Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

22 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Yes, I've updated the package. 

Thank you.  Not only are the gems back to (D2F) normal, but I'm also able to set affix naming to 100% bonus without getting the crashing or missing affixes.  I will continue testing for a few more days to make sure.  You've done a really great thing for this mod.  

22 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

May I see the log entry?

Sorry, how do I produce those again?

On 9/29/2018 at 1:10 AM, dimitrius154 said:

Although, I'd advice changing all "normal" item rarity to 1, "magic" item rarity to 5, and "rare" item rarity to 9.

Wait, where are you advising this change?  Blueprint, balance, namegenconfig?

17 hours ago, Flix said:

Sorry, how do I produce those again?

Search the Windows Applications Log for the latest error entry regarding Sacred 2, then copy-paste.

17 hours ago, Flix said:

Wait, where are you advising this change?

Blueprint.txt. Some Magic items have rarity other than 5; some Rare items have rarity other than 9. Won't matter, since you are not planning to use rarity dependent names.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I've experienced some bugs (?) while playing the Addendum with a new character (well, not completely new because it's been a while since I've made this character, but she was made after installing the Addendum in any case),

so I thought I'd post them here.

First one is that there are items with yellow modifiers when some of them should be blue, like Dual Wield in that Hoop. I think I remember seeing a similar weirdness before, but since I was too busy

selling it off with Ctrl + LMB, I didn't notice at the time. Apparently this issue is caused quite rarely since I've hardly seen an item like this Hoop afterward, but I thought I'd let you know.

(Unfortunately, I just took a screenshot of this Hoop and did not purchase it while playing.)

If I'm not mistaken, the last time I saw this was on an Inquisitor pants item. 

Second issue is the Start Island merchant having empty screens for Weapon, Armor and Potion screens although I'm not sure why this happened exactly. It was also weird to see how the jewelry section stayed intact...

This "problem" was caused about twice while I was searching for Life Leech fists.

Third issue is a very minor one, but I thought I'd mention this since I accidentally noticed this. Anyway, the issue was that after receiving the "Strange Rituals" quest, there was nothing displayed on the information screen.

(For example, the location of the quest.)

I'm not sure if this happened with all my other characters since it's been a while that I've accepted this quest and checked it on the quest log, but maybe this is an issue with the Addendum as well? 

Anyway, I hope none of these issues are serious... 

strange.jpg

weird Hoop.jpg

empty screen.jpg

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, mewkang said:

yellow modifiers when some of them should be blue

Color depends on bonus rarity, not on bonus type. That is, boni of the same type can have different rarity, resulting in different text color.

empty screens for Weapon, Armor and Potion

That would happen, if their corresponding droplists were empty. Single , or multiple instances of that bug?

"Strange Rituals" quest

Doesn't seem to be an Addendum-specific issue to me. There's no item or monetary reward for this quest, thus the reward section is empty. 

• Thanks! 1

Ah, I did not know that color depended on bonus rarity. Thanks for letting me know.

About the second issue, it occurred twice while shopping for life leech fists although I don't think the problem happened twice in a row but separately.

And about the "Strange Rituals" quest, what I meant was that there was no display of minimap for the quest. For example, you're supposed to fight the conjurers at the stone circle or something but 

the minimap screen was shown as blank, so that's what I was wondering.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Lowgarr said:

How many more times am I going to unzip this thngs only to find more rar files

Ahem. The "Elite Textures Trimmed.rar" posted contains graphics20 - 24.zip files which are to be copy-pasted into the game's "pak" subfolder. 

• Like! 1

No problem, here are the three files to install:

The Optional Addendum Hotfix goes in last. There is an optional music file as well for Tyr Lysia.

1745338714_CM160.PNG.030aedf4e371fc2a05208f68a5f9230f.PNG

Question, cause I am a bit confused. Playing with Seraphim at the moment with Addendum patch. So, does Revered Technology Lore increase AW's damage or not with Addendum?

Edit: Also is there an easy way to remove all the new musics? Hearing that Dungeon Siege 2 Amanlu theme pretty much ruined atmosphere for me, so don't want to recognize any other musics that has been added to the game.

Edited by Seferoth
5 hours ago, Seferoth said:

So, does Revered Technology Lore increase AW's damage or not with Addendum?

No, it's a weapon-based skill, and as such is controlled by Tactics Lore.

Also is there an easy way to remove all the new musics?

Most of it is in musichq2.zip. Removing that should remove the music addon.

Hearing that Dungeon Siege 2 Amanlu theme pretty much ruined atmosphere for me, so don't want to recognize any other musics that has been added to the game.

Hmm? Never had anything against DS2. A pretty moddable game. Story? Could be less generic, but seeing what the AAA's spew out now... "Jedem seinen" I guess.

10 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

No, it's a weapon-based skill, and as such is controlled by Tactics Lore.

Most of it is in musichq2.zip. Removing that should remove the music addon.

Hmm? Never had anything against DS2. A pretty moddable game. Story? Could be less generic, but seeing what the AAA's spew out now... "Jedem seinen" I guess.

Thanks for the answers. I dont have anything against Dungeon Siege 2(actually one of my favorite games), but I have played it hundreds of hours and I really dont want to hear other games musics when im playing Sacred 2 or any other game. Hearing other games music when playing some other game always reminds me that I am playing a mod, or my brain immediately recognizes that this does not belong to the game. It's a personal problem. :)

Edit: Also, because RT Lore does not increase AW damage is it quite pointless skill now? I mean there are very few uses for it now.

Edited by Seferoth

Can you use Addendum Physx file separately from the rest of the Addendum patch? I am checking several other mods at the moment and after some testing your Physx file works best when it comes to visuals and performance(now that I finally got them working). Still I have no character to test all the effects so I am not sure if its 100% usable without rest of the Addendum patch.

21 hours ago, Seferoth said:

Can you use Addendum Physx file separately from the rest of the Addendum patch?

Mostly yes. The PhysxExt.zip contains the object behavior scripts and the world placement files. There's, however a fix regarding projectile behavior, that's code-wise.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:15 AM, Seferoth said:

Also, because RT Lore does not increase AW damage is it quite pointless skill now? I mean there are very few uses for it now.

Hmm? Flaring Nova, BFG and aspect modification points.

3 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Mostly yes. The PhysxExt.zip contains the object behavior scripts and the world placement files. There's, however a fix regarding projectile behavior, that's code-wise.

Ok, thanks. I am still getting that it is safe to use? I mean what exactly is that fix regarding projectile behavior? Aka, what am I missing if I am not using the who Addendum...physx wise that is?

5 minutes ago, Seferoth said:

I mean what exactly is that fix regarding projectile behavior?

Under certain conditions projectiles ricochet off certain obstacles and surfaces. After that they either rotate in spiral pattern, or fall to the ground in leaf-like pattern.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • 4 weeks later...

You may want to double check my work in the post linked below, but I believe the "doublehit_attack_ca" that we made for CM 1.60 is multiplying the attack damage way too much, basically making it like an extra hard hit/multi-hit attack where there should just be a standard-damage double hit.

• Thanks! 1

Hi, first of all id like to thank dimitrius154 for all his hard work on this addendum to the CM. I really appreciate the work that must have gone into this.

I am wondering is there a way to get the blacksmith arts for bronze slots - the ones that were whet, anneal etc. before the addendum back? As I'm not keen on these new blacksmith arts, if anyone knows what would be great.

I always felt the whet, anneal etc. arts were actually pretty good and sometimes id even use them in a silver slot unless I had a really great ring lying around, especially whet, some characters have trouble getting their attack value high enough so whet sorted it.

Same if you were too squishy at the time you'd just use the blacksmith art that gives armour or if your regen times weren't up to speed you'd use the one that lowers regen time, I thought they were good to cover your short falls like that.

I can live without nice effects from the random list such as chance to find valuables and disregard armour if my main stats like armour, regen times, and attack value are high enough, that's why if possible it would be good to get the original blacksmith arts back.

Edited by KerrodWilloughby
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:25 PM, KerrodWilloughby said:

that's why if possible it would be good to get the original blacksmith arts back.

The blacksmith arts property selection is not hardcoded and can be edited according to personal preference. Of course, you'll have to invest time into modding.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured