Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

11 minutes ago, BRSamael said:

What exactly is the problem with this skill? I tested it with the latest version and did not notice any problems, moreover, "completely unplayable".

with the last s2logic.dll (modified date October 10), the game is normally. with the s2logic.dll (modified date October 9), using Raging Nimbus spell will always exist on the screen and will not fade away, causing the game to freeze.

Working through the 7 characters now.  Good job with the TG improvements.  The "special" set was originally way too bland to feel special.  The effect is evocative of the Charged Grid CA.

The T-Energy effect on the various arms and base body makes perfect sense as well.  I also notice slightly broader shoulders on the torso armors.  And we're no longer buying hot-swappable entire heads at the merchants.  :3lmao:

aT7Biqy.jpg

Questions about the batteries: they now display on the upper left arm.  I'm thinking there's two parts to that: an attachment bone on the base model, and something else in the code you changed to make them visible?  Also, the base battery is that glowing blue component inside his torso - shouldn't the batteries be there?

1 hour ago, Flix said:

I'm thinking there's two parts to that: an attachment bone on the base model, and something else in the code you changed to make them visible? 

The bone was already present, but the s2render.dll's function responsible for 'rendering' equipment at each frame did not contain the proper values for the battery piece.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Also, the base battery is that glowing blue component inside his torso - shouldn't the batteries be there?

No, that's the TG's primary power source, it's 'heart'. Optional batteries are not essential, but they do power the gun arm, thus it's reasonable for them to be attached to the most logical spot on the arm itself. Not to mention, that it's kinda comical for the TG to try and gut itself to replace an optional battery situated in it's belly. 

3 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

s2render.dll's function responsible for 'rendering' equipment at each frame did not contain the proper values for the battery piece.

Ahh, ok.

One other note, I'm not sure I see any rhyme or reason with how you've distributed your maps between the hq and mq folders.  It seems kind of a mix.  For example, some of the new maps are only in the hq folder. 

I believe this was how the TG's mutation set was intended to look, as opposed to my pic above.  I guess this mod should be considered "Elite textures only?"

gi30Vda.jpg

43 minutes ago, Flix said:

I guess this mod should be considered "Elite textures only?"

I don't see a reason to have three, or even two texture variants. The Trimmed Elite Textures package has been available for download for quite some time. PC's incapable of adequately handling the elite textures are sure to be lagging with mesh processing and should be pretty rare by now.

Of course, it's the gaming rigs we're talking about. It's unreasonable to expect to run Sacred 2 on a budget notebook. 

Edited by dimitrius154

Sacred 2 Fallen Angel (GOG)

System requirements

Minimum system requirements:

System:

Windows XP SP 3 / Vista / 7 / 8

Processor:

2.4 GHz

Memory:

1 GB RAM

Graphics:

Graphics card 256 MB RAM, with Pixel Shader 2.0 support (from nVidia® GeForce™ 6800 or ATI® Radeon® X800)

DirectX:

9.0c compatible

Storage:

20 GB HD space

Sound:

DirectX compatible sound card

:3lmao:

3 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Minimum system requirements:

Well, that term means, that the game will launch and little else. Sort of like 15-th class funeral - the one, where the deceased is made to carry his own wreaths:)

Some notes on the Dryad models/textures:

• The Leafchain variant surfaces are not assigned to the 3 Crystal set itemtypes, so they all currently use the green chain.  This effect could maybe use a rework, it looks especially strange on the face.
  • The Dryad's skin is still present on the Christmas set textures, though the surface entries were altered. The result is non-changing skin on the torso and leg pieces.
  • The Special set pelvis model has flickering, moving textures.  Not sure why, but when swapping the original model back in the flickering ceases.
  • Thanks! 1

Some questions/comments about itemtype.txt:

• Is there any difference between [flags = "0",] and [flags = "",] ?  If not, for consistency I may change them all to empty.
  • What function is "renderprio" performing?  I noticed you added it to some seraphim hair itemtypes.
  • Likewise is the flag "FLAG_HASPREVIEWIMAGE" performing any meaningful function?  It seems to be present on most items and creatures but I wonder if it's not just something for the developers?
  • Your Dark Seraphim itemtype (6939,) points to "models/npc/seraphim/darkseraphim/s_darkseraphim.GR2", but I can't find any such model or directory in graphics27.zip
9 hours ago, Flix said:

Is there any difference between [flags = "0",] and [flags = "",] ?  If not, for consistency I may change them all to empty

Both translate as "no flags present".

9 hours ago, Flix said:

What function is "renderprio" performing?  I noticed you added it to some seraphim hair itemtypes.

It's supposed to determine the "rendering priority" - whether an object is drawn on top of some visual effect. I added the parameter to those hair types to make their entries consistent with the others, once the vertex animation has been removed.

9 hours ago, Flix said:

Likewise is the flag "FLAG_HASPREVIEWIMAGE" performing any meaningful function? 

Character and Carrier Imp  Main Menu display is called "Preview" in the code.  The way(animation pose, inventory slot used) they are displayed is updated upon save game load. This flag, I think, determines, whether an item can be stored in that "preview image".

11 hours ago, Flix said:

I can't find any such model or directory in graphics27.zip

The model is present in graphics05.zip.

54 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Character and Carrier Imp  Main Menu display is called "Preview" in the code.  The way(animation pose, inventory slot used) they are displayed is updated upon save game load. This flag, I think, determines, whether an item can be stored in that "preview image".

Would that be the matter why shieids on an Inquisitor are not being displayed in the main menu, while he can wear them in (S2EE) game ?

Edited by jwiz
1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

The model is present in graphics05.zip.

Ah, it sure is.  I just saw my updated Dark Seraphim textures packaged in there and I was thinking you wanted to use her instead of the vanilla model (based on the S1 Seraphim, with all the weird issues).

2 hours ago, jwiz said:

Would that be the matter why shieids on an Inquisitor are not being displayed in the main menu, while he can wear them in (S2EE) game ?

Shields do have the 'FLAG_HASPREVIEWIMAGE', so the reason is, most likely, some code check, that sends the shield to the root bone. Thus, the shield is not visible due to being covered by the robe.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

I just saw my updated Dark Seraphim textures packaged in there and I was thinking you wanted to use her instead of the vanilla model

Yes, in fact that would be best.

Some notes on the High Elf models/textures:

• Itemtype 10433, still has the EQUIPCUT flag - results in invisible arms.
  • Each of the four itemtypes for n_helve-magic-boots.GR2 is pointing to the wrong surface entry ("magic-boots_n", it should be "he-magic-boots_n").  The result is the same purple texture used for all four boots.  I tried to trace the source of this bug and it seems to go back all the way to the last official patch, or earlier.
  • Now that the equipcut flag isn't used much overall, the High Efl's bra and panties are showing on a lot of armor.  I'm probably just going to remove them from the base texture, at least the parts that show.
  • Christmas set textures and some of the surface entries were not altered. Torso has non-changing skin, and forearms are too big (don't align with the wrist correctly).

sacred2 2020-10-17 14-13-56-71.jpg

• Thanks! 1
20 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Makes sense, I guess. I mean, the Elf IS wearing them, right?)

:lol:  It's logical, though I can imagine some fans complaining about the aesthetics.

There's a similar observation about the Seraphim's underwear now, though it's really only noticeable with the Mystique armor - which is kind of like underwear in and of itself.

Other Seraphim notes:

• Leather gloves textures weren't edited so they have non-changing finger skin.
  • Why disable the hair animations?  It's not like they were hurting anything.  I can't even cheat and use the old hair meshes because they don't fit right on the new seraphim base model anymore.  :(
  • Interesting choice to make the Angeldust and Special armors symmetrical.  I was skeptical at first, but I think it makes her look more knightly - will be a good addition for the Paladin in D2F.

EDIT: Another High Elf note:  I recommend changing the flag to SURFACE_FLAG_MASKED for all "helve-pearl-torso-fx" entries as well as the NineHells and Asha pearl fx entries. Otherwise the skin in the neck area is obscured by a black collar. 

4 hours ago, Flix said:

Leather gloves textures weren't edited so they have non-changing finger skin.

Corrected.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

Why disable the hair animations?  It's not like they were hurting anything. 

Two reasons here:

• Some alterations had to be made to these hair styles. Thing is, we can't properly restore Sacred 2 vertex-animated models, the tools we have don't support them.
  • Vertex-animated hair styles alone take up to 60 Mb RAM, out of 420 there is for the stable gameplay. The whole Sacred 2 vertex-animation solution is just fundamentally flawed. No wonder there so few animated hair models.
4 hours ago, Flix said:

Interesting choice to make the Angeldust and Special armors symmetrical.

Well, I've always been more into Warhammer Fantasy, then Zeena the Warrior Princess. The more, err, "high-spirited" I am, the more the preference shows. The Sophia Set alteration is a fine example.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

I recommend changing the flag to SURFACE_FLAG_MASKED for all "helve-pearl-torso-fx" entries as well as the NineHells and Asha pearl fx entries.

Corrected for the "helve-pearl-torso-fx" and NineHells entries. Asha entry has had the UW altered so as to ensure the high-collar style. Ths set is supposed to have as little skin visible, as possible.

Hello there, I have a problem with this mod. Quest descriptions are not shown, just an empty background is present. Help to fix it, please. I am using a russian version of the mod, CM-path is also installed, the game is installed from steam.

4 hours ago, Loranne said:

Quest descriptions are not shown, just an empty background is present. Help to fix it, please. I am using a russian version of the mod, CM-path is also installed, the game is installed from steam.

Greetings! 

1) What was the installation sequence?

2) What is the locale\ru_RU\global.res size and modification date?

Notes on the Dragon Mage models:

• There is severe clipping with the Cloth torso, the Magic torso, and the Magic arms.  The EQUIPCUT flag resolves this - however for the torsos it does add visible seams in the bicep area.
  • Chaoskampf textures were not edited so the torso has non-changing skin and the helm has severe clipping.  I would personally recommend leaving the helm texture alone and adding EQUIPCUT back to the itemtype, as I intended for it to be like pale face paint as the base.
  • Both the Iron and Leather torsos have visible seams in the bicep area.
  • The Leather pelvis seems to introduce some clipping of the upper thigh through the leg fabric (more noticeable when moving/blocking).
  • The generic arms (t_dmage-generic-arms.GR2) clip through the back of the DM's arms.
3 hours ago, Flix said:

There is severe clipping with the Cloth torso, the Magic torso, and the Magic arms

3 hours ago, Flix said:

the helm has severe clipping

3 hours ago, Flix said:

The generic arms (t_dmage-generic-arms.GR2) clip through the back of the DM's arms

Hmm, no significant clipping on those. What animation poses have been used for detection?

3 hours ago, Flix said:

Chaoskampf textures were not edited so the torso has non-changing skin

Chaoskampf torso texture has no DM skin areas. Only the hq version is present though, do you use the max texture quality?

3 hours ago, Flix said:
  •  
  • The Leather pelvis seems to introduce some clipping of the upper thigh through the leg fabric (more noticeable when moving/blocking).

Can't see anything there, could you, please, post a screenshot of the issue?

3 hours ago, Flix said:

Both the Iron and Leather torsos have visible seams in the bicep area.

Yes, that'll be addressed in the next update.

3 hours ago, Flix said:

I would personally recommend leaving the helm texture alone and adding EQUIPCUT back to the itemtype, as I intended for it to be like pale face paint as the base.

The helmet uses the h_dmage-cloth-helmet.GR2 - effectively a DM head with horns and without proper weighting in the jaw area, thus jaw animations don't get played with the vanilla cloth helmets on. Judging by the inventory icons only horns were supposed to be visible.

10 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Chaoskampf torso texture has no DM skin areas.

Ah yes, I see.  I missed the textures.  The helm and torso models of all the cloth variants still seem to clip into the DM's body without equipcut though.  All models and animations from Addendum are present.

RmLamq7.jpg  PUoFfKE.jpg

This is what I see for the Magic torso and arms:

eAAjnjm.jpg  0vh2oqE.jpg

10 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Can't see anything there, could you, please, post a screenshot of the issue?

This is what I see with the Leather pelvis.  Defense, run, fight idle.

lECwXQY.jpg  avaHHO5.jpg  nuf9Qu8.jpg

Generic Arms:

1KZfQ36.jpg

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured