Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

3 hours ago, Roderick said:

Is there a way to make it work with Enhanced Edition? If the question is answered here, pls tell me the page. ^^'

Currently you'd have to choose one or the other. 

I worked as many fixes as I could from this into Enhanced Edition.  Some I couldn't do because I can't edit the binaries.  Many changes in this mod I wouldn't want in Enhanced Edition.  IMO there is a lot of "mod content" here, subjective changes that may be fun for some players but go way beyond patch fixing (much like EE).  Also in several places the two mods are mutually exclusive. If you tried to merge them you would have to give up numerous changes from one or the other.

Depending on how the final Addendum turns out, I would like to work with Dmitriy to merge Diablo 2 Fallen with it.

7 hours ago, Flix said:

merge Diablo 2 Fallen with it.

More of a vision difference, than a technical problem. While the ABM is no longer needed(well, almost. I've set blending time to 0.15 to avoid the first shot visual glitch from bows and pistols), since I've resolved the Inquisitor blending problem by translating robes from vertex- to skeleton-animated(that allows to reduce graphics05.zip to ~ 900Mb, by the way ), the single active mount solution remains paramount: characters now start in riding mode upon savegame loading.  

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

More of a vision difference, than a technical problem. While the ABM is no longer needed(well, almost. I've set blending time to 0.15 to avoid the first shot visual glitch from bows and pistols), since I've resolved the Inquisitor blending problem by translating robes from vertex- to skeleton-animated(that allows to reduce graphics05.zip to ~ 900Mb, by the way ), the single active mount solution remains paramount: characters now start in riding mode upon savegame loading.  

The single mount situation doesn't bother me as applied to D2F.  I didn't think it belonged in the CM Patch, though I might not have fought it so much had I known it would free essential space for other fixes.

Honestly I think there's only about 3 objectionable things that I would be unable to work with in any hypothetical merge:

• Damage converters now only affect Physical damage.  Makes them much less desirable for lightsabers, throwing potions, or other weapons that may have primarily non-physical damage.
  • Item classification modifiers now spawn on Set, Unique and Legendary items.  Hard to swallow from a balancing perspective and also from an old fashioned idea that uniques should have fixed stats.
  • Activated portals and miniportals do no longer have their names constantly displayed on the worldmap.  May be a non-issue really, if the icons are still there and names are visible on hovering the mouse cursor.

Can I pick your brain for one more quest related question?  Do you know what the "releasestage" parameter controls in quest.txt?  I see many with "releasestage = 30" and I have no idea what I'm blindly copying over into my own quests.

I had a bug to report.  When we made CM 1.60 you worked on improving some spell fx that had a heavy hit on frame rate.  I think some slipped past us. 

The first is "FX_GEN_FROSTRING".  It's used in a few different spells: "enemy_area_frostfog", (used by Ogres) and "shelob_frosty_lair", and it has a dreadful impact on FPS.  It makes that boss fight more dangerous than it should be.

The other one is "fx_cm_kaelteaura" from the boss spell "boss_crystal_kaelteaura".  I also used it for the Druid's Hurricane in D2F, because it's a perfect fit, but again the frame rate hit is atrocious.

I thought it might be worth looking into.

• Thanks! 1

So, I have read this 15 pages of posts. I have read the full CP1.6 patchlog and I have thought about Community Edition changing gameplay vs Fixes things. This is a preliminary post as I didnt have the time yet to make a full appendum setup, and this may take a while. Since I heard you are working on a big and maybe final update to this I thought I would give my thoughts on the matter.

Simply put, I agree with @Flixthat I rather want to see all the fixes put into a CP 1.70 and put all gameplay changing content into a seperate mod. As it stands now, the appendum holds too much personal flavor that I would consider playing it. As a preliminary rundown I would like to sort the changes into things I would like to have and the things which make me not want to play it.

I was halfway through a list of what I consider CP worthy changes, when I realised the whole thing is more intertwined than I thought. Is ""Raving Thrust" now affects energy creatures and ghosts" a fix, or a simply gameplay change by somebody who can change the code ? Raving Thrust wasnt intended to hit ghosts, which makes it so special.

The more I read the more I come to the conclusion that this is just a mod, by somebody who can code ( eg. go beyond values other users can change ). While I agree that some of the changes would be nice to bundle, they are too few uncontroversial changes to make a CP 1.7 . The fact that the code gets changed is beneficial and detrimental at the same time, due to it excluding everybody who cant code. This makes these modifications akin to a different game, because "Rings, amulets, other forgeables are now affected by item auto-collect quality filter settings in the "Gameplay" menu." is something I wouldnt be able to change back, even if I wanted to.

The reason of extracting such code lines into changeable .txt documents is so that everybody can choose what they want - the very fundament of modding. Changing code without extracting it into modifiable lines for other users makes this into a non-moddable game again. In the long run it splits the community into 2 different versions. One for CP 1.60 and one for the Appendum. They become mutually exclusive as they change features people cant alter.

Head scratch.

The proper solution would be to extract everything the Appendum changes into a modifiable .txt. Which means to maintain 2 codes at the same time. Thats quite difficult. Really a lot of work.

Anyway.

1. Unsticky this thread. Its not a Fix, its not a Guide, its not a CP, its not a rule, its just another mod. Its place belongs down where all the other mods are. Stickying this thread was misleading in the first place.
  2. Change the name for Gods sake. This is not an addendum, its its own full mod. Call it "Dimitry´s Shining Glory on Ancaria" (Alpha and soon in Beta available at your closest retail store ;) ). People LIKE mods that change gameplay. What people dont like is something advertised as a fix and then they have to deal with gameplay changes. You are telling everybody that you are selling wine, and then serve them fish.

the end.

@gogoblenderon an unrelated note, is there still a time limit for editing your own posts, and if yes, can I attend this rank in a reasonable amount of time ?

Edited by Charon117
57 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

Thats quite difficult. Really a lot of work.

Not really. The difficulty is on the aspirant's side, that is.

57 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

Unsticky this thread. Its not a Fix, its not a Guide, its not a CP, its not a rule, its just another mod. Its place belongs down where all the other mods are. Stickying this thread was misleading in the first place.

Oh. it depends on the perception, really. Mind you, I'm not going into "Opinions are like …, everyone has it and it …." territory.

Edited by dimitrius154
18 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

The difficulty is on the aspirant's side, that is.

As someone who's tried to do it, I can attest to this.  I get completely lost trying to do anything with the dll's even with the pseudo code listings.

43 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Not really. The difficulty is on the aspirant's side, that is.

I dont think we are on the same page here. As far as I can see you are the only one around who can change the dll. 99% of other people cant change it. The Aspirant cant do it. Flix cant do it.  Sorry, but the work load is on you, if you decide to do it.

If I want to change the "Rings, amulets, other forgeables are now affected by item auto-collect quality filter settings in the "Gameplay" menu." I wouldnt be able to do it, no matter of how much of an aspirant I am. Flix cant take the things he would want for his Diablo mod.

The work load is on you, because you are the only one competent enough to do, if you decide to do it. Thats why I said its much work.

43 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Oh. it depends on the perception, really. Mind you, I'm not going into "Opinions are like …, everyone has it and it …." territory.

Thats for the moderators and admins to decide. Here are their oppinions:

On 4/2/2018 at 1:26 PM, Androdion said:

Some of the changes listed in the changelog have been agreed to be CM Patch material and some haven't. But if I may do a direct question, much of it is your own personal view of the game isn't it Dmitriy? Nothing wrong with that, everyone mods games to their own liking anyway. My question being then if this Addendum is in fact your mod?

On 4/6/2018 at 11:36 PM, Flix said:

Why don't you show off more of this stuff?  You're selling yourself and your mod short by presenting it strictly as a bundle of fixes, and not the inventive and creative endeavor that it is.

This thread has been stickied because you asked for it, and because of your work epic, not because your oppinion about it matters. As far as I can see all moderators I read about think this is a mod, and they underhandedly try to tell you that. But never mind, each its own.

Edited by Charon117
3 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

But never mind, each its own.

He-he, that's Androdion's "do what thou willst" rephrased. I'm not trying to play a high-horse aristocratic ar...le here. Every change done has been though out. As an example, the "Raving Thrust" has a range of 300(on par with the vanilla "Furious Emblazer") AND a projectile fx. It's a psychic attack, same as the "Clustering Maelstrom". Yet the Maestrom affects Ghosts, and the Thrust doesn't. That's not speciality, but lack of logic. Now, if the Thrust was melee-range weapon-based, that would make sense.

30 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

I dont think we are on the same page here. As far as I can see you are the only one around who can change the dll. 99% of other people cant change it. The Aspirant cant do it. Flix cant do it.  Sorry, but the work load is on you, if you decide to do it.

If I want to change the "Rings, amulets, other forgeables are now affected by item auto-collect quality filter settings in the "Gameplay" menu." I wouldnt be able to do it, no matter of how much of an aspirant I am. Flix cant take the things he would want for his Diablo mod.

The work load is on you, because you are the only one competent enough to do, if you decide to do it. Thats why I said its much work.

Thats for the moderators and admins to decide. Here are their oppinions:

This thread has been stickied because you asked for it, and because of your work epic, not because your oppinion about it matters. As far as I can see all moderators I read about think this is a mod, and they underhandedly try to tell you that. But never mind, each its own.

The mod team has discussed it internally in the past and the current presentation is what we decided on as a compromise.  It is not an official continuation of CM Patch, but a mod.  At one time this was not as apparent as it is now.  It has a sticky at Dimitrius's request, and we admins agreed to it. We at DarkMatters recognize that modding is the lifesblood of the Sacred franchise at this point, so the sticky is to promote the mod. This is in keeping with our promotion of other mods on the site.  After all my mod Diablo 2 Fallen gets its own section and even its own Wiki.

We've had our disagreements in the past but I don't really wish to revisit them.  While I totally understand your sentiment, the way forward would be some measure of diplomacy and cooperation.

Someone rang?! :huh:

Honestly I have little if anything to add to this, though I've been quoted. There are changes made here that are indeed fixes and others which are personal choices that were made in order to make this patch/mod/whatever you'd like to call it more personal. Nothing wrong with that honestly. There were concessions made when CM 1.60 was made so there's no need to revisit that again as well.

Honestly, this is a non-issue to me. The CM Patch is one thing, the Addendum is another, the Diablo Mod is another. Each of them is valid in it's own view and respect so give it that, some respect as what it is.

5 minutes ago, Flix said:

The mod team has discussed it internally in the past and the current presentation is what we decided on as a compromise.  It is not an official continuation of CM Patch, but a mod.  At one time this was not as apparent as it is now.  It has a sticky at Dimitrius's request, and we admins agreed to it. We at DarkMatters recognize that modding is the lifesblood of the Sacred franchise at this point, so the sticky is to promote the mod. This is in keeping with our promotion of other mods on the site.  After all my mod Diablo 2 Fallen gets its own section.

Thats what I said.

5 minutes ago, Flix said:

We've had our disagreements in the past but I don't really wish to revisit them.   The way forward would be some measure of diplomacy and cooperation.

I appreciate @dimitrius154work, and as newcomer I would like to give him feedback about his work.

• Stickying this thread HURTS the potential exposure he can get with it. I dont read stickies, most people dont. Because stickies contain CP, Fixes, rules and guides. They dont contain mods.
  • Misrepresenting this thread HURTS his potential feedback player base. 90% of all people come here, expect a fix, and then realise they stealthily get 95% of game content changed. They all leave angrily about this. This is not an oppinion. 70% of all posts in this thread say they wont install the "mod" for one reason or another. And thats just the ones who write posts. Extrapolate that to the ones who dont even write about it. And this is in your own thread.
  • The moderators here are not doing whats best for mod, they are doing what a child wants, spoiling it in the progress. They dont keep the mod happy, they keep the mod maker happy. Which is fine I guess.

If Dimitry wants to have this level of exposure im totally fine with it. I dont care honestly. Sometimes a stranger will need to say what you dont accept from your friends. Thats my contribution. Take it or leave it :).

I think you're reading too much into this to be honest. Please leave it as it is. Everyone who cares to read the thread will get the gist of it and make out their own opinion, so that's that.

I don't think there's more to talk about here.

17 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

Sometimes a stranger will need to say what you dont accept from your friends.

I appreciate the feedback. And no, I'm not prone to fits of hysterics(gosh, that Connary guy) Fortunately, I don't have friends to butter me up. I have acquaintances, :coffeecup:. Yet every(unless I, the bonehead, forgot to mention it) change has been posted in the description, therefore is not stealthy.

Edited by dimitrius154

Changing subjects...

Dmitriy I have another quest bug to report.  Unlike the one from Children and Demons, I can't find any evidence that its entries in quest.txt or questscripts.txt were changed in CM 1.60.

The quest is called "Delivery" and the ID of the first phase is 934, 

name = "S_DE_7_HI_G_nn-Classquest helfcq_nq4.1", 

According to the Wiki there are supposed to be a series of enemy mobs but the quest seems to break after killing the first mob, so somewhere between 934, and 935.  The behavior I saw was that the quest marker failed to point to the next target location. The first phase was marked as complete but the next one didn't trigger.  I then walked to (roughly) the correct location resulted in no other mobs spawning.

I know Marcus changed the way timed quests behave at some point.  I'll try to run some tests and post the solution if I find it.

16 hours ago, Charon117 said:

@gogoblenderon an unrelated note, is there still a time limit for editing your own posts, and if yes, can I attend this rank in a reasonable amount of time ?

Hi Charon

It looks like there's no quick time limit any more on member posts, You can edit as needed.

Fantastic you have made yourself over to us and delighted having you here on the fan boards.

Welcome to DarkMatters !

:)

gogo

• Thanks! 1
On 10/5/2019 at 6:30 PM, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, are you sure it's the first mob, not the second one?

Well, upon attempting to recreate the bug, I found I was unable to.  On every test, the quest completed successfully.  But it was definitely that first mob, right outside the north gate of Khorum.  The only user error I can think of is that one of the quest enemies ran off in fear and I neglected to kill him.  I suppose we'll chalk it up to that.

7 hours ago, Flix said:

But it was definitely that first mob, right outside the north gate of Khorum.

Thing is, hostiles for the quest part

934 - S_DE_7_HI_G_nn-Classquest helfcq_nq4.1

are spawned by 3 subquests:

935 - S_DE_7_HI_G_nn-Classquest helfcq_nq4.2

continues_quest_id = 934,
continues_bookentry = 934,

precond_quest0 = {
quest_dbid = 934,
queststate = 7,
},

936 - S_DE_7_HI_G_nn-Classquest helfcq_nq4.3

continues_quest_id = 832, -- seems out of place
continues_bookentry = 0,

precond_quest0 = {
quest_dbid = 935,
queststate = 7,
},

937 - S_DE_7_HI_G_nn-Classquest helfcq_nq4.4

continues_bookentry = 0,

precond_quest0 = {
quest_dbid = 936,
queststate = 7,
},

Then there's 

938 - S_DE_7_HI_G_nn-Classquest helfcq_nq4.5

continues_quest_id = 934,
continues_bookentry = 934,

precond_quest0 = {
quest_dbid = 934,
queststate = 9,
},
})

The sequence does look unusual.

48 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Interesting. 832 is the beginning class quest for the High Elf.  I know Marcus made some changes to "Delivery" in order to move it from the desert chapter tab into the class quest tab in the logbook. I wonder if that was part of it. 

Incoming bug dump.

These are the bug fixes and other patch-worthy material I've resolved while in this last development cycle. It seems any project aimed at fixing bugs would want to address these.

Brigand Camp (hash 3463412580) is in fact a Lumberjack Camp.

Hunting Knife Fix- The reward for killing the Giant Boar (quest "S_HE_N_nn-Jaegerlager 3v4",) is a junk-quality dagger, useless even at low levels. The devs scripted a dagger specifically for use as a quest reward but it is not used (id = 2450, name = "quest_jadgmesser",).

Blue Damage +X% Bonus (name = "sb_off_dam_any_rel_forge",) seems intended for use in the "Whet" Blacksmith Art but isn't used. Instead the rare-tier yellow Damage +X% item modifier is used.

Chestplate of Fury (hash 1244408948) is actually a helm. Should be renamed to something else to avoid confusion with the set's chest armor. I chose "Crown of Fury."

Gold "Life leeched per hit" modifier ("uni_def_heal_on_hit") is actually quite weaker than the yellow version ("sb_off_lifeleech"), despite being more rare and having higher requirements to spawn. I replaced it with the yellow version on all items. An alternative would be to power up the base values to be worthy of a gold modifier.

Thraconians have textures with grey, black, and red hair/stubble. Their randomized facial hair also uses these three colors but they're distributed without any regard to matching the colors. So many have grey stubble with black beard, black hair with red beard, etc. My solution was to make separate blueprints for the red, black, and grey beards instead of having them all lumped under a single one. From there they got separate weaponpool entries, and from there they could be distributed to the proper equipsets for each type (by providence the leaders are all grey haired, the ranged red haired, the warriors black).

Hitboxes for some enemies are unusually large, making it diffcult to maneuver around them.  I've decreased the bounding box values for the itemtypes that use the following models:
    models/npc/monsters/dragon-small/v_dragon-small
    models/npc/monsters/giant-bat/v_riesenfledermaus
    models/npc/monsters/riesenratte/v_riesenratte-v1
    models/npc/monsters/ent-a/h_entA
    models/npc/monsters/ent-b/h_entB

Marigold Fields - it's a major plot point that the marigolds drive away the evil of the Undead in the Swamp, but when you go there the fields are swarming with skeletons. I replaced them with Forest Spirits in spawn.txt but any swamp creature (bats, rats, turtles) would do.

Draconic Dragonfly/Dracolin - generally speaking, the color schemes of the Blood Forest and the Crystal Plane are red and white, respectively. So it's odd to see a pristine white Dragonfly in the Blood Forest and a red glowing-eyed Dracolin in the Crystal Plane. I've swapped the two creatures' itemtypes in their creature entries, but note that I also changed all of them to "SUBFAM_LIFE_DRAGON". If you wanted to preserve the Blood Forest variants as "SUBFAM_LIFE_DEMON" (vanilla) you want to instead change their surface ID's in their itemtype entries.

Swampbelly Toads (quest "S_MA_1a_G_nn-Ein Festmahl") are turtles in vanilla, despite the fact that a quest toad was scripted and not used ("Atmo_MA_toad_green_quest"). All taskcreature targets for this quest should be updated with this creature. I also increased its size so it's more visible.

Leaping Plants make jet engine sounds when they jump. CA is "enemy_gen_battlejump". I believe the sound is assigned due to this line: eiStateName = "cSMBFJump".  Audio files location: fx\spells\junglemonster\rammsprung. I think this was introduced in early version of the CM Patch because at point the plants didn't even leap. My solution was to replace the audio files with custom ones, but other existing sounds could be substituted. Or possibly the eiStateName could be changed.

Kill Grand Inquisitor on the light path. The necessary change in questscripts.txt to allow Shadow Path character to kill Nimonuil has been present for a while, but not for Light Path characters. Would be under quest.setScript( 1669,

Dark Seraphim - all the dialogues and journal entries indicate that the final battle is to take place in the Swamp, but instead the game has you travel back to Tyr Lysia to the cave where you fought her before. I made a new taskcreature using the creature id = 643, placed her the cave underneath Hesheth ( position = { 53,30,-1 , 844.000,1937.000,0.000 , 90.000 }, ) and made her the kill target of quest "S_MA_7d_SR_nn-Classquest Seraphim"

Enemy regen penalty "et_debuff_CA_regen" on Dragon Mage's Mind Strike doesn't work on enemies. Could be replaced with Open Wounds, Death Blow, or any number of other appropriate modifiers.

Divine Protection deactivates Warding Energy when it expires. Against expectations this doesn't seem to be tied to SpellClass. Even when changing the SpellClass ID's to non-Energy shield related ones, entry "se_te_notschild" will always deactivate "se_te_energieschild" when its duration expires. Aside from this being very irritating having to recast the Energy Shield buff constantly, I admit I have a vested interest in seeing this fixed because it affects the replacements for these two spells in D2F (Holy Freeze gets deactivated by Holy Shield when it runs out).

• Thanks! 1

@Flix When you say >resolved while in this last development cycle< you mean in EE and other projects you have been working on, right ? Have all of these fixes been applied, or are they waiting to be released ? Or are you talking about having theses fixes added to an ongoing CP version ?

Thx for the work.

Edited by Charon117
  • Like! 1
  • The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured