Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

Does uninstalling the Addendum using GME cause any problems by any chance? Because I've just uninstalled the Addendum,

but when I ran the game there were a bunch of missing fonts...

I had no idea that this would happen. I wonder if reinstalling and uninstalling the Addendum would help out here...

Edit: Reinstalling the Addendum returned the game to normal while uninstalling the Addendum again put the game back to its weird state again.

I think there was something like "EMPTY LOKA-ID" when I pressed the exit button.

Edited by mewkang

No, I haven't. Should I have done that after uninstalling the Addendum?

I've decided to continue using the Addendum, so... (But I'll try that, anyway.)

Edit: I put options.txt into Recycling Bin after uninstalling the Addendum and started the game again but then the problem was still there somehow.

Edited by mewkang

Hmm, there's also a game temporary folder in the %USERPROFILE%\TEMP Might be worth trying to clean that one up. Otherwise, no clue. "EMPTY-LOKAID" should only pop-up, if no appropriate string had not been found in global.res, actually.

Edited by dimitrius154

Strange that that should be the case... I wonder why this is happening...?

Anyway, I'm reinstalling Sacred 2 Gold on Steam right now. Hopefully this can fix the problem.

Edit: Reinstalling did fix the problem, but I'm going to install the Addendum again.

Edited by mewkang

Greetings.

Any chance for fixing bad animations transitions introduced by patch 1.60? they just look soooo bad now :/  I wish we could have an option to restore vanilla ones even if they have some other timing problems.

this explains more about that:

I've replaced s2logic.dll from CM 1.50 and bad animations are still there:/ please this needs more attention :sob:

8 hours ago, twojastara said:

Any chance for fixing bad animations transitions

No, that item is not being entertained. In a choice between fast(0.15 sec) transitions versus projectile firing and cloth movement desync the former has been chosen.

The s2logic.dll contains only part of the procedure, the second part is in s2render.dll. You'll have to replace both. That does, of course, annul most of the code fixes, as well as introduces instability.

Edited by dimitrius154
14 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

No, that item is not being entertained. In a choice between fast(0.15 sec) transitions versus projectile firing and cloth movement desync the former has been chosen.

The s2logic.dll contains only part of the procedure, the second part is in s2render.dll. You'll have to replace both. That does, of course, annul most of the code fixes, as well as introduces instability.

Can we have optional dll's with CMP stability fixes and vanilla projectile/cloth desync for Addendum mod? I personally find those problems less annoying than bad animation transitions, it would be a nice thing to have in "Extras" folder.

Not sure if this is a CM Patch only bug or not, but there are times when I would meet with an additional NPC on the Start Isle when doing the Ancaria Airlines quest.

The last time I saw this NPC, he was a Runemaster, but this time he happens to be a captain. When I clicked him, I got a portal to somewhere odd,

which seems to be related to the latter part of the Main Quest.

Could you look into this?

sacred2 2018-07-04 14-43-50-28.jpg

sacred2 2018-07-04 14-44-03-13.jpg

Edited by mewkang
6 hours ago, mewkang said:

Could you look into this?

"It's not a bug, it's a feature"(tm)

Some CM Patch iteration ago the devs decided to introduce "Brian Dunkleman", a unique NPC, taking on a random role(trader, mount-trader, shipmaster, jeweler, runemaster) and appearing at various locations ingame. He is a reference to some well-known American traveling salesman, if I'm not mistaken.

By the way, I think there are times when Raving Thrust (Force Disturbance in the Addendum) causes crashes.

At least, on my computer, it seems to cause a problem by having a Connection Lost (10) or some such problem.

I once thought that this had to do with Raving Thrust being used against ghosts because I once fought in a ghost-heavy area with Clustering+Raving+Levin combo,

but this time it was different because the crash occurred at the Brigand Cave (related to a quest and located near Happy Cow Farm, I believe).

I wonder if it's just my computer experiencing this...

Edited by mewkang

OK, but then some of it's in Korean, so I'm not sure how much help this can be... I'll copy and paste it anyway.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-07-05T07:36:55.944973900Z" />

<EventRecordID>8206</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-2GV9H4V</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>2048934926</Data>

<Data>1</Data>

<Data>APPCRASH</Data>

<Data>사용할 수 없음</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>s2gs.exe</Data>

<Data>2.65.1.0</Data>

<Data>4adf82d7</Data>

<Data>s2core.dll</Data>

<Data>2.65.2.0</Data>

<Data>4b27a297</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>000a11b3</Data>

<Data />

<Data />

<Data>\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9F5D.tmp.mdmp \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA077.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA0A7.tmp.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA0B5.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA0E5.tmp.txt</Data>

<Data>C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_s2gs.exe_bdc24d31140ec70227913b25b1fa51932d321c_10863323_5f81ae80</Data>

<Data />

<Data>0</Data>

<Data>b45170ae-bbbe-4333-851b-a1bca36d4033</Data>

<Data>2147487744</Data>

<Data>299994d7e715dfd3f186da258949dd70</Data>

<Data>0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

OK, so I replaced Levin Array with Eruptive Desecration and fought indoors using the Clustering+Raving+Eruptive combo and things seemed to be going well until I got a loading screen

and then a crash to the main screen... Maybe the third CA is the problem...?

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured