Summoner question

So I remember reading a build guide on the international forum for a skellies build. The author said the only playable aspects were the additional summon options because the extra damage nodes didn't seem to work and aschron had already gone under. 

I'm curious if that is accurate and if any of the amazing coders who have done the community patch were able to or even knew to fix these issues? Or Is it something that would have to be fixed in the hard coding that we don't have access to...

Thanks for any replies. 

• Like! 1

There's not much that's not changeable now that the code's been cracked.

The modifications "Sharp Blades" and "Spectral Shield" literally (for once) do exactly what they say: they make the Skeletons spawn with different swords and shields.  The upgraded swords have higher damage and chance for Deep Wounds.  The upgraded shields pull an additional bonus from the pool of magic-tier shield bonuses.

• Thanks! 1
24 minutes ago, Flix said:

There's not much that's not changeable now that the code's been cracked.

The modifications "Sharp Blades" and "Spectral Shield" literally (for once) do exactly what they say: they make the Skeletons spawn with different swords and shields.  The upgraded swords have higher damage and chance for Deep Wounds.  The upgraded shields pull an additional bonus from the pool of magic-tier shield bonuses.

So these mods work now? That's awesome. The guide writer said the build was a boss melter. And I like summoner builds.

19 hours ago, Veracious said:

So these mods work now? That's awesome. The guide writer said the build was a boss melter. And I like summoner builds.

Far as I know they always worked.  Even so, the additional summons are better.  A single skeleton doing slightly more damage, vs. two skeletons = double damage.  Plus they don't really die, they just fall unconscious, so who cares about an extra shield bonus?  The the sword and shield modifications are kind of meh, but not broken.

15 minutes ago, Flix said:

Far as I know they always worked.  Even so, the additional summons are better.  A single skeleton doing slightly more damage, vs. two skeletons = double damage.  Plus they don't really die, they just fall unconscious, so who cares about an extra shield bonus?  The the sword and shield modifications are kind of meh, but not broken.

Going off memory I probably misquoted the build I was referring to. It's possible he said they were lack luster instead of broken. Your info helps regardless. Thank you! 

12 hours ago, Flix said:

I guess it kind of depends on the progression of the CA level, since once it's at a high level enough the skellies will be so much higher in level than your character that they don't even fall down to the ground. :D

I've been playing with Nether Allegiance on my dual wield build with magic staves and modded it for survivability since their main point with my build is for them to be meat (bone?!) shields, and they act more as a distraction than a main killing art. So it will also fall down into how you want to use them, if it's a more aggro approach then I agree that it should be modded differently. Still, I think there's room for usefulness in the more defensive mods. ;)