Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

Depending on several conditions, a CTD is invoked.

I see... and is this when I'm playing with non-Inquisitor as well? Because I didn't experience any CTD's yesterday while playing as a Dryad... But I guess I may have been just lucky.

I reinstalled the CM Patch and the Addendum, but unfortunately, the glowing Inquisitor problem is still present.

As expected, this one is from the "Extra" folder and  the "inquisitor_u" surface has a SURFACE_FLAG_TENERGY flag. But the fault is mine: it appears, that some time ago I've erroneously placed some script files. Both the main archive and the hotfix have been updated. It should be enough to use the hotfix.

• Thanks! 1

I downloaded the Addendum and the Hotfix to reinstall them using the GME, but the game is really laggy for some reason. Is there a problem with the new Hotfix or something...?

I'll try downloading the Addendum and Hotfix again before posting back here.

Edited by mewkang

I tried again but the lag was still there. Maybe because the graphic driver keeps failing to update for some reason?

I used GeForce Experience to update it but then after all the waiting and rebooting, the option to express install the new graphic driver is still there...

Unfortunately, at this point I'm not sure if I updated the driver before reinstalling the Addendum or not... But since the driver keeps asking to be updated, maybe I've updated the driver

before reinstalling the Addendum?

Anyway, other games are acting weird as well.

Edited by mewkang

I've gone back to the previous driver and another game is working alright, but then Sacred 2 Gold isn't for some reason. I'll try to make it work, though.

Alright, every game seems to be working well now. That means no glowing Inquisitor, for one thing.

Edited by mewkang
20 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

This mod resides in the Extra folder. It can be enabled through GME, or by copy-paste from the Extra folder into the game directory.

Thx.

But isn't it too cheaty, I mean "20 skill picks, and 6 modifications per CA" stuff? Has the game difficulty in this patch been balanced for such character boost?

And what type of damage are new CA's, for example - Death Salute - is it Tactics Lore or Spellcraft Lore based?

1 minute ago, banner20 said:

But isn't it too cheaty

Judging from the field experience  - no. You have to reach a certain level to get those extra skills, after all, and be copious enough to save those skill points needed to make use of extra skills.

3 minutes ago, banner20 said:

Death Salute

Astral Lore based. Essentially, a life-leeching, debilitating nova.

Just now, dimitrius154 said:

Astral Lore based.

Yeah, but I mean which secondary damage booster it is influenced by? Tactics or Spellcraft?

If Tactics or nothing - then what for is Spellcraft Lore is needed in Shadow Warrior skill grid? All other damaging CA's seem to be definitely Tactics-based.

1 minute ago, banner20 said:

Yeah, but I mean which secondary damage booster it is influenced by? Tactics or Spellcraft?

If Tactics or nothing - then what for is Spellcraft Lore is needed in Shadow Warrior skill grid? All other damaging CA's seem to be definitely Tactics-based.

Spellcraft. It's a spell, affected by Intensity and Spell Resistance. All spells are. Tactics Lore affects those CA, where it's listed as a lore skill in spells.txt, there's no code-wise dependency.

I have some things to report about the Addendum.

The first problem has to do with portal messages. I just tested with a recently made character, and the portal somehow wrongly said "Due to excessive illegal activities..."

even though I've created this character on Silver difficulty only recently. I know this is a minor issue since the portals can still be used freely even with that message,

but could you look into this, by any chance?

Another problem is related to mod points, and I don't know why this happened but my new BFG Seraphim was somehow able to get 4 mod points in Exalted Warrior Aspect

while having put only 7 points in Tactics Lore and not having learned Exalted Warrior Focus.

I wonder if this happened because of the BFG's Tactics Lore bonus or what... 

Edited by mewkang
6 hours ago, mewkang said:

while having put only 7 points in Tactics Lore and not having learned Exalted Warrior Focus.

All of the Seraphim 1st aspect CAs have Tactics Lore as a lore skill. Due to how the modification points available calculation formula, putting 7 points in Tactics well results in the bonus received.

6 hours ago, mewkang said:

"Due to excessive illegal activities..."

The game has several anti-cheat functions built in. They measure attribute growth, skill increase, etc. It also seems like, that, despite Silver being available for new characters, the guy coding anti-cheats did not believe one could honestly play Silver without completing Bronze first.

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

It also seems like, that, despite Silver being available for new characters, the guy coding anti-cheats did not believe one could honestly play Silver without completing Bronze first.

"Due to excessive illegal activities..." I've never had this message with any of my chars personnaly while always starting in Silver. I don't know for cm0160hf as I did not enough played with it (only one char in desert actually).

On 2018. 4. 29. at 5:21 PM, dimitrius154 said:

All of the Seraphim 1st aspect CAs have Tactics Lore as a lore skill. Due to how the modification points available calculation formula, putting 7 points in Tactics well results in the bonus received.

The game has several anti-cheat functions built in. They measure attribute growth, skill increase, etc. It also seems like, that, despite Silver being available for new characters, the guy coding anti-cheats did not believe one could honestly play Silver without completing Bronze first.

I see. Still, it's kind of weird how some characters do not have any problem with the portal messages while others do have a problem. Oh, well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018. 4. 29. at 6:27 PM, desm said:

"Due to excessive illegal activities..." I've never had this message with any of my chars personnaly while always starting in Silver. I don't know for cm0160hf as I did not enough played with it (only one char in desert actually).

I think this message is displayed only in dimitrius's Addendum mod and not in cm0160hf. 

Edited by mewkang
  • The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured