Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

20 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Let's see... 139_bg_highelves_day5.ogg ~0:55 - 1:26. The whistling?:)

The whisteling ;)

By the way: could you give a name of the artist? Are there any CDs outthere? As I said, it''s not that I don't like it at all. I just don't like it in the game.

I'm not completely sure if this issue is related to the Addendum or not, but since I'm playing with it, I suppose it may be related.

The problem is that the Game Client continues to crash when I'm about to fight Carnach.

Just a moment ago, it crashed when I was about to fight Carnach, and a few minutes ago, it crashed just as Carnach was coming to attack me.

Could you look into this matter and see if there's anything wrong with the Addendum? I wonder what's causing this...

P.S. I'm not sure if other characters will face this issue as well, and I'm not so sure if this matters, but I think this character was made with CM Patch 160,

before the Addendum was released.

Edited by mewkang
to add more content
4 hours ago, mewkang said:

The problem is that the Game Client continues to crash when I'm about to fight Carnach.

Could you, please, post your savegame? It's in C:\Users\"your username"\Saved Games\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2 folder. The sacred2save file.

[EDIT] The only thing I've noticed about Carnach, for now, is that it's minions were not healing him, as they were supposed to - should be fixed in the latest hotfix(as of 12.04.18).

Edited by dimitrius154
46 minutes ago, mewkang said:

I'll also use the latest hotfix and see if that changes things

I've updated the hotfix and the main archive yet again. This time this CTD won't happen.

The reason for it was a faulty instruction in sacred2.exe that's been around since 1.60 beta, but required a Dryad to encounter the Carnach to be triggered.

Cute, seems no one has played a Dryad extensively since then.

11 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

I've updated the hotfix and the main archive yet again. This time this CTD won't happen.

The reason for it was a faulty instruction in sacred2.exe that's been around since 1.60 beta, but required a Dryad to encounter the Carnach to be triggered.

Cute, seems no one has played a Dryad extensively since then.

Does this mean that every Dryad build with CM 1.60 will crash at the Carnach, each and every time?

So I picked up a blank Dryad and went LAN->Free Play, suited up and travelled to the Carnach's lair and beat him to the ground, four times in a row. No crashes, no hiccups and no weird stuff happening. His minion elementals do heal him as usual and I've tried running around him and making the fight longer, see him cast spells and all of that but nothing unusual happened. Seems fine on my end.

• Thanks! 1
7 hours ago, Androdion said:

No crashes, no hiccups and no weird stuff happening.

That's Win7 x64. Meaning that OS has no allergy to the incorrect file pointer of the faulty instruction. Insdtances of CTDs have been observed on Win10 x64 so far.

7 hours ago, Androdion said:

His minion elementals do heal him as usual

EE Edition? Then Ben has already replaced the stock AI of the minions: "Enemy_fire_elemental" -> "Enemy_fire_elemental_boss"

Edited by dimitrius154

I don't know why this is happening, and I'm not sure if it's related to the Addendum or not,

but there are times when the Game Server stops responding and closes. The game then returns to the title screen.

Here is the screenshot with the error message, in case this helps. 

sacred2 2018-04-14 19-07-09-17.jpg

3 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

That's Win7 x64. Meaning that OS has no allergy to the incorrect file pointer of the faulty instruction. Insdtances of CTDs have been observed on Win10 x64 so far.

EE Edition? Then Ben has already replaced the stock AI of the minions: "Enemy_fire_elemental" -> "Enemy_fire_elemental_boss"

Well I can't test with an OS I don't have, but anyone with a Win 10 x64 system can grab a Dryad from this file and repeat my procedure. Suit up the Detheya set, buy a weapon and some fire relics on Start Island, pick up some skills and have a go at it. The teleport even leaves you at the island where you talk to Merkil so you it's just enter the cave, turn right and then left and it's straight ahead.

As for your second question, nope, I'm playing Sacred 2 Gold with only CM 1.60 on top of it. The Carnach still leeches life as usual from the fire elementals he summons after he goes below a certain HP threshold. Now if what you meant by healing is the elementals casting a healing spell on the Carnach then no they don't do that. But then again they never did as far as I can remember.

24 minutes ago, mewkang said:

Game Server stops responding and closes.

There should be error entries in the "Windows Event Log"->"Applications" regarding the s2gs.exe, or perhaps s2logic.dll. Would you, please, post such an entry?

3 minutes ago, Androdion said:

The Carnach still leeches life as usual from the fire elementals he summons after he goes below a certain HP threshold.

Interesting. Well, if the AI change introduced is detrimental, it can always be reverted - there's no lasting effect from such tweaks.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-04-14T10:06:51.623461800Z" />

<EventRecordID>16694</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-2GV9H4V</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>s2gs.exe</Data>

<Data>2.65.1.0</Data>

<Data>4adf82d7</Data>

<Data>s2core.dll</Data>

<Data>2.65.2.0</Data>

<Data>4b27a297</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>000a11b3</Data>

<Data>9ebc</Data>

<Data>01d3d3d5065c5083</Data>

<Data>E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\s2gs.exe</Data>

<Data>E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\s2core.dll</Data>

<Data>a63708d0-cb36-43ad-b2c7-6dc0cb2ec6dc</Data>

<Data />

<Data />

</EventData>

</Event>

OR

s2gs.exe

4adf82d7

s2core.dll

4b27a297

c0000005

000a11b3

9ebc

01d3d3d5065c5083

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\s2gs.exe

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\s2core.dll

a63708d0-cb36-43ad-b2c7-6dc0cb2ec6dc

Is this it...? Others are in my native language, so...

Edited by mewkang
7 minutes ago, mewkang said:

Is this it...?

Sort of. Some kind of an incorrect call to the GetPosition function. Is there any game situation, where you are able to reliably reproduce the error, or is it completely random?

I think this problem may have to do with Inquisitor's Force Disturbance combat art, but I'm not completely sure. Most recently, the game crashed while I was fighting against the Lich and his minions

in the Old Naval Port in Thylysium. I was using Clustering Singularity+Force Disturbance+Levin Array combo and I also used the potion of undead death to deal with them faster.

However, I think I'll have to give the game a try again before getting back to you...

I tried the Lich quest again (with GOG version, in case that matters) and managed to complete the quest without any problem.

It may be that this problem is caused at random although I'm not too sure. I'll report back once I encounter this issue again.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured