Awesome seeing you back here desm, hope you enjoyed a wonderful holiday with your family as well, you made me think of those Seraphim builds... I remember that first time I saw Celestial Light animate on screen, I was breathless...and then getting the regen down low enough so that you could throw eight or nine of them on screen at the same time... 

Hooked!!

:drool:

gogo

My favourite build is a Wood Elf magic user. It only uses 2 skills, "Thornbush" as the main attack skill and "Call of the Ancestors" for undead and Bosses. I use equipment that boosts poison damage and virtually slaughter everything in sight as I kite around them watching those lovely columns of green damage numbers filling the screen!

:evil:

7 hours ago, podgie_bear said:

My favourite build is a Wood Elf magic user. It only uses 2 skills, "Thornbush" as the main attack skill and "Call of the Ancestors" for undead and Bosses. I use equipment that boosts poison damage and virtually slaughter everything in sight as I kite around them watching those lovely columns of green damage numbers filling the screen!

:evil:

You know...I never really got to have fun with the WE when I was playing Sacred Underworld, but I fell in loved with Ranged Builds later on in gaming... Podgie are you able to play this game lately on your computer?

gogo

8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

You know...I never really got to have fun with the WE when I was playing Sacred Underworld, but I fell in loved with Ranged Builds later on in gaming... Podgie are you able to play this game lately on your computer?

gogo

Yes I am still playing it (the GoG edition). How could anyone not continue to play such a classic game? Although I am on a break to play Torchlight 1 at the moment, exploring some of the modded classes out there. Just tried Jedi and Sith classes (using the Force and Jedi mind powers in Torchlight1, who would have thought it), liked the Halloween Witch class and currently running the Necromancer class.

Edited by podgie_bear
6 hours ago, podgie_bear said:

Yes I am still playing it (the GoG edition). How could anyone not continue to play such a classic game? Although I am on a break to play Torchlight 1 at the moment, exploring some of the modded classes out there. Just tried Jedi and Sith classes (using the Force and Jedi mind powers in Torchlight1, who would have thought it), liked the Halloween Witch class and currently running the Necromancer class.

Does the Gog edition come with keys for online playing? Have you ever tried playing online or tried to do MP successfully?

gogo

5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Does the Gog edition come with keys for online playing? Have you ever tried playing online or tried to do MP successfully?

gogo

Actually I haven't tried, not since the original MP hardcore servers went down. I don't know if it is playable over GoG Galaxy (anyone know?) although I did consider Hamachi at one point, I never got around to it.

Edited by podgie_bear
23 hours ago, podgie_bear said:

Actually I haven't tried, not since the original MP hardcore servers went down. I don't know if it is playable over GoG Galaxy (anyone know?) although I did consider Hamachi at one point, I never got around to it.

Schot and I just picked up two copies of Sacred Gold ...wow they work so well, and we're trying to get the MP going in this topic here.. we have gotten good results already and I have begun posting in other forums to find other players and folks who are trying to MP... maybe we can chat about it in this topic here to keep this favorite builds  topic on course:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 4:02 PM, Azazin said:

Every hybrid-build in Sacred UW like bow/magic wood elf, melee/magic seraphim or daemon. A  4-elementalist battlemage is also fun to play, but this one tooks weeks for preparation :D 

On 1/15/2019 at 4:36 PM, podgie_bear said:

Hi Guys!

Did the two of you put together any guide on a Wood Elf build anywhere? We're able to play online now with MP, felt AWESOME...but within a few minutes, already there was that awesome moment when you had to make a skill choice... :eek: ... 

Just hunting out some good old Sacred Gold WE builds

:D

gogo

14 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Hi Guys!

Did the two of you put together any guide on a Wood Elf build anywhere? We're able to play online now with MP, felt AWESOME...but within a few minutes, already there was that awesome moment when you had to make a skill choice... :eek: ... 

Just hunting out some good old Sacred Gold WE builds

:D

gogo

It's been a while since I did that Wood Elf magic user build, but I think I have the basics written down in my old nostalgic files. I'm strapped for time today, but will dig out my "Witchiepoo" magic user build this evening or tomorrow for you if you think it will be any use to you.

• Like! 1

Hi Gogo, did a check on my basic notes from 'back in the day' and my Wood Elf Magic user "Witchiepoo" was basically;

Primary attack - Thorn Bush (keep regen to under 2 seconds and spam it at anything that moves). Try and equip armour and items that boost poison damage. Don't try and eat too many runes, it is better to spam it every couple of seconds and let poison do the work than to 'boost' dps and have to wait while skills regen.

Secondary attack - Call of the Ancestors (keep regen to about the same as duration). Used mainly for large groups of enemies and bosses. Let the Ancestors loose and kite while spamming Thorn Bush. Between the 2 skills your screen should be full of wonderful dps numbers scrolling up the screen.

I only found one mob in the whole game that caused me problems and that was in Sacred Underworld, I never even saw it, it cast some sort of spell from off screen and I died with nothing visible anywhere around me. It happened to me 3 times while playing at various times and always in the same area. That is when I leaned how many swear words I actually knew, lol.

Edited by podgie_bear
  • Like! 1
40 minutes ago, podgie_bear said:

Hi Gogo, did a check on my basic notes from 'back in the day' and my Wood Elf Magic user "Witchiepoo" was basically;

Primary attack - Thorn Bush (keep regen to under 2 seconds and spam it at anything that moves). Try and equip armour and items that boost poison damage. Don't try and eat too many runes, it is better to spam it every couple of seconds and let poison do the work than to 'boost' dps and have to wait while skills regen.

Secondary attack - Call of the Ancestors (keep regen to about the same as duration). Used mainly for large groups of enemies and bosses. Let the Ancestors loose and kite while spamming Thorn Bush. Between the 2 skills your screen should be full of wonderful dps numbers scrolling up the screen.

I only found one mob in the whole game that caused me problems and that was in Sacred Underworld, I never even saw it, it cast some sort of spell from off screen and I died with nothing visible anywhere around me. It happened to me 3 times while playing at various times and always in the same area. That is when I leaned how many swear words I actually knew, lol.

Thanks Podgie! really appreciate the tips... I had some time this weekend and dug into the old sacred forums here on DarkMatters for guides and found some good ones too...kinda cool looking at those old guide posts, and hearing those players again in my mind, right from out of those servers... I had actually forgotten so much of how that game ran, and that phys regen seems to be pretty important?

What do you think of this guide here:

gogo

8 minutes ago, Veracious said:

I know this is super basic and unoriginal but my favorite in Sacred 2 was the dual wield seraphim. Easy to level and powerful attacks. I'm a noob . Hahaha

lol, Veracious, the DW Seraphim...that was my FIRSt Sacred build of all time... just loved how she could cleaver through stuff... and using her in Combos with four attacks in a row was just insane

:superman:

gogo

• Like! 1
15 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Thanks Podgie! really appreciate the tips... I had some time this weekend and dug into the old sacred forums here on DarkMatters for guides and found some good ones too...kinda cool looking at those old guide posts, and hearing those players again in my mind, right from out of those servers... I had actually forgotten so much of how that game ran, and that phys regen seems to be pretty important?

What do you think of this guide here:

gogo

Well Gogo I am sorry to say that I never even tried a Wood Elf with a bow, it just seemed as if the character was so designed to be an archer that I wanted to rebel and not use the bow at all, so I don't know how well that would work. I leave that to the wiser members of the forum and may have a try with that build in future.

To follow on from my meager description of my "Witchiepoo" build, I found the rest of my notes on it (misfiled where I would never look for it. Of course!)

All points to to Mental regen.

Skills:-

1) Meditation & Magic Lore to begin with (you do know how to change the starting skills of course, but new players may not realise that they can).

3) Moon Magic.

6) Trading. (used continuously to improve my weapons and armour, to find more items increasing poison damage)

12) Constitution.

20) Armour.

30 & 50) Your choice.

The basic premise of the build is that if they are pounding on your armour then you let them get too close! Thorn Bush is great against ranged mobs, because if they shoot the Thornbush it explodes poison in all directions and you should be able to 'throw' it close enough to them so that they get caught in the backlash. The best defence being a good offence, boost that offence!

Don't forget Blacksmith runes, they can boost spells! Don't just cram skill runes into your equipment!!!!!

I know most players seem to build a Dwarf Shopper to keep them supplied with nice stuff, but I always felt that a bit of a cheat and that characters should do their own shopping (no offense, just one of my many quirks).

Edited by podgie_bear
2 hours ago, podgie_bear said:

Well Gogo I am sorry to say that I never even tried a Wood Elf with a bow, it just seemed as if the character was so designed to be an archer that I wanted to rebel and not use the bow at all, so I don't know how well that would work. I leave that to the wiser members of the forum and may have a try with that build in future.

To follow on from my meager description of my "Witchiepoo" build, I found the rest of my notes on it (misfiled where I would never look for it. Of course!)

All points to to Mental regen.

Skills:-

1) Meditation & Magic Lore to begin with (you do know how to change the starting skills of course, but new players may not realise that they can).

3) Moon Magic.

6) Trading. (used continuously to improve my weapons and armour, to find more items increasing poison damage)

12) Constitution.

20) Armour.

30 & 50) Your choice.

The basic premise of the build is that if they are pounding on your armour then you let them get too close! Thorn Bush is great against ranged mobs, because if they shoot the Thornbush it explodes poison in all directions and you should be able to 'throw' it close enough to them so that they get caught in the backlash. The best defence being a good offence, boost that offence!

Don't forget Blacksmith runes, they can boost spells! Don't just cram skill runes into your equipment!!!!!

I know most players seem to build a Dwarf Shopper to keep them supplied with nice stuff, but I always felt that a bit of a cheat and that characters should do their own shopping (no offense, just one of my many quirks).

oooh, Dwarf Shopper...forgot about that...and yes... we met one last night at the bar, boisterous and drunk... we shall quickly ask him to join our fellowship and travel with us to the land of the Shaddar Rim!

whoooooooo hoooooooooo

:dance:

gogo

Actually forgot so much stuff about the secondaries...and using life leech at low levels to stay alive! :bounce: I like also the idea of your anti dwarf ^^  But I've never played a Ranged before, and I do love the ways arrows haphazardly stick out of our targets :4rofl: