Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

Bug report: Afrit form aka Dragon form does not have third ability added by a gold mod for combat art. It only has blank slot.

Tested that by using blank level 200 characters.

UPD: created totally new fresh dragonmage char and have constant crashes or aplication freeze, when going north from Sloefor d, torreya brook

Torrey bridge CTD or Freeze1.png

Character save. Maybe Balor form (Berserk) cause this, idk. Temple Guardian passed this area just fine few times.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h8dy25hUeBKEhACm3t6sXv_AGtt9N4BA/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Nikoleagle
Update
4 hours ago, Nikoleagle said:

Tested that by using blank level 200 characters

Sadly, you can't use those for testing. Whatever CA's a playable charater can gain are defined in creatures.txt, the list is fixed and is stored within the savegame file. This very unfortunate savegame structure choice results in modders being unable to change available CA's without side effects.

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, Nikoleagle said:

totally new fresh dragonmage char and have constant crashes or aplication freeze,

Windows Application crash log is required to determine the cause, since I had no crash while passing the area with the save provided.

• Like! 1
13 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Windows Application crash log is required to determine the cause, since I had no crash while passing the area with the save provided.

added logs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vunZqqdyZM-XCPV4Aakn9bHti-jtgyIV/view?usp=sharing

Guess, I found precise scenario when it happens - leveling up in Balor form and does not rely on map location at all.  I was wrong with causation. Also, except crush or freeze while testing , I've got kicked once to main menu with connection lost (10)

Edited by Nikoleagle
Update, found pricise bug scenario
7 hours ago, Nikoleagle said:

Guess, I found precise scenario when it happens - leveling up in Balor form and does not rely on map location at all.

The crash points to some server-side improper memory access, and I've been unable to provoke it so far.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1

I've updated the mod archive again. Some extra code, that 'might' prevent CTD's.

@Nikoleagle The save itself appears to be broken somehow. Would you, please, create two new test Dragon Mage characters, with the fisrt starting from Bronze, the second - from Silver and see what develops?

• Like! 1
9 hours ago, contra said:

A same rare item, viewed by different characters, has different attributes. This occurs on some rare Amulet and Rings.

Yes, very interesting. Not different characters, but different classes though. The variations are stable and non-random. Seems like it's the effect of 'usagebits' on bonusgroups.

I think, I'll keep it as is.

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

I've updated the mod archive again. Some extra code, that 'might' prevent CTD's.

@Nikoleagle The save itself appears to be broken somehow. Would you, please, create two new test Dragon Mage characters, with the fisrt starting from Bronze, the second - from Silver and see what develops?

Of course - I just trying to reinstall game right know, so slightly later. It's downloading. And I also want to try with CM 160 only to exclude any doubts about issues from my side.

UPD: Clean game + CM160 DM in Berserk Form does not cause crushes or "connection lost 10" errors after leveling up.

With added Addendum I have crushes both at bronze and silver difficulty in Balor form. 

I also havenot mentioned that crush did not occur immediately, but feww seconds after crush. leveling UP seems stable while not using Balor form - no crushes

Save Files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12-Tq9v35AvmDIFK3F_dXWLY1nNF3_J1O/view?usp=sharing

windows aplications log entries: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AQBq7eR__82FWLgex4l5W8V_cgEEG3I9/view?usp=sharing

Maybe, that is still issue from my side, I'm not sure. Anyway, thanks for response ^^

Edited by Nikoleagle
Update
  • Thanks! 1
5 hours ago, Nikoleagle said:

Maybe, that is still issue from my side, I'm not sure.

No, it is not. Issue confirmed. It's occurrence condition is rather strange, so it cannot be immediately identiified.

[EDIT] Issue resolved, I think. The first release bug not caused by a typo. Mod archive updated. 

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1

朋友们好,如何使用额外的模块详细,如果可能的话,请解释具体的方法

如何安装额外?是否安装在 CM160 上?

Mod edit: Google translate - Hello friends, how to use additional modules in detail, if possible, please explain the specific method How to install extra? Is it installed on CM160?

18 hours ago, mabo2135581688 said:

朋友们好,如何使用额外的模块详细,如果可能的话,请解释具体的方法 (mod edit: google translate - Hello friends, how to use additional modules in detail, if possible, please explain the specific method)

Greetings! 

I order to answer your question I have to be certain, as to what is defined as additional modules. The "Extra" folder?

18 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

问候!

为了回答你的问题,我必须确定,什么被定义为额外的模块。"额外"文件夹?

是,如何使用额外的文件夹

Mod edit: google translate -

Regards! To answer your question, I must determine what is defined as an additional module. "Extra" folder?

Yes, how to use additional folders

7 minutes ago, mabo2135581688 said:

是,如何使用额外的文件夹

Depends on how you install the Addendum:

If you copy/paste it into Sacred 2 directory, then copy/paste "Extra" folder contents into Sacred 2 directory on top of the Addendum.

If you utlize the Mod manager, then copy/paste "Extra" folder into the Addendum mod directory.

17 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

取决于如何安装增编:

如果将其复制/粘贴到"神圣 2"目录中,则将"额外"文件夹内容复制/粘贴到增编顶部的神圣 2 目录中。

如果将 Mod 管理器进行 utlize,则将"额外"文件夹复制/粘贴到增编 mod 目录中。

是 2.2g 增编吗?我安装了 2.2g 覆盖, 然后覆盖了额外的文件夹, 并创建了新的角色游戏, 在游戏启动后闪回

Mod edit: google translate -

Depends on how you install the Addendum:

If you copy/paste it into Sacred 2 directory, then copy/paste "Extra" folder contents into Sacred 2 directory on top of the Addendum.

If you utlize the Mod manager, then copy/paste "Extra" folder into the Addendum mod directory.

Is it a 2.2g addendum? I installed 2.2g overlay, then overwrite the extra folder, and created a new role game, flashback after the game started

13 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

No, it is not. Issue confirmed. It's occurrence condition is rather strange, so it cannot be immediately identiified.

[EDIT] Issue resolved, I think. The first release bug not caused by a typo. Mod archive updated. 

Wow! amazing fix! it works!:neo:. Your mod patch  opens up a way to play melee based DM "werewolf" with full choice of skills, attributes and gear, rather then "meh, I'll just drop few + to combat arts and eat all runes" - the most interesting feature of the class, that was playable with CM160 but lacking a depth. 

UPD: About "extra" folder.

I thought, that was a leftover from older version of mod. Tried to install it and got same screen, as at the post above. 

UPDATE: Also found another CTD Bug trigger. It's relates to vendor armor tab. 

If player try to look with the cursor to a weapons at vendor's weapon tab and AFTER that do the same at an armor  tab - CTD occurs. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16DrKmWbs06cDaZ7DslOFru1EN_2QdpVr/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Nikoleagle
6 hours ago, Nikoleagle said:

If player try to look with the cursor to a weapons at vendor's weapon tab and AFTER that do the same at an armor  tab - CTD occurs. 

Hmm, I'm unable to reproduce the issue using the save provided. Some screenshots, or preferably a video describing the sequence leading to CTD might help.

[EDIT] The crash event log looks strange, however. The msvcr80.dll in question is supposed to reside in Sacred 2 "system" folder and be of version 8.00.50727.42. The one in the crash log resides in WinSxS and is of version 8.0.50727.9672.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1
2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, I'm unable to reproduce the issue using the save provided. Some screenshots, or preferably a video describing the sequence leading to CTD might help.

[EDIT] The crash event log looks strange, however. The msvcr80.dll in question is supposed to reside in Sacred 2 "system" folder and be of version 8.00.50727.42. The one in the crash log resides in WinSxS and is of version 8.0.50727.9672.

Spoiler

When I added previous post I've got crush few timees in a row. Know it's random. Some times occurr sometimes not

The difference in version of msvcr80.dll may be related by swapping locale files in EN_en with ones from Ru_ru, because GOG ver. does not support russian (used steam guide paragraphs 2 and 4, but excluded options.txt editing and register edits, because Idon't want to mess up settings https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=332302146). I'll restore normal eng locale files and will try again later

UPD: Yep,  looks like an issue with janky way to swap language in the GOG version of the game. I'll stick with eng version for further testing. Thanks!

I could install Akella's Fallen Angel + 2.40 patch + 2.43 patch + Akella's ice & blood + 2.65.2 patch, but I don't want, 'cause that will take half a day with my old dvd-rom.

Edited by Nikoleagle
13 minutes ago, Nikoleagle said:

The difference in version of msvcr80.dll may be related by swapping locale files in EN_en with ones from Ru_ru, because GOG ver. does not support russian.

I'm getting somewhat suspicious of the 'system' folder content for the CMP 1.60 hosted. Therefore, I've updated the Addendum archive with every dll expected to be present  in the 'system' folder.

• Like! 1
14 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

I'm getting somewhat suspicious of the 'system' folder content for the CMP 1.60 hosted. Therefore, I've updated the Addendum archive with every dll expected to be present  in the 'system' folder.

I've restored pure english GOG version without localization shenanigans, and issue gone. that was bad on my side (I haven't redownload updated version yet). Thanks!

UPDATE: Extra folder works without issues too for know.

Edited by Nikoleagle
update

Вот такая ошибка возникает через минуту-две после запуска. Создал нового персонажа, сетевая-локальная-свободная, пару кругов по торговцам на начальном острове и телепорт в первую деревню. Версия игры Голд от Акеллы + 2.65.1 + 2.65.2 + CM 1.60 + Addendum. Раньше на это версии все было стабильно. Если  нужен лог, подскажите где его получить.

This error occurs a minute or two after launch. Created a new character, network-local-free, a couple of circles on merchants on the starting island and a teleport to the first village. The version of the game Gold from Akella + 2.65.1 + 2.65.2 + CM 1.60 + Addendum. Previously, everything was stable for this version. If you need a log, tell me where to get it.

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured