Auto zoom in on NPCs

Every time when the player talks to an NPC for a quest or shopping, the camera zooms in onto the npc, which is very annoying. I tried the various ingame camera options, but they don't change a thing about this.

Is there any option that allows to stop that behaviour?

Edited by Cepheiden

5ab55e0609b0a_MinimumZoom.thumb.png.d712ab2e44fe5380ba8f1f4384e248bf.png

Cepheiden, try adjusting Minimum Zoom (top slider) in game play to the right until you reach your preferred distance. That should do the trick for ya.

• Like! 1

Thanks for that. It works pretty well actually.

Never thought about that, because I fiddled around with everything in the options.txt but left those numbers as they were recommended in some other thread.

42 minutes ago, Cepheiden said:

Thanks for that. It works pretty well actually.

Never thought about that, because I fiddled around with everything in the options.txt but left those numbers as they were recommended in some other thread.

Let us know if that works for you.

Yes I read that camera thread first when I set up the game.

8 hours ago, lujate said:

Let us know if that works for you.

Well I put the min zoom slider around halfway and that stopped it from zooming in on npcs. So it worked - thanks!

The only side effect is that I now get very low camera angles when I zoom in. However, since I play zoomed out 99% of the time it doesn't really matter. Probably could fix that too if I would bother to adjust those angles in the options file.