Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

It's absolutely true. I've tried it many times.  It's tied to the itemtype number.  I removed this silly restriction in D2F by making a duplicate of the bow with a different itemtype ID (no changes to blueprint, except replacing the itemtype) and the transformation ceased to occur.

36 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, the one from IB - 13004?

Correct. Copying the entry and giving it a new itemtype number (in D2F it's 13642) ceased the transformation.

7 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

morphs into a Dracolin, if the Dragon's Nemesis is equipped.

One other note, the bow can be safely equipped, the transformation occurs when trying to launch a left-click attack.

3 hours ago, Flix said:

the transformation occurs when trying to launch a left-click attack.

Well, the good thing is I see no such behaviour in the Addendum. While the Dragon Mage can not use bows, I wanted to make sure, that no alien piece of code remains active.

Edited by dimitrius154
1 hour ago, Flix said:

You removed the Dragon Mage's ability to wield bows?  How so?

And why?

I've developed a concept, that should make that (equipment-wise) half-baked Shadow Warrior copy actually special. The concept is a duality of an oriental figther-mage, with a werewolf flavour:

1. The "Fist Weapons" skill is fully restored and is exclusive to the Dragon Mage, he's also the only character able to wield fist weapons.  All fist weapon models have been adjusted, blades no longer point to weird directions at certain animations. The skill allows to use dual weapons, if both are fist weapons.

2. Morph forms have been reworked into humanoid weredragons based on the original draconian concept. The Dragon Mage retains his skills and equipment, while morphed, though he still can't manage them. The Balor Form specializes in melee and warcries, the Afrit Form specializes in magic and area-effect damage.

3. (unfinished coding part) The Dragon Mage weapon type selection has been dramatically reduced(their initial availability was non-sensical as he lacks melee CA's). He can now wield fist weapons and two-handed Mage Staves. If wielding staves, he can't morph. 

Wow. I suppose I'm simultaneously amazed at what you've been able to achieve and also appalled at the breadth and depth of the changes.  I'll definitely play it and will likely enjoy it quite a bit, but it may be just too different to try to merge with any of my mods.

16 minutes ago, Flix said:

may be just too different to try to merge with any of my mods

Could be, though the Enhanced Edition should still be mergeable. Anyway it will still take some time to finish the project, because of the "unique weapons = unique models, or significant reskins" that I'm currently busy with.

Edited by dimitrius154
On 11/7/2019 at 2:34 PM, dimitrius154 said:

Could be, though the Enhanced Edition should still be mergeable.

I was thinking about this. A while back when we discovered the naming conventions of random items were messed up, you said you were maintaining D2F versions of the Addendum binaries.  Do you still have those, perhaps dating from the Alpha-era of the Addendum?  Could you send them to me to test?  I might be able to work with them depending how much has changed.

15 minutes ago, Flix said:

perhaps dating from the Alpha-era of the Addendum?

I always upgrade to the latest code change, once I'm positive it's stable. Thus I do not maintain earlier versions per se, only as a backtrack reference for undesirable effects. It'll be like handing out a primed grenade without the fuse. It's best to wait out until the release.

• 4 weeks later...

I checked the smith arts on every character I run. While Flix version gives the advertised abilities, your version gives randomized abilities. Workaround for me is to put something in and if it is something I don't like, I rinse and repeat before finalizing it. I added the difference in both versions for making it easier to find the source (at least I hope it will help).

Something else I've discovered happens to both additions. Thus I believe it might be a problem from the game. I run this on one laptop and the other version on a second PC. The laptop has a second screen attached (the original screen is not big enough for me). This second screen is acting very strange only during this particular game. Sometimes it goes dark for some seconds and returns some time later. Sometimes the picture gets cut into stripes that makes playing difficult. Switching the screen off and on again fixes that strange behaviour for some time. - Maybe there is some explanation for it.

12 hours ago, mike57 said:

While Flix version gives the advertised abilities, your version gives randomized abilities

That's the expected behaviour. It's like Kanai Cube from Diablo 3, sans annoyance. Once Blacksmith mastery is achieved, unique and legendary tier modifiers becom avalable in the mix.

12 hours ago, mike57 said:

Sometimes it goes dark for some seconds and returns some time later. Sometimes the picture gets cut into stripes

Dual monitor setup might not work well with Sacred 2 graphics engine. There's a similar problem with S1 windowed mode - it causes a memory leak, that crashes the game at some point after the heap reaches 1GB.

• 2 weeks later...

@dimitrius154 You said earlier that the Chance for Melee Double Hit bonus granted by mastering the various Weapon Lore skills is not working.  I was curious how you planned on handling it.  Can the bonus be implemented? If not, can the line that gets added to the skill tooltips be removed?

sacred2 2019-12-16 19-16-21-51.jpg

2 hours ago, Flix said:

Can the bonus be implemented? If not, can the line that gets added to the skill tooltips be removed?

The code part appears to be completely missing and, due to the fact, that double hits only register for melee(which is logical), I went with the second option. Mastery level weapon bonuses are already a reasonable incentive to attain weapon mastery. 

Edited by dimitrius154

So to play the Addendum I simply use GME to install The CM Patch 1.60

Then install the Addendum

Then install the Trimmed Textures and I'm ready to play, correct?

Anything else that needs to be installed?

Is the order correct?

Thanks in advance.  Really looking forward to playing this.

11 minutes ago, Zodiac-Mindwarp said:

Is the order correct?

The "Trimmed Textures" pak files are mod-independent and can be installed at any step. 

Usually it's "Trimmed Textures" -> "Patch 1.60" -> "Addendum".

14 minutes ago, Zodiac-Mindwarp said:

Anything else that needs to be installed?

No, that's all there is.

15 minutes ago, Zodiac-Mindwarp said:

Really looking forward to playing this.

I should mention, that the currently posted version is an alpha. It does contain some glitches. The beta is in later stages of development.

• Like! 1

Thanks Flix.

I already have things installed with GME in the order that Dimitrius listed.

Would it be best to remove everything from GME, then install the CM Patch with it's own installer before adding the Textures and the Addendum with GME?

Things seem to be running okay the way that I have it installed, but I would rather fix it now if it is going to lead to problems later.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured