Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

21 minutes ago, Zodiac-Mindwarp said:

Things seem to be running okay the way that I have it installed, but I would rather fix it now if it is going to lead to problems later.

I'm not sure where you found a Mod Enabler version of the CM Patch 1.60 (let me know so I can remove it to prevent confusion), but it's certainly a beta test version. To ensure you get all the bug fixes and the best compatibility with Dmitriy's mod, you should use the full installer version of the Community Patch available in our Downloads section:

22 hours ago, Flix said:

I'm not sure where you found a Mod Enabler version of the CM Patch 1.60 (let me know so I can remove it to prevent confusion), but it's certainly a beta test version. To ensure you get all the bug fixes and the best compatibility with Dmitriy's mod, you should use the full installer version of the Community Patch available in our Downloads section:

I thought that I downloaded it from Dark Matters but I am not sure.  It also turns out that I already had the patch installed prior to installing it with the GME. 

@dimitrius154 I had another mechanics-related quandary.  Have you noticed that the Shadow Warrior's Scything Sweep has the following modification:

Knockback - Increases the chance to knock opponents back. If they tumble against additional opponents they will inflict damage upon impact. 

However, looking at the scripts, this mod is just plain old knockback ("et_chance_knockback"), which AKAIK doesn't cause additional damage when opponents collide.

So, I think there are a few possibilities here:

1) "et_chance_knockback" in fact always causes additional damage, and no one ever noticed or documented it. 

2) There's something special about Scything Sweep (perhaps eiStateName = "cSMSKLiberation",) that makes knockback inflict additional damage.

3) The tooltip is just wrong, and the mod only causes knockback, nothing more. It's possible they intended an effect like the Dwarf's Recoil that was not implemented in the end. It's even possible they got this mechanic confused with that of "et_hurl_enemy", but I doubt it since Hurl actually has its own separate mod in Scything Sweep and also requires the opponent to die first.

14 hours ago, Flix said:

If they tumble against additional opponents they will inflict damage upon impact.

It's a tooltip error. The collision mechanics, both ragdoll throwing and damage, require the non-zero "BONUS_HURL_ENEMY" on the thrower. However, it's such a badly written non-discriminating damage dealer(there's no friend-or-foe block, until the ragdoll movement stops COMPLETELY, it inflicts huge damage against those it hits), that I've cut out the original damage mechanics completely, while keeping the ragdoll throwing. In the Addendum, the "BONUS_HURL_ENEMY" is a combo bonus of 100% ragdoll throwing(throw strength is dictated by the bonus value) and bonus/5 chance of Area of Effect upon initial weapon/spell strike against the target in question.

• Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, Charon117 said:

Feature request to make potion spamming diminishing returns 20% with a low cap of 1%, and a 30 seconds stack time.

You might try increasing this number in balance.txt:

PotionHealCooldown = 500,

This is the 5 second cooldown in vanilla.

In EE it's 7s, Challenge Mode has 10s. So if you wanted 30s you might set the value to 3000.

11 minutes ago, Flix said:

You might try increasing this number in balance.txt:

PotionHealCooldown = 500,

This is the 5 second cooldown in vanilla.

In EE it's 7s, Challenge Mode has 10s. So if you wanted 30s you might set the value to 3000.

It does nothing. There is no noticeable effect on coodlown for health potions. Maybe it goes down from 90% to 50%, but 2 health potions usually always heal everything. What needs to be done is to lower the low cap for health potions to 1%. And the other things I said.

4 hours ago, Charon117 said:

Feature request to make potion spamming diminishing returns 20% with a low cap of 1%, and a 30 seconds stack time.

Hmm, is that to combat common potion spamming tactics? 

I've taken a different approach, instead of nerfing potions(or blacksmithing skill for the purpose of more outgoing characters):

1. All sellable items have treir selling price divided by a factor of 10, with the low cap at 1 gold. 

2. Reworked what I believe to be a badly designed set of potion drop entries, which resulted in ridiculous amounts of potions being dropped. There are MUCH less now.

3. A lot more various potions are available at shops, but their price is now signficantly higher.

4. Blacksmithing prices have been jacked up, while the price drop from blacksmithing skill is now much lower.

5. The amount of gold received from drops has been greatly decreased.

These measures are expected to serve as a heavy gold sink, discouraging slot machine tactics for blacksmithing and potion spamming for combat. Also there should be fewer 'Rothshilds' with gazzilions of gold around.

Edited by dimitrius154

@dimitrius154 Thats a good way to deal with it, I think. EE should definitely take one or another approach of dealing with health potion spamming, imho.

Btw if somebody finds some interesting new concepts or improvements I volunteer to try them out first, if its something I can easily change in my own files.

Edited by Charon117
4 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Reworked what I believe to be a badly designed set of potion drop entries, which resulted in ridiculous amounts of potions being dropped. There are MUCH less now.

Somewhat related to this... have you any way of identifying the assignments of the various mgr.createDroppattern entries? Very few have a name commented in, so it's hard to tell which drop patterns are being assigned to which droppers.

32 minutes ago, Flix said:

have you any way of identifying the assignments of the various mgr.createDroppattern entries?

Yes,

Drop patterns are eligible for the current drop, if they match the constraints set by two parameters ''inittype" and "dangerclass", where "inittype" has to be an exact match and "dangerclass" is a minimum threshold.

Dangerclass is set via creatures.txt, while inittype is determined by several functions in s2logic.dll. One for monster kill drop, one for merchants, and eleven more for other drop types.

• Thanks! 1

Thanks for the info. I assume dangerclass in quest.txt serves a similar function for quest rewards?

Changing subjects, I've been investigating more bonuses in blueprint.txt.  You'll remember that the Dryad's Sinister Predator buff gives Attack Speed and Attack Value boost for ranged weapons.  However, looking at the actual bonuses, they are as follows:

newBonus = {
--  name = "bb_attackspeed_weapon_dist",
  rating = 0,
  basedonskill = "SKILL_INVALID",
  type = "BONUS_SPEED",
  spez = "SPEED_ATTACK",
  spez2 = "SUBFAM_PRI_LONGBOW",
  usagebits = 65535,
  minconstraints = {0,0,0},
}
mgr.createBonus(544, newBonus);

newBonus = {
--  name = "bb_AW_rel_dist",
  rating = 0,
  type = "BONUS_COMBATVALUE_REL",
  spez = "CBTVAL_ATTACK",
  spez2 = "SUBFAM_PRI_LONGBOW",
  usagebits = 65535,
}
mgr.createBonus(545, newBonus);

That spez2 value is concerning, it seems to imply that the boost would only take effect for weapons with the Longbow subfamily in itemtype.txt.

I looked to the Temple Guardian's Combat Alert for guidance, because that buff grants an Attack Value boost for melee weapons.  However, it is set up differently:

newBonus = {
--  name = "bb_aw_rel_cc",
  rating = 0,
  type = "BONUS_COMBATVALUE_REL",
  spez = "CBTVAL_ATTACK_CC",
  spez2 = "",
  usagebits = 65535,
}
mgr.createBonus(571, newBonus);

It has its own special spez just for melee, for which the Dryad's bonuses have no ranged equivalent.

I tried testing Sinister Predator and the values are visible in the Sigma bonus list simply as additional "Attack Speed" and "Attack Value" bonuses (they use the same strings in global.res as normal Attack and Attack Speed).  I have not yet tested to see if the values properly apply to Shortbows, Throwing Weapons, or Blowpipes, however I'm almost certain they won't. 

What do you think?

3 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, for now the only viable solution is to turn Sinister Predator into a general issue attack and speed increasing buff.

Fair enough. I think I will edit the bonuses themselves rather than change the spell tokens, so that the strings in the tooltip remain.

• 2 weeks later...

Something that may be worth looking into regarding Energy Shields.

The Warding Energy Lore skill supposedly increases the Absorption Warding Energy X% value for shields, but this doesn't seem to actually function. 

I thought maybe it was increasing Block Warding Energy instead (the flat damping value) because the number itself is a flat value. But that is likewise not changed, judging by the tooltips.  It seems like if it were increasing either property, it would update dynamically, the same way it does with Tactics Lore (TG) or Revered Technology Lore (seraphim).

I only checked CA tooltips and character sheet bonuses to see if the values increased (they did not) I didn't actually test it in battle.

Shield Energy % and Shield Regeneration (mastery) properties are confirmed working, but it seems like this is all this skill does?

Forgive the D2F terminology. It's the Energy Shield Mitigation line below:

1335006971_sacred22019-12-3117-46-36-29.jpg.de539f732718df6fabe3b18bfb19fe7e.jpg

4 hours ago, Charon117 said:

No, wait for me. I need to finish the modmerging system first.

No problem, I've got to fix all armor sets(60% complete), resolve all issues with mounting/dismounting animations(50 complete) and there's some code changing to do. 

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Appreciation 1
10 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

OK, the "unique weapons = unique models" endeavor is complete. That's around 135 new models added.

A worthy change. Something I attempted in EE but not to the same extent - I simply made sure no two uniques were alike. Let's see some pics!

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Let's see some pics!

A quick whip up. Actual appearance differs a bit due to a different dominant damage element, as well as positioning shown is incorrect for the halberd  - I have to resort to model substitution to make some quick screenshots

[EDIT]: I've long struggled with the unfortunate limitations of content upload. Why is it, that I'm allowed to upload only 2 megabytes? Also, the image upload interface does not seem to support the https protocol, while every major portal out there generates https links.:crazy:

Edited by dimitrius154
31 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

[EDIT]: I've long struggled with the unfortunate limitations of content upload. Why is it, that I'm allowed to upload only 2 megabytes? Also, the image upload interface does not seem to support the https protocol, while every major portal out there generates https links.:crazy:

Yes, thats a very frustrating limitation. Every time somebody wants to upload a fullscreen image they have to compress it with an image processing software.

I always thought this was to save space on the servers. But thats not the only drawbacks the forum has. Just one of them.

24 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

I always thought this was to save space on the servers.

That's the reasoning given yes.  Both the wiki, the downloads section, and the forums have very small file size limits.

I'd recommend using an image host like Imgur and copying the link over.  Pasting a link to an image displays it in the post.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured