Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

3 minutes ago, Flix said:

Each aspect got a focus and lore skill

Ahem, no. Those spell-based CA's come from Aspects that never received the appropriate lore skills, and for some reason were assigned "Tactics Lore"(dealing with weapon-based damage) instead of "Ancient Magic"(dealing with spell-based damage).

18 minutes ago, Flix said:

Everyone understood it, everyone knew what to expect.  All the documentation and game guides accounted for this.

There's always a danger of damaging the game balance in case of extensive changes. At least it should not be detrimental to the gameplay, unlike nerfing Whirlwind and resistance piercing modifiers back in Diablo II.

Edited by dimitrius154
1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

...for some reason were assigned "Tactics Lore"...

Because that was the aspect lore skill for those aspects.  And Ancient Magic was not supposed to be the aspect lore skill for any aspect, it was supposed to be an additional skill that boosted damage for spell-based combat arts, which it did appropriately.

1 minute ago, Flix said:

Because that was the aspect lore skill for those aspects.

Not really. Tactics Lore is explicitly described as a skill, that increases damage output for weapon-based CAs, regardless of aspect. Just like Ancient Magic as a skill, that increases damage output for spell-based CAs, regardless of aspect. The devs were "optimizing" things, because most CAs of several aspects were weapon-based.

Fair enough.  I'm not saying it can't be reasoned out, I'm just saying it undermines the idea of aspects to diversify the skills like that.

If I were building the system from the ground up, every single aspect would have a unique aspect lore skill named after it, just like the focus skills.  Tactics Lore and Ancient Magic would be remain "extra" skills that contribute damage but otherwise not tied to the aspects.  Alas...

Would you be willing to upload the pseudo-code listings that Pesmontis shared a while back?  I can't seem to find them in my emails.

19 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Welp there goes any hope of doing this myself.  I can't imagine how many months of studying C programming language I'd need to know what the heck I was looking at there.

One more question before I shuffle on... what work is s2gs.exe doing in the Addendum?

14 minutes ago, Flix said:

what work is s2gs.exe doing in the Addendum?

Since the optimized s2gs.exe(with Securom nonsense cut out) from the GOG version was never included into the CM Patch 1.60 installer, it was logical to add it to the Addendum.

7 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Since the optimized s2gs.exe(with Securom nonsense cut out) from the GOG version was never included into the CM Patch 1.60 installer, it was logical to add it to the Addendum.

What does that mean? I am running (or at least I think I am) the optimized GOG version w/CM 1.60 installed.  For some reason, the CM patch would not install over either the Steam or GOG Galaxy versions of the game. Only the "offline" GOG version..

Edited by CapnTucker
4 hours ago, CapnTucker said:

I am running (or at least I think I am) the optimized GOG version w/CM 1.60 installed

Can't be certain. The GOG s2gs.exe's header had to be updated with the (allow >2 Gb memory) flag. The modification date on mine is 23.12.2017.

First about installation. I just need to throw it all to the Sacred 2 directory first main part and then hotfix. Then if I want to use extra features I just need to take files from Extra folder and put them in Sacred 2 directory yes? 

Second question is about additional skills and CA number from extra mod part. Does it affect all characters or only Shadow Warrior and Inquisitor? 

Third. Can I install only additional skills and CA number part of extra mod without Shadow Warrior and Inquisitor reworking? If yes then which files I need to copy? 

Fourth. How can I modify some files (probably balance.txt) to get two times more skill points per level. I want to do some uber lazy chilled out overpowered characters for fun in single player.

1 hour ago, Watchmaker said:

I just need to throw it all to the Sacred 2 directory first main part and then hotfix. 

Stock CM Patch 1.60 should be installed first. The main Addendum archive is pasted afterwards. The hotfix is to be used, if the Addendum is already installed(the hotfix is supplied to spare folks from redownloading the entire main archive). 

Then if I want to use extra features I just need to take files from Extra folder and put them in Sacred 2 directory yes? 

That's correct.

Does it affect all characters or only Shadow Warrior and Inquisitor? 

Every character is affected.

Can I install only additional skills and CA number part of extra mod without Shadow Warrior and Inquisitor reworking?

Almost, but the text description dependency will make this a lame experience. Also, not doable by simple file replacement.

How can I modify some files (probably balance.txt) to get two times more skill points per level.

Skill gain progression is hardcoded.

• Thanks! 1

Thank You kindly ;) No worries about skill gain. I assume that Sacred 2 character editor will work without issues witch Extra mod? If not there is always Cheat Engine. As for additional skill slots there is no easy way for me to edit at what level I will gain them? BTW at what levels I will gain them by default?

On 7/26/2018 at 11:41 PM, dimitrius154 said:

That "usagebits" parameter is a mask, determining, whether a property can be attached to the item being spawned. I've not researched the upper byte, but the lower one controls hero type applicability:

1111111110100000 - Temple Guardian = 65440
1111111110000001 - Seraphim = 65409
1111111110000100 - Shadow Warrior = 65412
1111111111000000 - Dragon Mage = 65472
1111111110001000 - Inquisitor = 65416
1111111110000010 - Dryad = 65410
1111111110010000 - High Elf = 65424

1111111111111111 - Everyone = 65535

The 65531 means 1111111111111011, "Everyone, but Shadow Warrior". It made sense for vanilla SW in the "sb_addskill_IND_trader", but not "sb_addskill_IND_perception".

OK so if I'm understanding this system right, let's say I wanted to make a bonus spawn for High Elf and Seraphim only. 

It would be: 1111111110010001 = 65425 ?

Have you noticed there are 3 disabled bonuses that were meant to be unlocked by the Enhanced Perception skill?

They use the type = "BONUS_DROPCHANCE",

And the three spez's are:

• spez = "DRPC_ITEMS",
  • spez = "DRPC_RUNES",
  • spez = "DRPC_POTION",

Any idea if these could be functional?

Thanks. 

By the way, have you ever cracked open "NameGen.dll" in the locale folder to look for mistakes?  I feel like the random item name generation process is all kinds of screwed up.

I've been heavily investigating overhauling the item name generation for D2F and I'll give you a few examples of what I'm seeing:

• The prefix "Divine" shows up ALL THE TIME.  According to DescriptionBonus.csv it's supposed to be the prefix associated with NAME_BON_GOD_CA yet it's all over items with no bonuses to any Divine Gifts.  Likewise the suffix "of the Gods" appears on numerous items without any such bonuses appearing.
  • Prefixes from NAME_BON_HORSEMAN show up on items with no bonus to the Riding skill.
  • I'm seeing prefixes from NAME_BON_DMG_ICE showing up items with no ice damage whatsoever.

This just scratches the surface. 

Part of what I've done to more closely examine the Bonus affixes, is to disable the affixes contained in the CSV's for "Material" and "Rare" via NameGenConfig.txt.  I'm thinking that the bonuses listed in the CSV files are wrongly defined somewhere in that dll file.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

I'm thinking that the bonuses listed in the CSV files are wrongly defined somewhere in that dll file.

Nope, the NameGen.dll(Hmm, I've completely overlooked that library before, never edited it's header - that's an oversight) assigns IDs used by a table in s2logic.dll. Another faulty table. 

9 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

...a table in s2logic.dll. Another faulty table.

giphy.gif

Oh no, not that file again.  Is it fixable?  If so, is there any way you can see it in your heart to fix the D2F version of the file too (attached)?

s2logic.dll

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured