Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

3 hours ago, mewkang said:

Clustering Singularity+Force Disturbance+Levin Array

Tried using the same combo - never had any trouble. Those CTDs you've encountered may have been caused by some very specific glitch within a current OS session.

Is it normal for Sinister Pact mod to still exist for Shadow Veil in the Addendum? Because I thought it was no longer possible to change Shadow Veil into a buff,

and yet I see its presence in my game. 

Never mind. Apparently Sinister Pact mod still exists, but it no longer turns Shadow Veil into a buff.

Is it normal for Death Magic aspect to have Death Magic Focus and Tactics Lore for its mod points?

Because I think it's kind of odd to not get any mod points for raising Death Magic Lore like we used to do in the base game.

sacred2 2018-04-15 09-52-57-38.jpg

Edited by mewkang
5 hours ago, mewkang said:

Is it normal for Death Magic aspect to have Death Magic Focus and Tactics Lore for its mod points?

Aspect Lores now affect only spell-based CAs. Spell-based CAs from aspects, that don't have the aspect Lore, are affected by Spellcraft Lore. All weapon-based CAs are affected by Tactics Lore. 

This change was introduced to standardize the division between spell- and weapon-based CAs. It also allows to get rid of murkiness in aspect Lore and Tactics Lore skill descriptions, especially Tactics Lore.

38 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Aspect Lores now affect only spell-based CAs. Spell-based CAs from aspects, that don't have the aspect Lore, are affected by Spellcraft Lore. All weapon-based CAs are affected by Tactics Lore. 

This change was introduced to standardize the division between spell- and weapon-based CAs. It also allows to get rid of murkiness in aspect Lore and Tactics Lore skill descriptions, especially Tactics Lore.

While I think this somewhat confusing, I suppose I could get used to this while playing the Addendum. Still, it was kind of strange to see how my Malevolent Shadow Warrior got mod points for Death Magic

even though he had no Death Magic Focus. Oh, well.

38 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Indeed. The original buff modification, along with two others in succession, was 1. a no-brainer and 2. an assured god-mode.

By the way, shouldn't it be possible to change the description of Sinister Pact like you did with Essence Projection and other combat arts so that it no longer says Shadow Veil's effects will be permanent?

Because I think it may confuse people the way it is now.

• Thanks! 1

I think Endijian's Relics is bugged to have Timelss Overwatch Focus as its bonus skill even though I think that focus seems to be related to Temple Guardians. 

Below is the screenshot of Endijian's Relics that I got yesterday.

5adbcd38bed60_sacred22018-04-2122-14-02-01.jpg.80170a3764a5f8b009f91631d3da5d4d.jpg

• Thanks! 1
8 hours ago, mewkang said:

I think Endijian's Relics is bugged to have Timelss Overwatch Focus as its bonus skill even though I think that focus seems to be related to Temple Guardians. 

This entry comes from the base item classification bonus. Hmm, supposedly, the "usagebits" parameter should have been checked, so as to choose the proper skill.

Does the item retain the incorrect bonus after a game reload? 

Ok, so it was yet another original game programming oversight, that's now(hopefully) corrected:

Item classification bonus assignment procedure was ignoring the "usagebits" subentry of the bonus in question. Therefore, characters could potentially receive items with boni to skills and properties, that they were incapable of utilizing. The fix is retroactive. Both the main archive and the hotfix have been updated. 

Edited by dimitrius154

I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this issue with the latest version of Addendum, but in the character selection screen, Inquisitors have their skin glow somehow.

I haven't actually checked them in-game to see how this affects game performance yet, but I think it's still weird to see them have glowing skin.

I'll attach my save file of one of the Inqusitors in case that helps.

By the way, is "Unable to connect to network (64)" error related to Addendum, or is it simply related to the vanilla game? Because there are times when I get this error message

after starting the game for whatever reason... I'll start a new topic about this if this isn't related to Addendum.

hero09.sacred2save

error 64.jpg

Edited by mewkang
2 hours ago, mewkang said:

in the character selection screen, Inquisitors have their skin glow somehow.

That means, you're using some of the script files from the Extra folder of the Addendum, but not the entire folder contents.

Edited by dimitrius154
18 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

The only way he'd glow as described is, if an incorrect surface.txt is in use.  

Would this affect the game in any way? Or would it be okay as it is? I wonder why I'd have an incorrect surface.txt...

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured