Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

40 minutes ago, Flix said:

What quests did you have in mind?

I'm thinking about the final parts of chain quests. It's that I can't properly determine the correct amount of points for rewards. I consider using a choice of 1 - 3 points by the way of 2 6-sided dice rolls.

18 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

I'm also interested, as to whether we have a list of buggy quests(the quest NPC keep spawning after the quest completion, for instance). Also, do you have a Light-aligned char with a complete list of side-quests for the current difficulty?

I have a Dragon Mage who has done all light quests in Silver and also, I believe, Platinum.  He has unlocked all difficulties so you will likely be able to trigger the "extra quest companions" bug quite easily with him.  I will upload Dr. Manhattan in a few hours when I get home from work.

As for the complete list, I've seen numerous quest companions join up inappropriately.  Most common is Zymun, from the Runemaster tutorial.  I've also seen Botanist Aratan from one of the tree-planting quests on Dyr-Lain.

• Thanks! 1

Excellent. Let the bombard... er, analysis commence! 

Right from the start, there's something strange with the "VIPs in Ancaria" quest sequence, not to mention, that as a darksider I somehow never got the "You... cannot... pass...".

[EDIT] I see. Quest ID 1797, reservedforpath = 1  - no reason for the flag I can fathom, the quest is not used as a prerequisite anywhere. 

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1

For the interested modders: changing a chain quest availability conditions is not quite retroactive. You have to remove the quest entry in quest.txt and resave the test character before applying changes to conditions, if you expect things to work properly.

The proper determination of attribute and/or skill point reward for chain quests seems unattainable. Therefore, I'm going to use a digital dice roll simulation as the arbitrator with the following guidelines:

9-sided dice roll - chance to get both attribute and skill points. value = 5.
9-sided dice roll interval - chance to get attribute points. value <= 4.
9-sided dice roll interval - chance to get skill points. value >= 6.
9-sided dice roll for each stage of n-1 chain quest stages - amount of points given. value = 5. If stages >= 5, min value  = 2. 
At least 1 attribute or skill point is guaranteed per each chain quest with n-2 stages.

• Like! 1
On 7/29/2020 at 12:29 AM, Flix said:

I've seen numerous quest companions join up inappropriately

I no longer detect those, but it may be a coincidence.

One more thing: if you don't mind, I'd like to utilize several reworked NPC models from D2F as replacements for boss level enemies, that have generic models.

The Evocator - Arcane_Horror.GR2 reworked with altered textures and a visual_fx.

Mazzagon Bodyguard - a_helve@Leoni.gr2 with some reworked textures.

Sorcerer Mankaul - pride_demon.gr2 with reworked texture and a visual_FX.

Sheik Yerbouty - v_skelett-general@archlich.gr2 reworked(Terus model is not generic per se, but still).

On 8/2/2020 at 3:39 PM, dimitrius154 said:

I no longer detect those, but it may be a coincidence.

One more thing: if you don't mind, I'd like to utilize several reworked NPC models from D2F as replacements for boss level enemies, that have generic models.

The Evocator - Arcane_Horror.GR2 reworked with altered textures and a visual_fx.

Mazzagon Bodyguard - a_helve@Leoni.gr2 with some reworked textures.

Sorcerer Mankaul - pride_demon.gr2 with reworked texture and a visual_FX.

Sheik Yerbouty - v_skelett-general@archlich.gr2 reworked(Terus model is not generic per se, but still).

Should be fine. Pesmontis put in a lot of work on many of those so it might be nice to credit him.

I want to ask the author, after I installed this mod, the skill UI has really become larger,but my level has reached 166,
and there are only 10 skills that I can learn, which has nothing to do with my modifying the "balance" file?

5 hours ago, Gakaduo said:

and there are only 10 skills that I can learn, which has nothing to do with my modifying the "balance" file?

The currently posted Alpha version does not contain the 20 skills feature. You'd have to wait for the Beta to make use of it. 

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

The currently posted Alpha version does not contain the 20 skills feature. You'd have to wait for the Beta to make use of it. 

Oh ! So it is, Thank you for your answer !

So, the beta version needs to wait ?

Thank you!:)

Большое спасибо за труд, Дмитрий. Дождался, буду тестировать) Но все еще очень прошу пересмотреть (или как альтернативу второй ссылкой) количество навыков. 20 это СЛИШКОМ МНОГО. Если с изменениями мода ранее малоиспользуемые навыки стали намного актуальнее, то ограничте 15. По вашему посту выше, по формуле Sacred 1, должно быть около 13 навыков, ну и еще 2 для общих. Также это исправит ИМХО очень неприятный внешне раздутый вширь интерфейс, т.к. он по вертикали вмещает именно 15 навыков. Если же вы все таки настаиваете именно на 20 навыках, то хотя бы поправьте, пожалуйста, таблицу с навыками так, чтобы их было по 10 штук в 2 столбца.

Thank you very much for your work, Dmitry. I waited, I will test) But I still very much ask you to reconsider (or as an alternative with a second link) the number of skills. 20 is TOO MUCH. If, with the changes in the mod, previously underused skills have become much more relevant, then limit 15. According to your post above, according to the Sacred 1 formula, there should be about 13 skills, well, 2 more for general ones. It will also fix IMHO a very unpleasant outwardly bloated interface, tk. it vertically contains exactly 15 skills. If you still insist on exactly 20 skills, then at least correct, please, the table with skills so that there are 10 of them in 2 columns.

6 minutes ago, BRSamael said:

If you still insist on exactly 20 skills, then at least correct, please, the table with skills so that there are 10 of them in 2 columns.

I've added that issue to my "to do once enough feedback is gathered" list. 

7 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

The Addendum Beta has been released, the thread's header - updated. 

You never stop, your work has continued for years now to never stop improving this game

.. Thanks Dimitrius!

:gogo:
gogo

• Thanks! 1

Dear Dmitriy,

this addendum mod is quite catchy, so I have downloaded it and gave it a go through the GME. The game runs normally, but in menu I do not see models of my previous heroes, although I see the list of heroes and can load them. After loading, in game, the hero is invisible. I see the interface, hero icon modified, and the terrain, but not the hero. Also, when I try to create new character, the game CTDs. I have tried the game with CP 1.60 right before trying your mod and it went smoothly. Help if you can! :)

With best wishes!

• Like! 1
21 minutes ago, skanatov said:

The game runs normally, but in menu I do not see models of my previous heroes, although I see the list of heroes and can load them.

Looks like the mod activation via GME somehow went awry. Most likely the graphics27.zip does not get activated. I'ts either graphics27.zip is missing from the GME Addendum's pak folder, or you have some other mod with the graphics27.zip file, that's interfering with the Addendum.

• Like! 1
39 minutes ago, contra said:

Any clues? more tips? Where can I receive this Quest?

First you finish the "Isla Ancar",  then you finish the "A Roof Over the Head" in the Blood Forest, the you return back to Isla Ancar.

Guess, I can't rely on quest text pointers.:wacko:

[EDIT] Methinks, you've tampered with quest.txt.

Edited by dimitrius154

What character do you recommend for a first-time playthrough?  I'm thinking Shadow Warrior or Inquisitor, since it looks like you changed those the most.

What all does the optional module change?

11 hours ago, Flix said:

What character do you recommend for a first-time playthrough? 

The Shadow Warrior is a solid choice.

11 hours ago, Flix said:

I'm thinking Shadow Warrior or Inquisitor, since it looks like you changed those the most.

Dryad CA's are almost unchanged mechanics-wise. The Seraphim has minimal alterations(Hmm, I forgot to mention the extra Seraphim glaive+shield set), as does the High Elf. The Shadow Warrior and the Inquisitor are modestly altered. The Temple Guardian and the Dragon Mage CA's are significantly altered.

11 hours ago, Flix said:

What all does the optional module change?

The Shadow Warrior becomes a demon, his CA's are significantly modified, his class chain-quest is slightly altered.

The Inquisitor becomes a T-Energy mutant, his CA's are significantly modified, his class chain-quest texts are modified a bit.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured