Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

9 hours ago, Flix said:

since there's only 1-10 for dangerclass.  Would "inittype" interfere with this if it was incorrect?

The upper constraint for both dangerclass and inittype is 255.

The findBestDropPattern function states that these two parameters are used as match constraints. From createDropResult function analysis I get the idea, that inintype means 'droplvl'. It's a drop level. And drop levels are derived from creature levels. Creature level +- 10, I guess.

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

The upper constraint for both dangerclass and inittype is 255.

The findBestDropPattern function states that these two parameters are used as match constraints. From createDropResult function analysis I get the idea, that inintype means 'droplvl'. It's a drop level. And drop levels are derived from creature levels. Creature level +- 10, I guess.

Wow. There's some real potential there to create customized drops for enemies then.

• Like! 1

@dimitrius154  Did you notice 12 taskcreatures in quest.txt have a "specialdrop" parameter?  These seem to refer directly to blueprint ID's and not taskitems.  Not sure if that is of any use for my purposes (if it's 100% drop chance) but it was interesting to discover.

22 minutes ago, Flix said:

@dimitrius154  Did you notice 12 taskcreatures in quest.txt have a "specialdrop" parameter?  These seem to refer directly to blueprint ID's and not taskitems.  Not sure if that is of any use for my purposes (if it's 100% drop chance) but it was interesting to discover.

I remember I had briefly looked at them.

Weren't they related to 'easteregg' drops like the fruit basket?

16 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Are you able to tell if the "expecttype" of a drop pattern is serving the same function as the "weightedprob" within drop lists, where higher values means the drop is less likely?

8 hours ago, Flix said:

if the "expecttype" of a drop pattern is serving the same function as the "weightedprob"

The expecttype is used in the rollDiceForDroplists function. I've read a bit into the dice -rolling probability theory. From the function analysis I am of opinion, that expecttype means "amount of sides for the dice used" with min being 1, and max used being 20, though I see no upper constraint for the max, save 255(variable type constraint).

Edited by dimitrius154

@dimitrius154  Just wanted to let you know, that using releasestage = 8, for a quest seems to prohibit the quest from appearing for Hardcore characters, regardless of the singleplayer/multiplayer mode used.  The value should probably be avoided as I am getting more than a few complaints about such quests not appearing and you are likely to as well on release.

• Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

@FlixIs that confirmed? I'm somewhat sceptical, more inclined to believe the ones reporting were not using fresh chars. Despite our explicit statements, that each mod iteration requires char wipeout.

Yes, it does happen with completely fresh chars in 2.4, no matter whether SP or MP chars btw.

On 6/7/2020 at 8:17 AM, Flix said:

@dimitrius154  Just wanted to let you know, that using releasestage = 8, for a quest seems to prohibit the quest from appearing for Hardcore characters, regardless of the singleplayer/multiplayer mode used.  The value should probably be avoided as I am getting more than a few complaints about such quests not appearing and you are likely to as well on release.

I have been fiddling with this quest and the releasestage, testing on 4 fresh Dryads = 2x SinglePlayer (SC+HC) + 2x MultiPlayer (SC+HC)

Releasestage = 31 (aka. full flags) removed the quest from both MultiPlayer instances but kept it on both SinglePlayer instances.

Haven't tried Releasestage = 9 (aka. 1001) yet.

6 hours ago, Flix said:

There's two multiplayer modes too.  Free Play and Campaign.

I know, but I haven't done testing all the possible flags yet and I would prefer not having it in MP rather than not having it in HC mode in.

I suppose you want to have the quest in MP but only in Campaign mode to avoid possible cheating?

Btw, what were the prerequisites for the 'Panem et Circenses' and '7 Rainy Days' quests?

Were they Campaign only? My memory is failing me here.

Edited by jwiz
5 hours ago, jwiz said:

So releasestage = 10 seems to be the more 'natural' for quest that you dont want to have in MP Free Play & PvP modes.

Thanks for the analysis, much appreciated.  I will utilize the findings in future releases.

5 hours ago, jwiz said:

Makes we wonder if it would be possible to have quests triggered just by entering a certain location.

Quests with the flag "questtype = 3," are called "reaching" quests, that are meant to trigger when the player sets foot on a defined spot on the map.

3 hours ago, Flix said:

Thanks for the analysis, much appreciated.  I will utilize the findings in future releases.

Quests with the flag "questtype = 3," are called "reaching" quests, that are meant to trigger when the player sets foot on a defined spot on the map.

Yes, I have seen these quest types.

But I'm rather thinking of 'hidden' quests that would use the releasestage = 22 (aka. no quest giver) like the silent boss spawn quests do, to have an NPC enemy, let's say a Demon Lord, spawn when the player enters a certain area.

These quests would have to be extended to a include a quest kill of said spawn and would be used to trigger a quest from some other NPC in the (wider) area.

The spawn quest itself would remain silent or would only showdlogonwin as "Somebody liked that!" but otherwise left the player in the dark until he/she stumbles upon the said NPC in the area.

Edited by jwiz
On 6/10/2020 at 9:09 PM, jwiz said:

trigger a quest from some other NPC in the (wider) area

sort of like the Diablo II UberQuest system. A tough Boss fight triggered by, say, a death of some frail-looking NPC.

• 3 weeks later...

While I've restored the two missing books, there's a third remaining blueprint 'book_anatomy_orcs' lacking title or content. I've taken the liberty of writing both:

Title:  Notes of Psychiatrist Chambers

Content: While I've encountered a fair share of disturbed individuals in my 14-year-long career at the Skullsberg Asylum, my current patient, Archaon Kirby, seems to be a hopeless case indeed. A former high-ranking Priest of Lumen of considerable wealth, he had developed an unhealthy habit of smoking narcotic spices, resulting in deteriorating mental faculty and an eventual state of severe paranoid delusion. At the time of being entrusted to our care, he was already clinically insane. He now spends his time constantly raving about the End Times and some One-Eyed King called Abishai. He also mumbles something about miniatures, about us all being chess pieces in a Great Game. My methods fail at treating him, I've got to consult my peers in Thylysium... 

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1

有人知道最新版本 CM160 的下载地址吗?我想要最新版本

Moderator Note : Hello please keep posts in English, I've translated this message for you

Does anyone know where to download the latest version of CM160? I want the latest version

:)

gpgp

• 2 weeks later...

The "Unique Mounts"  quest progress and dialogue strings make my eyes bleed. "Almost" literally. Especially in Russian.

[EDIT] Had just occured to me as to how dumb the "archaeologist" part looks like. Should be "investigator", or "whistleblower". Hmm, no, "explorer".

[EDIT] Global.res ID 0212150908. What was that? Breaking the fourth wall?)))

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Haha 1

@FlixDo you have an older CM patch quest.txt per chance? Somewhere around v1.40. A whole lot of taskitem blueprints have been set to 658(book) in 1.50. I'd like to restore the appelations to proper blueprint entries.

3 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

@FlixDo you have an older CM patch quest.txt per chance? Somewhere around v1.40. A whole lot of taskitem blueprints have been set to 658(book) in 1.50. I'd like to restore the appelations to proper blueprint entries.

I have all the 1.40 scripts at home.  Will be about 6 hours before I get back to them.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Will be about 6 hours before I get back to them.

I've got the needed quest.txt by unpacking the 2.65.1 patch executable. Around 250 taskitems were affected. Just in case, if the taskitem 1001 has a blueprintid = 658 in 1.40 quest.txt, then the oversight is older, then I used to think.

A sloppy job performed by some really drunk person is all I can think of - copying the same set of entries over 2 hundred times is absolutely illogical.

It's the second time I see something like that in the scripts. The previous instance was a set of over 30 saddle and horse tail entry clones.

• zomgod! 1
  • The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured