Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

Gorgeous, absolutely brilliant work... I cant get enough of looking at the weps...and you're right Androdion, the boneslicer looks like something...but from where? I especially like the way the grey metal is forming the blade... maybe Valerian?

Kullgard's Taskwatch: reminds me of a Faberge Egg made to kill!

:D

gogo

• Haha 1

I noticed something today.  The Shadow Warrior's Killing Spree has a bronze mod that gives Damage of Enraged Players ("et_wounded_rage") but it is missing the threshold for max damage token ("et_wounded_thold") that all other such spells have paired with it.

This could mean two things:

1) The max damage bonus isn't reached until the Shadow Warrior reaches 1% health (or runs out of hitpoints). I don't really see a problem with this, and I even kind of like the idea of making all wounded rage spells act like this (more like Sacred 1 mechanics).

OR

2) The max damage bonus is delivered right away, even at 100% health.  This would qualify as a bug. 

I've been busy at work so haven't had a chance to test, just thought you might want to take a look.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 1:29 PM, Flix said:

I noticed something today.  The Shadow Warrior's Killing Spree has a bronze mod that gives Damage of Enraged Players ("et_wounded_rage") but it is missing the threshold for max damage token ("et_wounded_thold") that all other such spells have paired with it.

I ran some tests on this today.  At 100% health there is no damage bonus, as expected.  The Shadow Warrior's damage inflicted continued to scale upwards until he died from his wounds.  The results seem to suggest that without "et_wounded_thold" there is simply no threshold to the damage bonus.  In other words max damage is applied at <1% health.

On 1/31/2020 at 1:53 AM, Charon117 said:

I see an "Extra" folder in your game. Care to explain what it is about ?

It's an extra mod on top of the Addendum, the one I play(ahem, will play. I haven't played any game in a year).

The Shadow Warrior becomes a strictly Dark Side daemon-infused undead(actually, I don't recall such a concept in movies, might be a fresh one - a necromatic ritual goes awry, a demon sees the ritual as an entry to realspace, tries to possess the undead, but the dead one's will prevails, so instead of possession, there's a fusion).

The Inquisitor becomes a Testa-worshipping T-Mutant(there's a coherent backstory behind, in fact explaining, as to why he would poison his colleague in the first place much better.)

21 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

Nice. You dont mention this in the OP, it might be good to.

Some time in the future. 

Oh, two more features:

Characters can have up to 20 skills.

As the appropriate skills are developed, Combat Arts can have up to 6 modifications.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • 2 weeks later...

really great improvements. Unbelievable work :thumbsupsmiley:

Just two things I disagree with, and I read Flix' statement here:

On 4/3/2018 at 4:24 PM, Flix said:

So a spellcaster can't modify those combat arts without investing in a skill which gives no other benefit?

I agree with this argument. I wouldn't want to play a version where I need another skill just to improve that one CA  even though we won't buff and use the other CAs of the Aspect and not really utilize the skill (normally in a spellcaster build)....

Also vice versa, it wouldn't be fun if just one of your weapon based aspect CAs is a spell and doesn't profit fully or needs an extra skill (like Ancient Lore) ... So... this is just not so cool, imo.

The changes are really honorful and sound well thought out, but in Sacred2 everything the developers decided originally has reasons, too, and the designs should be treated with a bit of tolerance against (your/our) common rpg-knowledge.

Just wanted to add my two cents now, after having read through the first page long ago already.

--

2nd: I generally want to express disagree with having to...  remake chars. It's a turn off. And I don't think I have to go into detail here..  (I also know you don't have if you don't want the extra stuff...)

Just letting that stand here one time.

--

and now back to fanboy mode. :drinks:

I hope you see my two cents as appreciation and taking time to write out my thoughts fully.

Thanks for the patch.

Keep it up!

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, Thert said:

I agree with this argument. I wouldn't want to play a version where I need another skill just to improve that one CA  even though we won't buff and use the other CAs of the Aspect and not really utilize the skill (normally in a spellcaster build)....

Oh, Tactics Lore? Well, this one affects all weapons, Magic Staves included(which is a staple weapon for the High Elf). Also, after analyzing the function responsible for the lore skill effects on spells, I'm wondering whether weapon-based spell damage output is even affected by any CA aspect lore skill.

5 hours ago, Thert said:

I generally want to express disagree with having to...  remake chars. It's a turn off. And I don't think I have to go into detail here..  (I also know you don't have if you don't want the extra stuff...)

Can't be helped. Savegames contain quest states, spell repertoire upon char creation, model pathing for items in inventory. When extensive changes are made, the only viable course is a full char reset. 

On 2/16/2020 at 9:26 AM, dimitrius154 said:

Oh, Tactics Lore? Well, this one affects all weapons, Magic Staves included(which is a staple weapon for the High Elf). Also, after analyzing the function responsible for the lore skill effects on spells, I'm wondering whether weapon-based spell damage output is even affected by any CA aspect lore skill.

Not sure if my my point was understood: The point was basically what I quoted in my previous post (from flix, from page1) ... the point was that you improve for instance the Aspect of the Capricious Hunter (Dryad), with the idea of improving weapons and perhaps a Weapon-Based Character Build:

Capricious Hunter and Tactics Lore improve that aspect.

The idea is that both Skills also improve the CAs. (Well the Focus as always only the possible level and regeneration)

Now I.e. if you change the DD-CA to be a spell... half of the CAs' Damage in the Aspect are improved by Tactics Lore (here: Ravaged Impact and Darting Assault), and then this Dust-CA is not (just modifiers are being enabled by the skills...). You would need to take ANOTHER skill to improve damage for ONLY THIS ONE CA... while maybe you would want a Skill that improves your general direction (your whole build idea), for instance: A certain weapon skill. (...) (Instead it should be improved by Tactics Lore - which is "responsible" for the Damage in this Aspect).

^ that's the main point. (And Ascaron adressed that point even though their balance here and there wasn't correct.)

Then I said in addition to that, that Sacred 2 has a weird personal design in separating the Spells into three Aspects:

While I agree with your overall design goal... (Of course a spell should be improved by spell damage factors like Ancient Lore and stuff and I weapon based attacks should be improved by the correspondant factors)...

it would change up Sacred2 too much, and doesn't fit into its original design (the design Goal of Ascaron was to have the choice of either improving 1 aspect, or 2, or 3) and all skills would improve the CAs in the Aspect, improving their Damage (or other Values). Without having to use an Extra skill just to increase only ONE CA of that aspect (as talked about earlier).

Can't be helped. Savegames contain quest states, spell repertoire upon char creation, model pathing for items in inventory. When extensive changes are made, the only viable course is a full char reset.

I understand. So the design goal maybe (looking at already existing CM patches and people playing it) should be that people wouldn't have to start from scratch,IMO... Just like in a real game. It's not a Beta phase or something, but a set game. I personally don't have the time to relevel characters to the point where I am now. That being said it's totally fun of course (but as always that should be personal choice)

= just as a design goal suggestion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- - - Some final notes in general  (that can apply to everything in the future)

The people I know generally like the original game. But not the bugs in it.

So a community patch should not change the original game too much, but rather improve it (the improvement is everything I read in previous CM patches, from adding a Multiplayer Isle, to buffing weak Builds, to adding alternatives, to adding new Items, to fixing mounting-up (just examples)). Otherwise it's a turn off and rather a previous version will be played.

I totally respect and appreciate modifications of any kind, but those that do change it up... (not pointing at this one, but to write it one time...) ought label it as seperate modification or a modification that alters alot... (the extreme would be a so called Total Conversion Mod), which ought to be totally optional to say a Bug-Fix-and-Include-MP-features-and-many-optional-items=the earlier CM-patches Modification. The key word is optionality

Thanks for reading.:big_boss:

Edited by Guest

Bought the game when it first came out, I was kinda still in high school back then.

I'm really grateful that there are people out there that care so much about the game and modded it and shared it to everyone .

The ARPG landscape has changed a lot those days, lots of interesting mechanics that made combat and building  interesting.

Sacred2 aged well,  its graphics and levels are still relevant those days, its game mechanics, not so much.

Sacred2's mod should definitely be more progressive and implement some of the coolest sh**t around the block.

Sacred2's sets feel really underwhelming.  5 pieces completion bonus should give something more powerful like a new skill or a new buff.   Sets should give consistent bonus like deathblow,deep woulds,stun for melee sets, magic damage boost, combat range boost, secondary effect boost to magic builds etc. As you have too many + skills + combat arts jewelry in the late game, sets should focus more on style and unique mechanics than skills or combat arts boost.

Divine gifts should definitely be reworked, lots of them are currently just cosmetic,  a lot like apocalypse form...lol,  I used to think sakkari demon was cool, now I see it as a giant rabbit with blur filters on.

More skills is definitely fun!!  That will of course diversify the build scene so you actually have to think about how to make builds than just socket all the right jewelry.

% leech should definitely be removed from the game, this is such a broken mechanic that kills all the weapons without it.

A transmogrify system would be really dope, but I hear that it's really difficult to implement given the tools available so  yeah......

That's just how much I could think of now , and thanks again to all the modders out there that make this game awesome after so many years.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, after analyzing the function responsible for the lore skill effects on spells, I'm wondering whether weapon-based spell damage output is even affected by any CA aspect lore skill.

Hi Dimitrius,

In the standard game,  tested this ingame now for both Types (Spell in a weapon-dominated-aspect; and Weapon-Based-CA in a Spell-dominated-Aspect):

a) Dust Devil: On my Dryad I could test: As far spell in ia weapon-aspect goes: DD's Damage is affected by the aspect Lore Skill: Tactic's Lore.

b) Spectral Hand: On a test Shadow Warrior I could test: As far as the weapon-based "Spell-Aspects" go: I didn't have experience here, but for YOU I tested the Shadow Warrior's SH:

Astral Lord Lore will increase both aspects of the damage...

- its spell damage (without weapon equipped)

- its weapon based bonus damage (so the additional damage) the additional damage is increased by the Lore. (I certainly calculated both seperated damage parts and checked each's new values after increasing the Lore skill)

FYI Tactic*s Lore won't increase the CA's Damage. in other words works completely like a Spell despite being weapon based and allows for a spell-caster-build of what the lore skills offer.

So with all due Respect I'd like to summarize: The default game design works just well here (as intended) (again without a word about balance).

very respectfully Thert

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Thert said:

FYI Tactic*s Lore won't increase the CA's Damage.

Ahh, interesting. Another applicable skill check. Very well, I'm reverting that change. Wait a minute, what makes you think it doesn't?

Edited by dimitrius154

I believe this to be a minor typo with the bonuses assigned to the small red dragons (both normal and elite):

mgr.addCreatureBonus( 500, {bonus = 55, intensity = 300,     })

mgr.addCreatureBonus( 501, {bonus = 55, intensity = 390,     })

55 is "Xcrbonus_prone_phy", it should be 56 "Xcrbonus_prone_ice", in keeping with other dragons' vulnerability to ice damage.  The green small dragons don't have this issue.

• Thanks! 1

Some observations / bugs:

I believe the Dragon Mage's "Familiar" is supposed to be the itemtype = 10261, "models/npc/monsters/dragonpet/h_dragonpet.GR2",

Right now it's just a clone of the small red dragon opponents.

The High Elf's Fire Demon has an unfortunate casting animation for his fireball ("he_firemonkey_fireball"): he crouches quite low, meaning the fireball often hits the ground instead if there is even the slightest hill or slope.

I've tried some things to circumvent it: increasing the demon's model scale, changing the FX between "FX_GEN_FIREBALL1" and "FX_HE_FEUERBALL", and even adding "et_target_seeker".

Nothing really seemed to help. His fireballs keep crashing into the terrain unless it's perfectly flat or he's firing downhill.  He's doesn't have any alternative animations so I was considering just changing the spell to something else, like "enemy_firespiral" perhaps.  Any thoughts?

big_0046.jpg

6 hours ago, Flix said:

Some observations / bugs:

I believe the Dragon Mage's "Familiar" is supposed to be the Itemtype = 10261, "models/npc/monsters/dragonpet/h_dragonpet.GR2",

Right now it's just a clone of the small red dragon opponents.

The High Elf's Fire Demon has an unfortunate casting animation for his fireball ("he_firemonkey_fireball"): he crouches quite low, meaning the fireball often hits the ground instead if there is even the slightest hill or slope.

I've tried some things to circumvent it: increasing the demon's model scale, changing the FX between "FX_GEN_FIREBALL1" and "FX_HE_FEUERBALL", and even adding "et_target_seeker".

Nothing really seemed to help. His fireballs keep crashing into the terrain unless it's perfectly flat or he's firing downhill.  He's doesn't have any alternative animations so I was considering just changing the spell to something else, like "enemy_firespiral" perhaps.  Any thoughts?

Yes, he seems not to be so active and constantly messed up the only thing he does: tossing fireballs.

It would be great if we could use another animation,

but it's much better if we could have a different, much cooler character mesh like that of grim dawn's nemesis Valdaran----the Storm Scourge.

We might as well just name it the fire scourge. 

I will record a short video of the dryad's shaman pet (Aggro issues) and post it later this week.

• 2 weeks later...

@Flix As I rework the hero character animations, I've  come to the conclusion, that the High Elf's "spear weapon" animations have been shoddily implemented at the last moment. But then I had another Idea: since I've developed the dual-wield ability for the High Elf(animations too) which her only weapon-based CA, the Magic Coup, can make use of, is there any sense in keeping her able to use such a weapon type as polearms. She has no CA's, that could've utilized those weapons properly, unlike other hero chars having access to said weapon types.

IWhat's your opinion on the matter?

Edited by dimitrius154
3 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

What's your opinion on the matter?

I'm against the removal of Pole Arms for the High Elf.  Weapons in general aren't the primary focus for a High Elf but I would not want to see whatever variety and flavor that Pole Arms bring to table taken away from the High Elf. 

If that's too vague I will note that Pole Arms are her only available 2h melee weapon, unless you've unlocked 2h swords for her (feel free to do so). So they were nice to maximize weapon damage output with Magic Coup.

I'd rather see more weapon classes made available to the various characters, rather than the reverse. The exception would be if there's some compelling lore reason, like the Dryads abhorring T-Energy.

4 minutes ago, Flix said:

Pole Arms are her only available 2h melee weapon

5 minutes ago, Flix said:

So they were nice to maximize weapon damage output with Magic Coup

These points are valid, or rather, were, before the introduction of dual-wield. The High Elf is currently the only character capable of dual-wielding one-handed wands, which, given the Magic Coup mods, enables her do deal respectable damage - at range. The output outclasses any two-handed melee weapon(and I'm not even taking the property effect on spells into account).

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured