Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

...Well, I managed to clear out the same cave without crashing this time. I guess the order of the CA's was the problem, then? Too bad Clustering+Raving+Levin crashes the game sometimes...

I'm not sure about it crashing since I haven't really tried using that combo much before, since I remember Raving Thrust damaging friendlies when used in a combo.

But then two of the caster Inquisitor guides here on DarkMatters do mention this combo, so maybe not...?

(But then I vaguely seem to remember crashing with this combo when I was fighting the boar riders or some such monsters...

At that time I assumed that the game crashed because of the way Raving Thrust/Clustering Maelstrom causes riding monsters to explode when killed.)

P.S. The two of the guides that I mentioned are one by Dobri and one by Dragon Brother. I wonder if this combo used to work back in the past?

Edited by mewkang
  • The topic was pinned

I've been combing through behaviour.txt today to see where the magic is regarding the new boss behavior. 

I'm a little worried there's a recurring typo in that file where "fearsibility" is written instead of "feasibility".  Don't know if it's intentional or perhaps just harmless, but I thought I should bring it to your attention.

Another anomaly:

["itemType"] = 970,
    ["base"] = "models/npc/monsters/drache/v_drache",

This creature seems to have duplicate numbered entries.  It shows entries 1-21, then proceeds with 12-22.

• Thanks! 1
On ‎24‎.‎07‎.‎2018 at 11:58 PM, Flix said:

where "fearsibility" is written instead of "feasibility".

I used to think it was a typo. "Fearsibility" is, in fact, Ascaron devs' term for being fear-prone. The value determines the creature's susceptibility to running away in fear.

On ‎25‎.‎07‎.‎2018 at 0:14 AM, Flix said:

This creature seems to have duplicate numbered entries.

Indeed, an oversight. I've just updated the main archive and the hotfix.

4 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

used to think it was a typo. "Fearsibility" is, in fact, Ascaron devs' term for being fear-prone. The value determines the creature's susceptibility to running away in fear.

Oh yeah, it even says so in the comments at the top of the file.  Two different values.

Couple questions, modder to modder:

spez = "DMG_MAX", was added to the bonuses "wb_dstl_amount_effectdam", and "wb_dstm_chance_effectdam", .  What's the effect of this?

On 5/27/2018 at 4:49 PM, dimitrius154 said:

Blueprint.txt contained some weird changes to relic bonus property selection, incorrect usagebits "65531" instead of proper "65535", rendering relics unable to be spawned with enhanced perception, or bargaining. This situation has been present since the early stages of the CM Patch 1.60 development, I believe. Anyway, it's fixed now.

This was bugging me so I checked vanilla Ice and Blood scripts.  They use usagebits = 65531, for "sb_addskill_IND_perception" and "sb_addskill_IND_trader".  If this is a bug it's always been present?

4 hours ago, Flix said:

What's the effect of this?

The "DMG_MAX" means, IMHO, "any damage". Judging from the calling function, the previously empty "spez" parameter implied "INVALID". Therefore, I'm not sure "wb_dstl_amount_effectdam", and "wb_dstm_chance_effectdam" were even working before.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

If this is a bug it's always been present?

Yep. 

That "usagebits" parameter is a mask, determining, whether a property can be attached to the item being spawned. I've not researched the upper byte, but the lower one controls hero type applicability:

1111111110100000 - Temple Guardian = 65440
1111111110000001 - Seraphim = 65409
1111111110000100 - Shadow Warrior = 65412
1111111111000000 - Dragon Mage = 65472
1111111110001000 - Inquisitor = 65416
1111111110000010 - Dryad = 65410
1111111110010000 - High Elf = 65424

1111111111111111 - Everyone = 65535

The 65531 means 1111111111111011, "Everyone, but Shadow Warrior". It made sense for vanilla SW in the "sb_addskill_IND_trader", but not "sb_addskill_IND_perception".

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Thanks! 1

One thing I have noticed, I don't know if this addendum takes this into account: when you pick up runes for combat arts, and similar ones stack, as the CM patch allowed them to do, you cannot trade in stacked runes to swap out for different runes you might need for your character. I don't know if there is a way to break up stacks once they build up, but for trading them out, this isn't currently possible that I have seen. Just an FYI in case anyone missed it.

Is there any way one can change Zealous Doppelganger to a buff even while using the Addendum? I know this may be a cheat,

but I preferred the Doppelganger as a buff in the original CM Patch, so I'm just asking in case there's a way...

What file would I need to modify? Spells.txt? Would it be difficult to modify?

P.S. By the way, it seems that if you've already turned Zealous Doppelganger into a buff in the CM Patch and then install the Addendum, the Combat Art continues to be a buff.

I just found out about this after playing as my caster Inquisitor.

Edited by mewkang

I'm not sure if this issue is related to the Addendum or not, but my game is suddenly refusing to work. 

When I'm lucky, I get Unable to connect to network (64) error after selecting my character and seeing the loading screen,

and when I'm unlucky, I don't even get to see the loading screen; the game just stops working and it shuts itself after a while. 

I've added the error message screenshot in case this helps...

P.S. I'll try to play the game again by uninstalling the Addendum. (Edit: Apparently this issue has nothing to do with the Addendum, since I had the same issue

with just the CM patch.)

* Edit#2 - For some reason, this issue is occurring with Single Player.

sacred2 2018-07-28 20-53-52-85.jpg

Edited by mewkang

I would recommend a fresh install of the game and the Community Patch 160. If you have saved character files you may add them before you launch the game anew with your game progress intact after having placed the save files in the proper folder. It is possible that the original game files had mods added or been altered in some other way before you installed the addendum which is a likely reason for the glitch.

• Like! 1
9 hours ago, mewkang said:

What file would I need to modify? Spells.txt? Would it be difficult to modify?

Yes, this one. You need to add the "et_boost_to_buff" property to the "in_po_doppelgaenger" spell.

4 hours ago, mewkang said:

When I'm lucky, I get Unable to connect to network (64) error after selecting my character and seeing the loading screen,

and when I'm unlucky, I don't even get to see the loading screen; the game just stops working and it shuts itself after a while. 

The game reacts poorly to badly doctored characters(it rarely corrupts characters on it's own, so backups are a prudent measure), right from the game type selection screen. Perhaps, that's the case here...

• Like! 1

Thank you both for your answers. I'll try both of your advice.

Edit: Apparently using backup saves worked! When I reverted back to the backups and loaded these saves, the game continued to work as before.

It also worked when using other characters, so I suppose the problem's been fixed now. 

Edited by mewkang

5b5d28395fd79_sacred22018-07-2911-31-43-49.jpg.d7f2d577d1b9c0460155f95c3f60104a.jpg

I think there's a minor problem with the Addendum in that it displays the Dragon Mage's Aspect Combat Art boosting options in blue for non-Dragon Mage characters when it should be displayed in red.

For example, I just found out about this issue by checking the Runemaster while playing as my Shadow Warrior. For some reason, Dragon Magic Aspect Combat Arts bonus is displayed in blue for

my Shadow Warrior while another item had Mentalism Aspect Combat Arts bonus in blue. I hope you can look into this.

5 hours ago, mewkang said:

checking the Runemaster while playing as my Shadow Warrior.

Could you, please, post that save along with the amulet? Since it's a rare tier one, the property in question shouldn't even spawn on it for SW...

Edited by dimitrius154

I just bought such an amulet after some searching around merchants, and here is my save file. Hopefully he will have the amulet in his inventory...

By the way, I wonder if this is caused because I have TraderOfferUpperRareBase set as 26 in balance.txt? Or is this something else? Because while checking the vendors, I saw how other non-class

aspects were displayed in red. (For example, Cabalistic Voodoo aspect, I believe.)

hero46.sacred2save

Edited by mewkang

Well, turns out it was another vanilla oversight: they've forgotten to update the item property display function to account for the Dragon Mage Aspects. Updated the main archive and the hotfix. 

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Thanks! 1

FYI the basedonskill = "skill_wizzardstaff_mastery", doesn't seem to work for locking bonuses.  The bonuses appear, they're just not locked without the skill - same as when I had it spelled with one 'z'.   In my mod I'm just going to add level requirements and change the line to the regular "skill_wizzardstaff_lore". 

Did you change something in the code to allow the mastery version to work?

1 hour ago, Flix said:

The bonuses appear, they're just not locked without the skill

Interesting. They may display in the item tooltip, but do they actually apply?

[EDIT] Guess they do. The getSkillFromChar function. They've defined a set amount of skill and mastery names:mad:. The rest don't work as conditions. Lovely - I mean, really, high-five programming logic. I'll see if I can expand the set.

[EDIT] Hmm, "skill_fistweapon_mastery". Since there're no actual fist weapons...

[EDIT] Updated the main archive and the hotfix. Basedonskill = "skill_wizzardstaff_mastery" should work now.

Edited by dimitrius154
On 4/1/2018 at 0:43 AM, dimitrius154 said:

1. Various NPCs have had their equipment corrected.

Just an observation on this.  In at least one instance you've given equipment to enemies that should not have it:

z7wqYiu.jpg

In my mod I'm going to keep the vanilla creatureinfo entry for this monster, and instead just remove the equipset from the creatures.txt entry, which was the real bug (had no business being there).  I haven't had a chance to test any others, but you may want to double check the other recent equipslot changes in creatureinfo.txt. 

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured