Sacred 2 - No more beans...I promise

On 3/21/2018 at 8:27 PM, Flix said:

Tentacles I think it's called.  They explode out of corpses for damage.  Very gory.  I tried and tried to get a Daemon off the ground but Sacred 1 is so much harder, especially for melee.

Why is this, Flix..is it because it's difficult to Mod,or the way the game creates builds with points?

:)

gogo

44 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Why is this, Flix..is it because it's difficult to Mod,or the way the game creates builds with points?

:)

gogo

My theory why I'm struggling is that there are no permanent buffs like in Sacred 2.  You only have temp buffs, and to start with especially they have short durations and LONG cast times.  Trying to buff a Daemon with Infernal Power + Fire Daemon takes up so much precious time, while enemies are wailing on her, then it runs out in a matter of seconds.  While they're active she does well, but without them she's helpless.

Those temp buffs make me grind my teeth.  It's one reason why in Sacred 2 I modded most of them to last longer + less powerful.

On 3/24/2018 at 7:27 AM, Flix said:

My theory why I'm struggling is that there are no permanent buffs like in Sacred 2.  You only have temp buffs, and to start with especially they have short durations and LONG cast times.  Trying to buff a Daemon with Infernal Power + Fire Daemon takes up so much precious time, while enemies are wailing on her, then it runs out in a matter of seconds.  While they're active she does well, but without them she's helpless.

Those temp buffs make me grind my teeth.  It's one reason why in Sacred 2 I modded most of them to last longer + less powerful.

I just brought this up with Schot, and we think you hit it on the head.  The Buffs were a massive game changer.  But we also loved the "timing" that we had to bring into battles...this tik tok count down where if you were caught without your buffs you could  and usually did ended up cooked.  And as most of us here were only playing HC, it made for a grand , exciting, high heart beat per minute experience.  :D

I remember always casting three buffs at a time... light, rotating blades of light AND  a third, STrength of Faith... what a massive improvement of To Hit Chance, damage with the cool eerie light and of course that seemingly manga inspired Rotating Blades of Light!  It was actually so dramatic to gird up... cast, and then rush in while holding your breath...

wheeeeeeeeeeee

:lol:

gogo