Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

37 minutes ago, miff said:

can u share gog ver 2.64.2? I dont trust ver I have))))

Technically, all the necessary libraries and executables are present in the 'system' folder. The entire Sacred2 folder is way too heavy for the  Google Disk 'free' option. 

1 minute ago, miff said:

sorry for my incompetence. torrent iso?

The forum rules don't allow discussing or sharing of pirated software on DarkMatters.

So while reviewing portraits, I noticed there was an unused T-Mutant desert human (itemtype 9799).

009979a.png.808e592e3cfd3c2bdfbdc11eb8168f90.png

I think the perfect place to use this creature is in the quest "The Thunder Gurgler."  This quest has the player gather the ingredients to make a special T-Energy beverage.  When Abdullah, the unfortunate test subject, imbibes this dubious drink, he mutates into "a horrendous T-Energy creature."

dRQ8TSgm.jpg

The only problem, Abdullah doesn't mutate at all.  He simply becomes hostile, and is easily dispatched, because he is a mere human citizen.

I haven't tried it yet, but I know quest creatures can change into other creatures.  The "Child With a Demonic Expression" from the Seraphim's class quest is one example.  The shepherd in Tyr Lysia who is bitten by a wolf and transforms into a werewolf is another one.  So we should be able to have Abdullah actually turn into a T-Mutant.

• Thanks! 1

@dimitrius154  Can you fill me in on the status of the files in the system_d2f folder?  The modified date is very recent so it looks like they are up to date?

Do they include all the weapon restrictions from Addendum, e.g. poor Druid only using 2h staves and fist weapons?

3 hours ago, Flix said:

The modified date is very recent so it looks like they are up to date?

D2F-specific files contain almost all of the Addendum code changes, Druid is restricted to fist weapons and 2h staves, fist weapons are the Druid's class weapons, 1h staves are the Sorceress' class weapons. 

The Druid gets nearly the same deal as the Assassin in old Diablo II(she is pigeon-holed to use katar weapons) and for, daresay, far more legitimate reasons(got no weapons-based skills in non-transformed state, no animal can use a sword, or an axe, except monkeys, of course).

Weapons and dual-wielding are accounted for the transformed state code-wise: if a transformed Druid wields fist weapons, their damage and attack properties are added to appropriate calculations. 

Edited by dimitrius154
On 8/31/2020 at 6:50 AM, Flix said:

I also noticed there are Snakes present in the game files (itemtypes 332, 333, 334), supposedly meant to be atmospheric background animals, though I can't ever remember having seen any

I've added Snakes and Parrots as background animals. Brown snakes are present in the Desert, parrots, red and green snakes are present in the Jungle.

On 9/5/2020 at 5:41 AM, Flix said:

The only problem, Abdullah doesn't mutate at all.  He simply becomes hostile, and is easily dispatched, because he is a mere human citizen.

Questscripts.txt has been modified to avoid instances of quest creatures either not transforming, or the transformation fx not displaying. 

Also, the script parser seems to dislike spaces in formulae, so I've removed those, where appropriate. 

There were several instances of ';' used instead of ','. Corrected.

5 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

I've added Snakes and Parrots as background animals. Brown snakes are present in the Desert, parrots, red and green snakes are present in the Jungle.

I'm not sure these creatures are used either:

id = 100,
    itemtype_id = 509,
    name = "Atmo_eagle_dark_lighttail",

id = 101,
    itemtype_id = 510,
    name = "Atmo_eagle_dark",

18 hours ago, Flix said:

I'm not sure these creatures are used either

Indeed. Looks like Human/Elven region atmopsherics.

In fact, I'm going to compile two sets of spawned background creatures and disperse them throughout those regions.

[EDIT] Unnecessary, used the existing spawn entries for the purpose.

Edited by dimitrius154
On 9/6/2020 at 12:37 PM, dimitrius154 said:

[EDIT] Unnecessary, used the existing spawn entries for the purpose.

Ah nice, I've seen the atmospheric spawns but they rarely seemed to be populated with their intended creatures.

I hope you don't mind if I go script by script and start a flow of modding related questions about the Addendum.

Creatures.txt:

1. Mounts were all changed from "FACTION_INVALID" or "FACTION_ATMO" to "FACTION_FRIEND_HERO_ALL".  What's the practical effect of this?
  2. The change log mentions restored NPC ambient dialogue.  Is that the result of all the Addendum's additional speakertype_id's, or is there a different function?
  3. The extra spaces, for example, those caused by Charon's creature skill/bonus organizer tool...  Do those extra spaces actually cause issues?  I should miss the perfect alignment, but it's not difficult to remove the extra spaces if needed. 
  4. If I were to make use of Addendum D2F binaries, I would need to make sure all "skill_name" and "adv_skill_name" were identical to those defined in the Addendum's creatures.txt, correct?
3 minutes ago, Flix said:

Mounts were all changed from "FACTION_INVALID" or "FACTION_ATMO" to "FACTION_FRIEND_HERO_ALL".  What's the practical effect of this?

It's a part of the projectile hit fx display solution. If a playable character is riding a mount, the 'IsEnemy' function appelation would return 0 for 'FACTION_INVALID', or 'FUNCTION_ATMO'., resulting in no hit fx being played.

12 minutes ago, Flix said:

The change log mentions restored NPC ambient dialogue.  Is that the result of all the Addendum's additional speakertype_id's, or is there a different function?

Speakertype id's are part of the solution, but coding fixes are present as well.

It was a right mess. First, they've wired the region-based dialogue to the currently selected quest page index in the log book.  Second, they've botched the taunt selection function, resulting in character-specific and alignment-specific taunts being unused. And, finally, they've improperly defined a few human slave dialogue id's.

19 minutes ago, Flix said:

The extra spaces, for example, those caused by Charon's creature skill/bonus organizer tool...  Do those extra spaces actually cause issues?  I should miss the perfect alignment, but it's not difficult to remove the extra spaces if needed.

No, to my knowledge, they don't. The only quirky file seems to be questscripts.txt.

22 minutes ago, Flix said:

If I were to make use of Addendum D2F binaries, I would need to make sure all "skill_name" and "adv_skill_name" were identical to those defined in the Addendum's creatures.txt, correct?

Yes, that's correct.

• Thanks! 1

Good day. Tell me when installing the mod Addendum of the latest version, in the mod folder, in the locale folder, from the ru folder you need to transfer something to the En folder? And do I need to delete the Extra folder or can I leave it?

Добрый день. Подскажите при установке мода Аддендум последней версии, в папке мода, в папке locale, из папки ru нужно что-то перебрасывать в папку En? И нужно ли удалять папку Extra или можно оставить?

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Insomnia said:

Добрый день. Подскажите при установке мода Аддендум последней версии, в папке мода, в папке locale, из папки ru нужно что-то перебрасывать в папку En? И нужно ли удалять папку Extra или можно оставить?

welcome to DarkMatters Insomnia!

Happy you've found our place here with all our fellow Sacred Adventurers!

I'm sorry to note however that the language we use here for posts is English.  We do this so that everyone has great access to the information here as quickly as possible.

Possible to please use translator when making your posts so that they are in English as well?

thank you for understanding me

:)

gogo

1 hour ago, Insomnia said:

Good day. Tell me when installing the mod Addendum of the latest version, in the mod folder, in the locale folder, from the ru folder you need to transfer something to the En folder? And do I need to delete the Extra folder or can I leave it?

Greetings!

You'll have to change the locale used via regedit. The Extra folder is harmless as is. It's contents are mostly useful to those playing the English version.

Registry changes necessary can be found in my latest 30.08.2020 post in this thread.

Edited by dimitrius154
13 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

Installed the game from scratch, put your mod and a few small ones

The CM Patch 1.60 has to be installed prior to the Addendum. As for the 'small mods', whatever alters the primary script files is bound to be trouble.

12 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

The CM Patch 1.60 has to be installed prior to the Addendum. As for the 'small mods', whatever alters the primary script files is bound to be trouble.

I have the latest gold version of the game ready with CM 1.60 already installed. I'm already putting an Addendum on top of it. Small mods only change the fog of war and armor textures + 4 rings and two amulets.

9 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

I have the latest gold version of the game ready with CM 1.60 already installed

Hmm, just to be certain: was the CM Patch 1.60 installed manually on top of the Sacred 2 Gold, or did you use the package from Rutracker? 

Blueprint.txt:

1. Aside from the sanity of the modder, is there any consequence to editing the "uniquename" parameter?  I tried in D2F to standardize the usage but ultimately saw no point.
  2. Damage conversion: you mention that in Addendum only physical is converted.  Was the vanilla game converting other elements as well as physical?  Based on the "spez" lines of the bonuses, I thought it was already physical-only, and it was just the GUI lying to us about all 5 elements being converted.

Quest / Questscripts:

1. There are several references to "Enemy_warrior_brave_ex_artillery", a non-existent entry in behaviour.txt.  I suspect this is the result of a flawed find/replace operation (because I made the same mistake :D ).
  2. Why restrict all quests from Free Play (releasestage = 10)?  If I understand this correctly, with Addendum there just wouldn't be any quests at all if the player chose Free Play?
1 hour ago, Flix said:

Enemy_warrior_brave_ex_artillery

Yes, an unfortunate oversight. Corrected.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Aside from the sanity of the modder, is there any consequence to editing the "uniquename" parameter?

No, to my knowledge. it's only useful as a comment.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Was the vanilla game converting other elements as well as physical?  Based on the "spez" lines of the bonuses, I thought it was already physical-only, and it was just the GUI lying to us about all 5 elements being converted

The functional part was badly broken and, IMHO, not worth salvaging. Especially due to damage type calculation overlapping.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Why restrict all quests from Free Play (releasestage = 10)?  If I understand this correctly, with Addendum there just wouldn't be any quests at all if the player chose Free Play?

Since many chain quests now have attribute and/or skill rewards at the last stage, the only sensible solution was to restrict the chains in their entirety. In the end the remaining quest pool has become so meager as warrant a question: since freeplay modes are campaign free and do not save side-quest progress, what's the logic of having quests active in freeplay? The answer was to disable all quests in freeplay modes.

Thanks for the info.  One more quick quest question:
You mentioned spacing in questscripts.txt being important.  I noticed some inconsistent lines, like follows:

for index, tcid in ipairs(tcids) do

but other times...

for index,tcid in ipairs(tcids) do -- no space after comma

Any significance there?  The inconsistencies seem to exist on lines where "I" was changed to "index"

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured