y = 93350.00,
    z = 0.00,
    layer = 0,
    orientation = 0.000,
  },
  blueprintid = 703,
  isbookitem = 1,
})

I'm a little taken aback at how radically the format of quest.txt changed in the CM Patch.  Huge swathes of code are removed.

Not really awake yet, was busy at firefighter till 7am.

sector ID + relative sector coordinates is what you get when mounted and typing:

^

print mountinfo

^

print sector  --- for the loaded sectors

Seems Sacred2 was planed with a mercenary in mind. Mountinfo says something about mercenary not found.

32 minutes ago, chattius said:

Seems Sacred2 was planed with a mercenary in mind. Mountinfo says something about mercenary not found.

That's correct. There's a slot for a mercenary type companion in the  savegame structure and save/load functions. However, hiring interface and functions are missing.

Also, due to what seems to be a positioning flaw of the engine itself, the party members would often be placed at the same coordinates upon game load.

After intergrating the core components of S2EE(sans new weaponry models and quest item rewards), and some consideration, I've decided to make Set jewelry pieces available as parts of their respective Sets while in the forged state. 

[EDIT] Done.

Due to balancing reasons almost all chance-based spell tokens are now unaffected by lore skills.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1

@Flix 

If you don't mind, I'd like to add the extra weapon and shield models to rare item roster. I'll have to rework the models a bit, mostly due to extra bones I've introduced for ranged weapons. 

And one last item of note:

My extra variation of the Addendum contains the extension of available skills progression up to 20, with the final one received upon reaching level 150. The max spell modifications is upped to 6, but to  get all six of them, all the appropriate skills have to be at level 199.

I'm seriously considering porting this to the main mod. In your opinion, would that be an acceptable, or a bad addition?

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

My extra variation of the Addendum contains the extension of available skills progression up to 20, with the final one received upon reaching level 150. The max spell modifications is upped to 6, but to  get all six of them, all the appropriate skills have to be at level 199.

I'm seriously considering porting this to the main mod. In your opinion, would that be an acceptable, or a bad addition?

Answering as a player:

Sounds unbalanced, but I haven't seen it in practice.  So long as challenge is maintained and the player doesn't become a walking cheat code, it shouldn't matter.  It has the potential for more variety and customization, which is a good thing.

Answering as a modder:

The modifications thing would break several mutually exclusive mods in EE and D2F, so really I think it depends on if you intend for Addendum to be a base that can support other mods or not (or else if you'd ever be willing to make future adjustments to allow compatibility).  As it stands, it's looking like the Addendum has already changed the landscape so radically it's probably going to just have to be its own beast.  I can't see my mods working on top of it without me submitting a laundry list of change requests.

If you don't mind, I'd like to add the extra weapon and shield models to rare item roster. I'll have to rework the models a bit, mostly due to extra bones I've introduced for ranged weapons. 

I don't mind that, so long as you don't mind if I do the same for the new item models from Addendum.

35 minutes ago, Flix said:

I don't mind that, so long as you don't mind if I do the same for the new item models from Addendum.

Goes without saying.

44 minutes ago, Flix said:

Sounds unbalanced, but I haven't seen it in practice.  So long as challenge is maintained and the player doesn't become a walking cheat code, it shouldn't matter.

We'll see. It is a final code change I'm introducing, done in part due to me trying to minimize diffrences between the main mod and the extra addon.

@Flix The jagged-hoplon shield surface entry is present in surface.txt but the textures are missing. Could you, please, upload those?

The textures titled "jagged-sun-disc" are the only ones that ever made it into the mod.  What I should have done (and what I recommend) is to change the "jagged-hoplon" surface entry to use the sun disc textures.

If you want both variants though I found the textures: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eXTiRzTLwzArmSL_dX8xqwb05dufWO5b/view?usp=sharing

You would need to create a new itemtype for it however.

• Thanks! 1

If you want I can play test and check for balance. Will have some weekends at volunteer firefighters as dispatcher and in corona times the number of calls is quite low. No discotheques, no parties so the number of car crashes is near zero nowadays.

• Thanks! 1
21 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

@FlixThe Black Legion Axe model is badly broken, a lot of flipped polygons. I'm replacing it with a reworked model I've got from Sketchfab.

Probably wouldn't hurt to scale up the size a bit as well.

On 7/19/2020 at 8:27 PM, dimitrius154 said:

По моему мнению 20 навыков будут лишними, во-первых, мало вариантов персонажей, которым необходимо такое количество, во-вторых, это лишит индивидуальности каждый билд. Оптимальным будет увеличение навыков до 12, добавится вариативность прокачки, но все еще нужно будет выбирать что тебе нужно, а не брать бездумно все подряд, с мыслью что все равно навыков хватит. 
6 модификаций заклинаний напротив, выглядит интересно. И позволит персонажу развиваться и получать небольшое усиление на высоких уровнях.

In my opinion, 20 skills will be superfluous, firstly, there are few options for characters who need such a number, and secondly, this will deprive each build of individuality. An increase in skills to 12 will be optimal, the variability of pumping will be added, but you still need to choose what you need, and not take everything thoughtlessly, with the thought that there will still be enough skills.
6 spell modifications, on the other hand, looks interesting. And it will allow the character to develop and receive a slight boost at high levels.

2 hours ago, BRSamael said:

In my opinion, 20 skills will be superfluous, firstly, there are few options for characters who need such a number, and secondly, this will deprive each build of individuality.

If we take S1 as an example, each character had access to 15 skills, while able to acquire up to 8 by level 50. In Sacred 2 each char has access to at least 24 skills, while being able to acquire up to 10 by level 65.

8/15*24 ~= 13. However, bargaining and smithing become that much more important in the Addendum, as do lore skills. Enemies and bosses become tougher. Potions become scarce.

The skill acquisition progression itself is extended to character level 150. 

I'll take the feedback into consideration, of course. It's a beta after all. Unlike CM Patch itself, no dedicated team had tested the Addendum. Bugs, imbalanced gameplay and oversights are to be expected. 

I was thinking about the 6 modifications thing.  I think the spell tokens "et_boost_to_buff" / "et_is_buff" would not play nice with that change, especially since that token is often paired against a modification rendered useless by the change to buff (duration increase, cooldown reduction, etc.).  You'd probably have to rework the choices.

21 minutes ago, Flix said:

You'd probably have to rework the choices.

Let's see, there're 3 vanilla CA's, that make use of the et_boost_to_buff:

sk_ap_geistform - Shadow Veil, in_po_doppelgaenger - Doppelgaenger, tw_cc_kampfaura -Combat Alert

In the Addendum:

The Shadow Veil has it replaced due to being way overpowered, the Doppelgaenger has it replaced for the same reason, since HC characters are now able to fully utilize the CA's rebirth feature and the companion becoming a veritable Inquisitor copy, the Combat Alert is paired against a mod, useful for a buff. 

Edited by dimitrius154

@Flix By the way, every single 'skill_enemy_lore' and 'skill_enemy_focus' entry in creatures.txt has an incorrect skill_id. The correct ids for the neaby skills are:

SKILL_DM_DRAGONMAGIC_FOCUS                58
SKILL_DM_COMMAND_FOCUS                    59
SKILL_DM_MENTALISM_FOCUS                  60
SKILL_DM_DRAGONMAGIC_LORE                 61
SKILL_DM_COMMAND_LORE                     62
SKILL_DM_MENTALISM_LORE                   63
SKILL_ENEMY_LORE                          64
SKILL_ENEMY_FOCUS                         65

Not to mention, that a slew of creature entries do not have the 'skill_enemy_focus'. I'm in the process of fixing the issue.

Edited by dimitrius154

Thanks for the tip.  What is the result of the incorrect skill ID's in practice?  I know the DM skills work obviously, even though they have skill ID = 0, so what's the practical function of the ID's?

Also, isn't enemy_focus pointless since NPC's disregard CA regeneration time completely?  I noticed the lack a while back and decided it wasn't worth correcting due to lack of function.

4 minutes ago, Flix said:

What is the result of the incorrect skill ID's in practice? 

Can't say. There's a difference between the playable characters and the NPC's as to the skill acquisition method. The best way would be to give some test subject toughness with an improper id and check it's damage reception.

7 minutes ago, Flix said:

Also, isn't enemy_focus pointless since NPC's disregard CA regeneration time completely?

They do. I'm not sure as to whether their CA levels are affected.

@Flix 

The instances of "et_mult_weapondamage" increasing damage output by (100 + a/100)% are tied to EiState "cSMZealhit". I can attest that the formula is  (a/100)% for, at least, SpellClass "cSpellInqPranger". If the output is not to be affected, the "et_mult_weapondamage" can be safely removed.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Thanks! 1

@Flix

One more(I think the last one) item of note - quests. You've added unique items as rewards. This is a considerable incentive to complete quests, but there's a catch - Sacred 2 items scale with the difficulty level. There's no point in completing Bronze, since Silver item stats would be better anyways.

There's an alternative difficult, or extensive quests should be rewarded with attribute and/or skill points. That does mean, those have to be excluded from some Multiplayer modes. Then again, those modes are kinda not quest-related.

I've found an adequate way to alert a player to the significance of an attribute/skill rewarding quest. I wonder if the entire concept is worthy. What is your opinion?  

@Flix

I've managed to code-in a display of attribute and skill point rewards to the quest task texts and the quest journal.

I now think "some" of the quest state quirks are due to to failure to apply the proper quest NPC state modifications. For example, the debtors in the usurer quest do not have the proper over-head symbols. I'm going to try and correct those issues.[EDIT] Not a glitch, but the result of some quest dialog solutions.

I'm also interested, as to whether we have a list of buggy quests(the quest NPC keep spawning after the quest completion, for instance). Also, do you have a Light-aligned char with a complete list of side-quests for the current difficulty?

Edited by dimitrius154
  • The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured