Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

7 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

@Flix When you say >resolved while in this last development cycle< you mean in EE and other projects you have been working on, right ?

Correct.  The changes above will be applied in the next releases of Enhanced Edition and Diablo 2 Fallen.

We are both trying to do the same thing, fix all the bugs and make the game as close to what it should be as possible.  We have slightly different visions but I don't see any reason not share bug fixes with anyone/everyone.

My ultimate goal is the eventual merging of EE and Addendum, or at least getting them to a state where one can be applied atop the other.  There will be some fixes I will never be able to apply otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Flix said:

We are both trying to do the same thing, fix all the bugs and make the game as close to what it should be as possible.  We have slightly different visions but I don't see any reason not share bug fixes with anyone/everyone.

I havent been following anything recently. Is anybody still working on the next CP version ? Its kinda a big wish for some people. General bug fixes and stuff.

4 minutes ago, Flix said:

My ultimate goal is the eventual merging of EE and Addendum, or at least getting them to a state where one can be applied atop the other.  There will be some fixes I will never be able to apply otherwise.

I think the core problem is the hardcoded stuff. Or ? That would also be kinda my wish. Like having these kind of hardcoded fixes be available as a standalone thing.

And stuff.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

The necessary change in questscripts.txt to allow Shadow Path character to kill Nimonuil has been present for a while, but not for Light Path characters.

Yes, that was me trolling the Light-aligned characters: "Thou shalt forfeit loot and feel warm and fuzzy about being mighty noble at not helping the misguided poor bad Boss expire." 

4 hours ago, Flix said:

Divine Protection deactivates Warding Energy when it expires. Against expectations this doesn't seem to be tied to SpellClass.

It might be tied to the property itself. We'll see.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

What languages are currently supported or will be supported when finished?

I'm playing in German now. I could play in English without any problems.

Currently I tend to like the Addendum more than EE. I prefer bug fixing and not making the game more difficult or look different (that is done more in EE, but in the Addendum too (like mounts)).

For any installation instructions I would like to know how to switch off or reduce the fan drops and how to increase the char specific set drop. That would make things perfect for me. - It is not necessary to get anything done according MY wishes, if I just know how to do it myself (without killing the game myself). - I guess that you will receive lots of questions about "How to tweak....?", after you have finished. Be prepared for it!

1 hour ago, mike57 said:

What languages are currently supported or will be supported when finished?

English and Russian are supported as of now. Though I technically speak German, I'm not experienced enough to make a nuance quality translation. Also, some tricks applied to ensure proper text coloration require the language in question to be able to support certain phrase masks. English and Russian fit, German supposedly fits, French and Italian do not. The rest are, supposedly, even less compatible, especially Hungarian, Chinese and Japanese.

Sometimes I wish, that the Towel of Babel event never happened.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1
7 hours ago, mike57 said:

I prefer bug fixing and not making the game more difficult or look different

Just for the record the extra difficulty and interface changes are totally optional in EE.  If you play with the Original Spells module the total changes are far less drastic than Addendum. EE is my primary bug-fixing project although I won't pretend it is ONLY about that.

7 hours ago, mike57 said:

For any installation instructions I would like to know how to switch off or reduce the fan drops and how to increase the char specific set drop

I created this mod to allow all vanilla drops for CM 1.60:

I don't think the Addendum touches drop.txt so it should be safe to install on top of it.  The only changes it makes are to prevent all fan created items from dropping.

Then I will try the vanilla drops for now. I understand it to take effect after installation and that no new game has to be started.

About the changes: Well, I read the descriptions and the way I understand it, the Addendum fits my current desires more. Therefor I put my preference there. In the end I might have to check for myself and try different installations. That is possible for me, because I have 2 machines that can run the game. Thus I take one for the Addendum and one for the EE. Is the EE compatible with German? Can I add the vanilla drop to it? Will I have to start anew? If the answer to those questions is yes, yes, no - I might start testing that right now. --- The other machine will be switched to English and the desired changes will be made. Thus I can compare it.

My final judgement might take some time  any way. As I said, I'm in no rush. But I will surely report about the results or problems I will face.

Although I have been a programmer and I'm trained for a sense of understanding in programming issues, I don't know about game programming and I don't pretend to have a lot of knowledge. Thus I see your descriptions and not what is behind the wall for the people involved in programming or modding games. I'm just a consumer with a better kind of understanding at best.

BTW German is not easy - not for none-native speakers and for native speakers as well. I'm fond of telling other people that the rule in German is the exception. The programming languages I have learned (mostly COBOL) are languages that are more familiar with English than any other language. Most of it came from the US anyway. Thus in order to read the referrals from IBM, you had to learn English. On the other hand professional language has often nothing to do with the normal spoken language. If you are parsing normal words, it is best to use a very regulated language. And that fits English more than any other language I have ever seen. (I've learned some French in school.) The French and Italians often complain about German - their second complain hits English. They never loose their accent in German or English. Although I'm trained I still believe that I have an accent in English as well.

Edited by mike57
  • Like! 1
2 hours ago, mike57 said:

Is the EE compatible with German? Can I add the vanilla drop to it? Will I have to start anew? If the answer to those questions is yes, yes, no - I might start testing that right now.

Yes, Yes, No.

To clarify the third answer, you probably SHOULD start a new character, or at least move them to a new difficulty level.  Some currently underway quests might be affected otherwise.

2 hours ago, mike57 said:

Well, I read the descriptions and the way I understand it, the Addendum fits my current desires more. Therefor I put my preference there.

That's perfectly understandable and I don't hold that against anybody. We present our mods differently.

I'll take the risk and I have started already. For now I have added the vanilla drop to the 160 patch. As I have not progressed so far with my current roster it might not have any weird results. For taking the full EE I'll finish my current runs, but that will take a lot of time.

On the other hand I switched to english on the GOG loader and that may have screwed up my installation for the Addendum. GOG did a new install, I should have switched to English ingame. I thought nothing of it first. I reinstalled the 160 patch and was told that some files were missing (musiqch2, if I remember right). After that I reinstalled the Addendum. Then I started 7 new characters (1 of each) and I saw the intro video. I had the video but no speech in that video. - I currently don't know, if my procedure caused that particular file to get lost or if it is a genuine bug. As I'm at the beginning I don't know if there might be further implications. At least it looks to me as if the rest is behaving according to the definition.

I add this comment for (1) give notice of my intentions (2) give feedback to problems. I will comment on further developments in the approbriate topics, but as the rest was discussed here, I would like to give a final status report of my plans here.

I am very grateful for both remaining patch companions for all their work and their continuing efforts! (Big shoutout to every helper who may have been involved in this effort too!)

It seems there's another useful general recommendation for Windows 10 users: switch to Developer Mode. Once done, I no longer seem to encounter an asystemic bug, where the sacred2.exe refuses to terminate upon exiting the game. Though I haven't yet upgraded to build 1903, once done, the Sandbox should, I surmise, also be deactivated.

[EDIT] After a day of testing, I'm positive, that setting the Windows 10 Developer Mode "on" eliminates the Sacred2 executable termination bug. It might have other beneficial effects a s well, so I'd certainly recommend it. 

Edited by dimitrius154

I know you're a Sith not a Jedi so you may have missed this particular quest line.

The Black Seraphim is... problematic.  Her creatureinfo entry (6939,) has equipslots as follows: validEquipSlots = "EID_WEAPON_L + EID_SHIELD_L + EID_WEAPON_R + EID_WINGS",  which implies she should wield weapons and at least wear a set of wings.  Yet it seems her model lacks the attachment bones for wings or weapons. See below: the equipped sword is stabbing her thigh and wings are poking out of her foot.  She also lacks any animations except the barehanded ones.

Furthermore, she's given weargroup    = "WEARGROUP_INVALID", in itemtype.txt, precluding her from wearing anything anyway.  That line had to be changed just to get anything equipped.

She also has a hairstyle scripted and defined as if she were a playable character, but since hairstyles don't seem to work for NPC's she's somewhat bald.  I tried changing the hair into a helmet as it is for certain other NPC's.  I altered the surface entry and the itemytpe entry and got the result below. The hair doesn't seem to connect to her properly. It clips badly and also doesn't move with her idle animation.

So the result is a bald, wingless "seraphim" who throws a few weak barehanded punches and goes down after one or two hits.  This is is supposed to be the fearsome final boss of the Seraphim's class chain quest.  By the way, it also mentioned by Loromir the Wise she is supposed to be a "powerful undead creature" but she has "SUBFAM_LIFE_HUMAN" in her itemtype. 

I revamped and replaced her utterly in DIablo 2 Fallen, but I thought for the purposes of EE or Addendum it would be nice if the original design could be preserved.  It is after all the original Seraphim's model from Sacred 1, retextured.  It may be beyond saving, or perhaps not worth saving.  I'm still deciding what to do with her.

One other note is her creature and taskcreature strings label her Black Seraphim, while the quest logs and dialogues call her Dark Seraphim.  I picked Black for EE and Dark for D2F.

big_0076.thumb.jpg.99fe2952e35ecb3dd3d1c592d02aca34.jpg

38 minutes ago, Flix said:

you're a Sith not a Jedi

He-he, not quite there yet, but I'm working on it:coffeecup:.

38 minutes ago, Flix said:

It may be beyond saving, or perhaps not worth saving.  I'm still deciding what to do with her.

For the purpose of striking appearance I 'd suggest taking the D2 Fallen equipment and then setting the specular texture crimson red and adding the SURFACE_FLAG_SHELLFX to all armor surfaces of the Dark Seraphim. Should be fun.

Edited by dimitrius154
46 minutes ago, Flix said:

So the result is a bald, wingless "seraphim" who throws a few weak barehanded punches and goes down after one or two hits. 

KInd of sums up the "distributed" task management, they were practicing at Ascaron, it seems. Just like the original SW class quest, I absolutely refuse to believe that a single person's been writing the text.

5 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

KInd of sums up the "distributed" task management, they were practicing at Ascaron, it seems. Just like the original SW class quest, I absolutely refuse to believe that a single person's been writing the text.

That was a truly bewildering quest that needed extensive rewrites, as most of the class chain quests did.  The SW's quest seems to have even more sheer content than even the Main Quest, so the flaws are more numerous.

BTW if you rewrote it, you probably caught this, but in the "Past Mistakes" phase ("S_SE_6d_SW_nn-Classquest SW",), the SW receives a magic blade than can raise the dead.  The quest log however shows the player has been given a Perfect Crystal.  I made a special quest sword for D2F called The Vile Husk and for EE I just made a generic "Resurrection Blade."

598343374_sacred22019-10-2520-56-23-70.thumb.jpg.55fcb0d12b5e95587fbe194c03135a41.jpg

53 minutes ago, Flix said:

The quest log however shows the player has been given a Perfect Crystal.

Oh, I've decided to go with the crystal. The "Resurrection Blade" concept was , ahem, lame.

Edited by dimitrius154

I had some minor problems.

- Temple Guardian - Battle Extension - the animated sounds of this battle skill were played either twice (creating an echo) or delayed. In any case it played after the animation was done.

- Smith (at least in Sloeford) - the name of his skill don't do anything for me (I do not recognize them for what they might be), but the description shown off at the smithy is not the description that is put into the item slot.

I'm still around Sloeford (which I play with all chars simultanously) thus I cannot say more. The above mentioned problems don't bother me much. Gameplay is not affected and at the smithy I check what is shown in the slot before forging - thus I can do as I wish.

5 hours ago, mike57 said:

- Temple Guardian - Battle Extension - the animated sounds of this battle skill were played either twice (creating an echo) or delayed. In any case it played after the animation was done.

The solution is currently only present in EE.  The sound fx are truncated to match the length of the animation.

On 10/30/2019 at 4:58 PM, Flix said:

The solution is currently only present in EE. 

While the alpha Addendum version posted doesn't contain the fix, the beta, I'm building, does.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:18 AM, mike57 said:

but the description shown off at the smithy is not the description that is put into the item slot.

Hmm, do you mean the blacksmith arts' descriptions?

I don't know, if it's news for the interested, but there's now an understanding of the material.txt functions. It basically adds another layer of damage/armor distribution, somewhat independent from the appropriate blueprint.txt entry distribution. "modbasepoints" provides the base across the board bonus for the initial value. 1000 is base, 900 is base*0,9, 1150 is base*1,15. "modreal" seems to be a fraction of the bonus independent from blueprint.txt, while "modfocus" - a  fraction, based on blueprint.txt distribution.

31 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

I don't know, if it's news for the interested, but there's now an understanding of the material.txt functions. It basically adds another layer of damage/armor distribution, somewhat independent from the appropriate blueprint.txt entry distribution. "modbasepoints" provides the base across the board bonus for the initial value. 1000 is base, 900 is base*0,9, 1150 is base*1,15. "modreal" seems to be a fraction of the bonus independent from blueprint.txt, while "modfocus" - a  fraction, based on blueprint.txt distribution.

Indeed. This is something important to keep in mind if changing the itemtypes of blueprints.  You could inadvertently lower the damage if the material assigned in iteminfo is worse.  I've manipulated several materials in D2F.  For example boosting the modbasepoints of the various W_WOOD and W_YEW ones assigned to staves.  It also bothered me how W_metal_elvensteel was far superior than any other weapon materials with elemental damage.  So I made adjustments to the various W_metal_15/40/67 materials.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured