Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

There's a final(sans bug-stomping) change I'm mulling:

There's the issue of mount equipment. Restoring saddle equipping is not feasible both for technical(half the necessary functions are not present, not commented out, not disabled, but simply not there) and ideological(we've got elite mounts and it would be a big pain to try and interface the two concepts).

There's however an idea of introducing a slot active only while the character is riding a mount, some sort of a charm. Those "charms" would be sold by horse vendors, thus adding a much need variety to their function versus other traders. I wonder, whether that path should be explored, or not.... I'm moderately certain it can be achieved, but would that addition be welcome?

On 3/31/2019 at 10:39 PM, dimitrius154 said:

The blacksmith arts property selection is not hardcoded and can be edited according to personal preference. Of course, you'll have to invest time into modding.

Thank you, do you know which file I need to go into and if possible what area of said file I need to look change? 

Also regarding your post above,  personally I think the addition of 'charms' that you can buy from horse vendors gives the horse vendors more use and variety and gives some variety and depth to the mounts also. 

If you decide to implement this change and worked out the coding etc would it apply to just horses or unique mounts too? 

Thanks.  

Edited by KerrodWilloughby
  • Like! 1
10 hours ago, KerrodWilloughby said:

do you know which file I need to go into and if possible what area of said file I need to look change? 

Blueprint.txt, the blacksmith art entries. Editing blueprint.txt is not exactly simple, so you'll need to familiarize yourself with the forum's game script file modding tutorials.

11 hours ago, KerrodWilloughby said:

would it apply to just horses or unique mounts too? 

It would apply to all mounts: horses, specials, elites.  

Можно ли совместить данный мод с undressed  mod?
Есть ли какие то инструкции?

Is it possible to combine this mod with undressed mod?
Are there any instructions?

12 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Blueprint.txt, the blacksmith art entries.

It would apply to all mounts: horses, specials, elites.  

Thanks for your help. 

I think the mount 'charm' idea you mentioned would be good if you were able to get round to adding it then. 

I dread to think how long things like this take to sort out and get working as you intended. 

• 2 months later...

Dmitriy, I had a question.  A while back you told me that NPC's ignore the regeneration time on their spells, and are only affected by Cooldown.  This would be mean that any creature bonus to Stamina or Regeneration Time -X% would be pointless right (aside from player characters and special mounts)? 

I was also thinking the property on Dragon Mage's Mind Strike that penalizes enemy combat art regeneration ("et_debuff_CA_regen") would be useless as well.  If so, Mind Strike should probably have that base property and also the bronze mod Weakness replaced with something else.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:36 PM, Flix said:

A while back you told me that NPC's ignore the regeneration time on their spells, and are only affected by Cooldown

That's correct. The AI ignores any value set in the "cost_level" and "cost_base" and spams the spell invariably, unless a cooldown value is present.

the property on Dragon Mage's Mind Strike that penalizes enemy combat art regeneration ("et_debuff_CA_regen") would be useless as well.

Yes, it would, unless used against players in Deathmatch.

If so, Mind Strike should probably have that base property and also the bronze mod Weakness replaced with something else.

Yes, a sound idea, I agree. 

• Thanks! 1
  • 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:34 PM, Watchmaker said:

Will Patch Addendum work with polish language versions?

Technically, yes. There never was a Polish version of the Addendum, therefore some strings are going to be missing or incorrect.

I should also mention, that what's currently posted is an alpha. The beta is currently in later stages of development.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Thanks! 1
9 hours ago, Watchmaker said:

There is new beta version of Addendum? Where? I downloaded mine from the first post in topic. Didn't saw anything about beta release. 

It's in the works, not released yet. A rather substantial update, but takes time to complete. I actually intend it to be the final version, provided no flaws are found. 

Cool ;) Please don't forget about little extra cheat options like 20 skills and 6 CA mods. They are great :thumbsup:

BTW Is it normal that Delphic Arcania Lore doesn't give modification points? Only focus does. 

Edited by Watchmaker
On 4/1/2018 at 12:43 AM, dimitrius154 said:

Some gameworld locations have received names.

This is a good idea.  Can you tell me how to construct the Loka-ID to generate a new place name?  It looks like it's done by using ID's from triggerarea.txt.

I tried TRIGGERAREA_XXXX and TA_XXXX but neither seemed to work.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, Flix said:

Can you tell me how to construct the Loka-ID to generate a new place name?

Unfortunately, you can't just generate a name. All location name string IDs are hardcoded by a table in s2core.dll and are mentioned in poidata.txt, I'm assigning text strings to unused ones. Well, in fact they are all used in triggerarea.txt, it's just that some didn't have name strings in global.res..

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Thanks! 1

Hmm, by the way, for the interested advanced modders: if you design a weapon with some FX effect, make sure, that said weapon's damage is not purely physical. Otherwise, once weapons are switched, the effect is lost, until the weapon is reequipped. Whoever's responsible for the function at work, the man WAS(IS) coockoo.

• Haha 1

I had a query that's been nagging me for some time: do you happen to know what the values in the "groupchanges" string in quest.txt mean? Like so: 

groupchanges = {
{ 2986,7,0,"Enemy_mage",57 },
{ 2986,2,0,"questCreatures",66 },

I recognize the taskcreature ID (first number), the behavior, and the faction ID (final number).  But the second two numbers (in yellow) are a complete mystery to me.

The second(definitely) is a quest stage ID:

0:
 1: Setup
 2: PrecondsAwaiting
 3: PrecondsFulfilled (Quest giver has a "?" Over his head)
 4:
 5:
 6:
 7: Task Awaiting
 8: TaskFulfilled (NPC for the report has a "!" Over the head)
 9: Won
10: Lost

The third, hmm, I think it's the emotion animation action the NPC performs during the group change. I don't have the ID table, but I guess, that, for example,  4 is "clapping hands".

• Thanks! 1
4 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

By the way, I think I know, what's causing stock Notepad to wreck the blueprint.txt - German-specific symbols in Unicode.

Like those set names commented in at the bottom of the file?  Weiße Weihnacht, Armantins Vermächtnis, Gedächtnis der Wälder ....

I'm sure you figured this out already, but based on that bug report on Children and Demons III having non-transforming Children, I just reverted the questscript code back to what it was pre-CM 1.60.

I'm not sure what Marcus was trying to accomplish with his change the scripts.  Compare the non-transforming kids in CM 1.60:

quest.setScript( 1630, "OnTaskAwaiting", function(args)
local demons = {
{tid=4322, creature="Human_stat_citizen_child_m01"},
{tid=4323, creature="Human_stat_citizen_child_m02"},
{tid=4324, creature="Human_stat_citizen_child_f01"},
{tid=4325, creature="Human_stat_citizen_child_f02"}
}
for I, demon in ipairs(demons) do
changeCreature {
tcid = demon.tcid,
creature = demon.creature,
}
end
end)
quest.setScript( 1631, "OnStateChange", function(args)
local demons = { 4322, 4323, 4324, 4325 }
if args.state == "PREFIGHT" then
changeCreature {
tcid = demon,
mortality = "MORTAL",
faction = "FACTION_ENEMY_HERO",
behaviour = "Enemy_warrior_brave_ex",
}
end
end
end)
quest.setScript( 1631, "OnTalk", function(args)
local demons = {
{tcid=4322, creature="Demon_guard_small"},
{tcid=4323, creature="Demon_guard_elite"},
{tcid=4324, creature="Demon_guard"},
{tcid=4325, creature="Demon_guard_elite"}
}
if args.tcid == 4322 and args.state == "TASK_AWAITING" then
changeCreature {
tcid = demon.tcid,
effect = "FXTYPE_GEN_TRANSFORM",
}
changeCreature {
tcid = demon.tcid,
creature = demon.creature,
delay = 2,
}
end
end
end)

Against the corrected (reverted) code that has children transform into Demons at the right moment:

quest.setScript( 1630, "OnTaskAwaiting", function(args)
local names = { "m01", "m02", "f01", "f02" }
for I, demon in demons do
cname = "Human_stat_citizen_child_"..names[I]
changeCreature {
tcid = demon,
creature = cname,
}
end
end)
quest.setScript( 1631, "OnStateChange", function(args)
if args.state == "PREFIGHT" then
changeCreature {
tcid = demon,
mortality = "MORTAL",
faction = "FACTION_ENEMY_HERO",
behaviour = "Enemy_warrior_brave_ex",
}
end
end
end)
quest.setScript( 1631, "OnTalk", function(args)
local names = { "Demon_guard_small","Demon_guard_elite","Demon_guard","Demon_guard_elite" }
if args.tcid == 4322 and args.state == "TASK_AWAITING" then
changeCreature {
tcid = demon,
effect = "FXTYPE_GEN_TRANSFORM",
}
changeCreature {
tcid = demon,
creature = names[I],
delay = 2,
}
end
end
end)

41 minutes ago, Flix said:

quest.setScript( 1631, "OnStateChange", function(args) local demons = { 4322, 4323, 4324, 4325 } if args.state == "PREFIGHT" then for I, demon in ipairs(demons) do

While I actually haven't looked into this particular quest script bug, the quoted string may be the culprit. Should be "for I, demon in demons do" at the end I think.

45 minutes ago, Flix said:

I'm not sure what Marcus was trying to accomplish with his change the scripts.

I think, he didn't like the masked name targeting in the following abstract:

46 minutes ago, Flix said:

cname = "Human_stat_citizen_child_"..names[I]

• 3 weeks later...

Wow... I am just re-installing Sacred 2 to play it again and looked here for new stuff... and there is a whole new patch! :)

But... "The Addendum is not compatible with either D2F, or Enhanced Edition out of the box."
Is there a way to make it work with Enhanced Edition? If the question is answered here, pls tell me the page. ^^'

The Enhanced Edition has some CA-changes I really don't want to miss.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured