Unaccounted easter egg

4 hours ago, Androdion said:

I've found out what it seems to be an easter egg in the game that's apparently unaccounted for, and since Easter is coming I might as well put it out in the open. :D

There's a soldier in Khorum near the monolith and portal that will give you a quest called "soldiers from the past", where he sends you to a priest to recite some words and get help from some "special troops" since the Humans are being annihilated by three different forces. I've found that speech a bit familiar to be honest, but I didn't care that much. But when I got to the priest and got the second part of the dialogue he basically told me that I had to get to an old fortress and recite an incantation to summon a sheik that had been cursed, cursed for being summoned into battle in aid of others and having failed to show up, so he and his troops were cursed. Now if this isn't a direct reference to LOTR's The Return of the King and the undead army that Aragorn retrieves to defend Gondor then I don't know what is! You even get to summon an undead king (sheik) so to speak, so this pretty much feels like another piece of mainstream which was purposely placed in the game.

What do you guys think about this?

The Quest "Soldiers From The Past" does sound like a direct parallel. However, there has been no page on the Wiki constructed for it.

• Like! 1

The parallel in story ends with the situation alone as the names of the characters do not share any similarity. I remain unconvinced that it's worthy of being considered to stand well enough as a true Easter Egg. Perhaps with a proper page in the wiki the answer would reveal itself a bit more clearly. ;)

Im thinking this could be an Easter Egg perhaps because of the game being rife with other easter eggs from lord of the rings? With this kind of context I agree with Hooyah that the actions do match.  

As well, just mentionned this to  Schot, he was a good Easter Egg hunter in days of old and he agrees that we have a decent sounding probability. Androdion, how aboutyou put a  a mention in the lord of the rings easter eggs page already in the Wiki ?  

you guys good with this?

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Lord_of_the_Rings

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

I've left a note stating the similarities, nothing too fancy. I agree that the remaining parts of the chain quest have nothing to do with LOTR, but that dialogue was really really taking me back to the events on the third movie. ;)

3 hours ago, Androdion said:

I've left a note stating the similarities, nothing too fancy. I agree that the remaining parts of the chain quest have nothing to do with LOTR, but that dialogue was really really taking me back to the events on the third movie. ;)

That's perfect Androdion! This a fan game...just reading about you excited you were to recognize even that much and give it some context means it will have value for the fans... Easter Eggs are in this game's DNA...

Congratz on the find!

:bounce:

gogo