Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

2 minutes ago, KinGsNow said:

'm having a problem on warrior where I cant earn any points from especific focus or lore, only tatics lore, as I show on link below, is this intended?

Greetings,

No, that behaviour was not intended and is a result of as sad lore/focus limitation. The issue should be gone with the latest version of the Addendum(you'll have to redownload the archive).

On 10/5/2020 at 6:30 AM, dimitrius154 said:

Still getting several unique items but not sets.

Judging by the few test runs I've done with your character, drop patterns behave correctly.

In the Addendum uniques are tier 13, sets are tier 14,  legendaries are tier 15. Which means you'll find a certain amount of unique items with the moderate 'magic find bonus', but higher tier items require either extensive grinding, a much higher MF bonus, or a high-level Bargaining skill.  

You can also reliably obtain set items via quest completion, therefore I wouldn't recommend skipping the Bronze difficulty.

7 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Judging by the few test runs I've done with your character, drop patterns behave correctly.

In the Addendum uniques are tier 13, sets are tier 14,  legendaries are tier 15. Which means you'll find a certain amount of unique items with the moderate 'magic find bonus', but higher tier items require either extensive grinding, a much higher MF bonus, or a high-level Bargaining skill.  

You can also reliably obtain set items via quest completion, therefore I wouldn't recommend skipping the Bronze difficulty.

Good day! Just a question on the types of things, and specifically on colors. Uniki 13 is second - class brown, 14 is first-class brown and green-set, but 15 is first-class green, but there are no orange ones anywhere, and they don't fall from normal mobs, only from bosses or for quests, did I get it right:)

9 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

Uniki 13 is second - class brown, 14 is first-class brown and green-set, but 15 is first-class green, but there are no orange ones anywhere, and they don't fall from normal mobs, only from bosses or for quests, did I get it right:)

Greetings!

Tier 13 - Uniques - Brown - Monster drops(very rare), can be bought from shops at Bargaining Mastery

Tier 14 - Sets - Green - Monster drops(extra rare), occasional quest completion drops, can be bought from shops at Bargaining Mastery

Tier 15 - Legendaries - Orange - Boss monster drops, can be bought from shops at Bargaining Mastery

1 hour ago, Insomnia said:

Good day! Just a question on the types of things, and specifically on colors. Uniki 13 is second - class brown, 14 is first-class brown and green-set, but 15 is first-class green, but there are no orange ones anywhere, and they don't fall from normal mobs, only from bosses or for quests, did I get it right:)

This correctly describes the vanilla tiers only.  D's description above are the new tiers.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

One would no longer have to edit hundreds of armor textures to ensure consistency.

Yes, it was the explicit purpose of that part of the project. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to apply certain special effects to character models.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Thanks! 1
3 hours ago, KinGsNow said:

Am I supose to download, https://drive.google.com/open?id=11ui11HhWPCcpA8N5vAdqk-0SNyfHBOMT, again? cause I did it 1hour ago and I'm still getting the same problem. Or am I supose to wait future new release?

Yes, that's correct. You should redownload again, the issue is resolved - this one was actually caused by some specific typos in spells.txt.

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Yes, it was the explicit purpose of that part of the project. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to apply certain special effects to character models.

@Flix Can we apply these changes to the armor for the CM Patch for Sacred 2 or with a mod? The Dark Elf Mode would work correctly!

1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

@Flix Can we apply these changes to the armor for the CM Patch for Sacred 2 or with a mod? The Dark Elf Mode would work correctly!

We could.  I would have to gather up all affected models and textures, as well as make the required edits to surface.txt and itemtype.txt, then package it all together.

I'm going to be frank, even that part would take a while so it will probably be some time before that happens.  I am in the middle of adapting the next EE release now.

• Respect! 1

Honestly Ben, I would rather you finish what you are already working on first, especially because there are players waiting for it. Only afterward and when you have the time and inclination would I appreciate your slow and methodical effort on the "skinless" armor. Focusing on one project at a time is always easier, at least it is in my own experience. So much of the skin which is currently rendered along with the armor doesn't match up seamlessly with the actual model. This is especially evident with the High Elf's body art/tattoos. Often, the skin shades are a bit off as well. I am cognizant and respectful of the fact that you actually have a busy and full life; so, if you can work on this eventually, that would be nice.

@dimitrius154  Do you have the current list of spell tokens that are now boosted by aspect lores?  I'm getting around to testing D2F.  Right off the bat I suggest attribute bonuses should not be boosted. If they are, then it could still be rebalanced, but the spell base values and scaling should be drastically reduced to avoid gaining insane Intelligence and Willpower boosts.

And would there happen to be a handy list somewhere of all the FX?  Such as what might be assigned in the "fxTypeSpell" line spell entries.  

2 hours ago, Flix said:

Do you have the current list of spell tokens that are now boosted by aspect lores? 

As of today's update the list is:

02 - et_debuff_reduce_armor
04 - et_weapondamage_fire
05 - et_weapondamage_ice
06 - et_weapondamage_magic
07 - et_weapondamage_physical
08 - et_weapondamage_poison
0f - et_dotdamage_fire
10 - et_dotdamage_ice
11 - et_dotdamage_magic
12 - et_dotdamage_physical
13 - et_dotdamage_poison
14 - et_dotdamage_TC_mag
2c - et_spelldam_UD_mag
2d - et_spelldam_TC_fir
31 - et_duration_boost
32 - et_duration_sec
3d - et_energy_leech_whit
3e - et_life_buff
3f - et_life_regen
40 - et_base_VW
41 - et_base_VW_timed
42 - et_base_AW
43 - et_base_AW_timed
46 - et_life_leech
5c - et_hits_persec
60 - et_minion_lifetime
61 - et_minion_fighttime
63 - et_minion_armor_all
65 - et_minion_wdam_phy
66 - et_invisible
6b - et_base_armor_mag
6f - et_minion_boost
70 - et_lower_armor
73 - et_summon_level
77 - et_summon_armor
7b - et_ripper
7d - et_base_armor_phy
7e - et_base_armor_fir
7f - et_base_armor_ice
80 - et_base_armor_poi
83 - et_life_heal_hp
84 - et_life_heal_mend
9a - et_soul_explosion
af - et_shieldfactor
b0 - et_shieldblock
b1 - et_shieldstrength, et_shieldstrength_timed
b6 - et_spell_intensity_rel
be - et_itemdam_phy
c1 - et_addskill_distancewpn
c6 - et_minion_attackspeed, et_minion_attackspeed_timed
cb - et_essence_spelldam_phy
cc - et_essence_spelldam_poi
cd - et_essence_spelldam_mag
cf - et_plague_poison
d1 - et_addattr_willpower
d2 - et_addattr_intelligence
dc - et_shield_regen
e4 - et_soul_life_regen
ed - et_charge_shapeshift
ef - et_plague_const_fire

2 hours ago, Flix said:

Right off the bat I suggest attribute bonuses should not be boosted. If they are, then it could still be rebalanced, but the spell base values and scaling should be drastically reduced to avoid gaining insane Intelligence and Willpower boosts.

The lore skill effect is a progressive increase by a percentage. The attrbute bonus tokens are flat value, so it's logical for the lore skill to affect them. I suggest setting token values to reasonably low values so as to avoid extreme increases at high CA levels.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

And would there happen to be a handy list somewhere of all the FX?  Such as what might be assigned in the "fxTypeSpell" line spell entries.

No, I've got used to consulting the code listings and never felt the need to create such a list. All usable visuals are more, or less represented in the Addendum's spells.txt. Mind you, that Balor, Afrit and Sakkara transformation visuals are mesh- and animation-based.

Edited by dimitrius154

What unbearable skill changes have been made recently? Make my High Elf Skill Scarching Wave spread speed too slowly.

In addition, the 4GB full installation package capacity is not a small number, whether the update can set a basic version, a small-scale update only contains patches, instead of let us download the complete version again and again.

And give the update date log, so that I can choose freely, if an update is not suitable for me, I can choose to roll back to a certain historical version.

Raging Nimbus will not stop casting spells. The current game is completely unplayable. Before the correction, can I provide the previous Spell.txt separately? I overwritten and installed the patch, but did not keep the previous files

9 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

The lore skill effect is a progressive increase by a percentage. The attrbute bonus tokens are flat value, so it's logical for the lore skill to affect them. I suggest setting token values to reasonably low values so as to avoid extreme increases at high CA levels.

That's reasonable and can be balanced by lower token values.  But, it is worth considering, with much lower token values, the difference between lacking / possessing an Aspect Lore skill will become much more pronounced.  Characters lacking the skill may find themselves much weaker than anticipated.  Perhaps this is desirable after all, just something to be aware of.

Perusing the list, the only one I'm not so sure about are the duration tokens.  I like to have base durations and boosts from modifications locked in at fixed values, especially in D2F.  I also plan any scaling / cooldown reductions so that the duration will not exceed the cooldown.  That is one that I'm not sure I could adequately balance through the scripts, if the Lore scaling remains.

Good evening dear developer. Tell me if any major updates to the mod are planned next, or just minor edits? And such a question in the header of the topic indicates the date that the mod was last updated on September 14. Is this floating date relevant or does it not change to understand how I will see that the mod has been updated?!

1 hour ago, contra said:

What unbearable skill changes have been made recently? Make my High Elf Skill Scarching Wave spread speed too slowly.

None. But I do see the effect of the spread speed increase mod doing the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do, interesting.

1 hour ago, contra said:

Raging Nimbus will not stop casting spells.

Supposedly, this sentence means, that the duration of the CA does not expire. It does and is true to what is shown in the CA tooltip.

58 minutes ago, Flix said:

Perusing the list, the only one I'm not so sure about are the duration tokens. 

Neither am I, but it's worth a try. In case that can't be balanced, I'll remove the token from the list.

Edited by dimitrius154

Another update. The "et_duration_sec" has been removed from the list of the lore affected tokens due to adverse effects the multiplication has on some SpellClass functions. For example, prolonging the duration actually decreases the Scorching Wave spread speed once the "et_quicken_boost" is activated.

2 hours ago, contra said:

In addition, the 4GB full installation package capacity is not a small number, whether the update can set a basic version, a small-scale update only contains patches, instead of let us download the complete version again and again.

I was considering splitting up the archive, but since updates are rare, it's not worth the bother. Oh, and everyone is supposed to have a fast internet connection nowadays and those that don't are peasants plebes. Or least Microsoft thinks so.

Edited by dimitrius154

I found a backup of an earlier version on another computer. Replace the file s2logic.dll (modified date September 14, 2020), the game now looks normal.
In my country, many websites cannot be accessed without using a paid VPN, so 4GB is a big problem.

3 hours ago, contra said:

Raging Nimbus will not stop casting spells. The current game is completely unplayable.

What exactly is the problem with this skill? I tested it with the latest version and did not notice any problems, moreover, "completely unplayable".

18 minutes ago, contra said:

In my country, many websites cannot be accessed without using a paid VPN, so 4GB is a big problem.

Ah, I see. Google(courtesy of the NSA) domain is blocked by the "Great Wall". Makes sense, I guess.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured