Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

Quick tipp: If you keep holding the left mouse button instead of klicking, the character will go in a straight line towards your mouse. Doesn't solve all collision issues but it does solve any pathfinding problems.

2 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Quick tipp: If you keep holding the left mouse button instead of klicking, the character will go in a straight line towards your mouse. Doesn't solve all collision issues but it does solve any pathfinding problems.

I did try that, and a few times it worked, but more often than not I find it just does nothing. I did find that adding a move key helps a bit in some spots, I just wish that at least your summoned allie didn't have collision. Trying to get through a door with the dragon familiar chillin there trolling me is a special kind of hell. 

Just reporting some discrepancies found in the item scripts.

Gleamrock - Itemtype entry says "h_greamrock.GR2," model filename is "h_gleamrock.GR2"
Wall of Flames - Itemtype entry says "fire_wall.GR2," model filename is "flame_wall.GR2"

• Thanks! 1

Is the rune exchange price intended? You mentioned you decreased inflation by 1000% but rune exchange is WAY more expensive. It was 500G prior, now it's 6500G. Level 12 and haven't been able to get the skill I wanted as a result, because selling everything up til this point left me just under 6k. 

11 minutes ago, odin021 said:

Is the rune exchange price intended?

12 minutes ago, odin021 said:

Level 12

That's correct. There's no smart mechanism to ensure the customer's satisfaction, while preventing inflation at the same time in Sacred 2, too few parameters to play with.

Level 12 does not suffice, I'm afraid. The projected threshold is Level 35.

• Like! 1
24 minutes ago, BRSamael said:

I agree that the price for the exchange of 4k1 runes is too high, at the initial levels it will not work to exchange in the required amount, and when the money appears, any price will not be so critical. I offer a price 50,000/30000/12000/2000 G.

If you wish, you can edit the values in balance.txt - line SwapRune_Four = 6250

I changed it, thank you! 

• Like! 1
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 2:34 AM, dimitrius154 said:

The Forest Guardian was the only Boss not generated by a hidden, or visible text, but rather placed on the sector map as a respawning creature. Technically, he alone was respawning.

In the Addendum all Bosses are quest-generated. And quests are unavailable in non-Campaign modes to prevent attribute- and skill- point mining, via abusing the quest status saving mechanics.

The problem now is that all BOSS cannot be regenerated after being killed once, and the acquisition of high-quality items and equipment will become extremely difficult. When we enter the game every day, we can only see the small miscellaneous soldiers, but we can't see any BOSS level enemies. The game content becomes very boring, which is not a reasonable setting.

12 minutes ago, contra said:

By the way, where can I find the latest version of the previous 10 skills CM Patch Addendum?

There are only 20 skills for the current version. For the sake of statistics, how many skills would you prefer - 10, 12, 15, 20?

8 minutes ago, contra said:

By the way, where can I find the latest version of the previous 10 skills CM Patch Addendum?

Not available anymore. The next Beta iteration will most likely have 13 skills for the standart Addendum.

13 minutes ago, contra said:

When we enter the game every day, we can only see the small miscellaneous soldiers, but we can't see any BOSS level enemies. The game content becomes very boring, which is not a reasonable setting.

The solution will most likely be a repeatable Arena quest available post-game completion on the current difficulty. I just need to think out the concept.

• Respect! 1
4 hours ago, BRSamael said:

There are only 20 skills for the current version. For the sake of statistics, how many skills would you prefer - 10, 12, 15, 20?

I think more about the compatibility of the save archive. The previous 10-skills addendum version is compatible with Sacred 2 GOLD 2.65 and all cm patches, but for the current 20-skill addendum version, The old version of the main program cannot open the archive normally. I think that changing the skin appearance of the set/unique item may exacerbate the incompatibility of the save archive

In fact, I do not reject the 20 skills addendum. If there is a trade-off in terms of quantity, then 10 or 20 is my personal choice.

4 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Not available anymore. The next Beta iteration will most likely have 13 skills for the standart Addendum.

The solution will most likely be a repeatable Arena quest available post-game completion on the current difficulty. I just need to think out the concept.

I personally recommend 10 or 20 skills as two choices. 10 skills for the standart Addendum. 20 skills for Optional.

Edited by contra
  • Like! 1
31 minutes ago, contra said:

I think more about the compatibility of the save archive. The previous 10-skills addendum version is compatible with Sacred 2 GOLD 2.65 and all cm patches, but for the current 20-skill addendum version, The old version of the main program cannot open the archive normally. I think that changing the skin appearance of the set/unique item may exacerbate the incompatibility of the save archive

The 10-skill old version was essentially a mod that changed some aspects of the game, the current version is not only a mod, but rather a global fix, CM patch 1.7, but created not by a large team, but by one person. And the installation of Addendum should be perceived precisely as the installation of a global patch. This implies incompatibility (more likely bugs) of old characters, as most likely it was with the transition from old versions of CM patch to the current one.

I fully support the idea of creating several add-ons to the mod that change both the number of skills and other aspects that may not suit everyone, but keep in mind that the author of the mod is one, and he has both his own vision and a banal complexity of implementation.

On 10/26/2020 at 12:15 AM, Flix said:

Good to know.  I should be shocked this made it into the game, but you know...

I notice the Shadow Warrior has {"et_debuff_armor_phy", 500, 10, 3, 9 }, on Demonic Blow.  Is that '9' doing any harm?

What does @BRSamael mean when he says "increased bosses"?

Looking at the CMP 0160 it should rather be:

entry5 = {"et_debuff_REDUCE_armor", 500, 10, 3, 9 },

Did you mix it up in S2EE?

Edited by jwiz
52 minutes ago, jwiz said:

Looking at the CMP 0160 it should rather be:

entry5 = {"et_debuff_REDUCE_armor", 500, 10, 3, 9 },

Did you mix it up in S2EE?

I consider this a correction.  All other player CA's use "et_debuff_armor_phy" which points to the blueprint bonus "bb_debuff_armor_phy" which is meant for spells.

"et_debuff_REDUCE_armor" points to an item modifier bonus "sb_off_armorrip_phy" which has the exact same spez and type, but which is clearly meant to spawn on items, not spells.

So, at worst, the modification is doing the exact same thing, just under a different name.  At best, I've created some consistency in the scripts and freed up a spell token that could be used for something else.

8 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

It's still used by the "shelob_frosty_lair".

Yeah that one should be changed too, but I never followed through with making use of the token for something else, at least in EE.  So it has remained.

In D2F, that spell token now points to "bb_off_armorrip_all" and is used on various player and enemy CA's in order to apply a global debuff to all armor.

11 hours ago, Flix said:

I consider this a correction.  All other player CA's use "et_debuff_armor_phy" which points to the blueprint bonus "bb_debuff_armor_phy" which is meant for spells.

"et_debuff_REDUCE_armor" points to an item modifier bonus "sb_off_armorrip_phy" which has the exact same spez and type, but which is clearly meant to spawn on items, not spells.

So, at worst, the modification is doing the exact same thing, just under a different name.  At best, I've created some consistency in the scripts and freed up a spell token that could be used for something else.

Thanks to clarify that point.

As I still run the vanilla CMP 0160 on occasion (with vanilla drops enabled) I will correct that in my local spells.txt too.  

Some notes on ranged weapons.

• surface entry "t_skeletonkey_handle" is present twice, with slight variation.
  • surface entry "b_daphnaielegacy_tube" expects the texture "b_daphnaielegacy_tube_d", but the texture filename is "b_forestlegacy_tube_d.dds"
  • New itemtype 11566, was created as a perfect clone of 4990, from the textures down to the iteminfo, they seem to be identical.  Not sure if the new one was intended for some other use.
  • k_poisonbringer.GR2 - itemtype 11564, seems to have been meant for Kilkeel's Poisonbringer but was not assigned to the blueprint.
  • throwing-dagger@skeletonkey.GR2 - itemtype 7681, also not assigned to its namesake blueprint.
On 10/25/2020 at 3:18 PM, dimitrius154 said:

A spectacular bug has been discovered. So far, we know it affects the following debuffs: "et_debuff_EAW", "et_debuff_EVW", "et_debuff_armor_phys". The fourth parameter for those should be 133, not 42.

I've changed the attack debuff for "in_uw_entsetzen" as instructed but upon casting the buff it immediately debuffs the Inquisitor's own attack value, assuming the first bronze mod is taken.

{"et_debuff_EAW", 50, 1, 1, 133 },

I'm not convinced 133 is appropriate.  spellcontroltype has an impact on how the tokens are applied perhaps?

12 hours ago, Flix said:

spellcontroltype has an impact on how the tokens are applied perhaps?

No, it's the spellclass. Which means we can't apply a file wide solution, but, in case a bug is found for a certain token with certain spellclass, other spellclasses using that token still have to be checked individually. So far I'm positive about the Cleansing Brilliance, the Soul Hammer and the Flaring Nova.

@FlixIn fact, cSpellInqEntsetzen seems to be the only one behaving unexpectedly.

Edited by dimitrius154

Good afternoon. In the latest patch kind of changed the bosses?! Yesterday I beat octagolamus and didn't feel It at all, it doesn't hit the player at all, either I'm too strong or the boss is too weak, the difficulty is niobium. + Nagash rat, which is assigned an entire location can also make it a boss?

2 hours ago, Insomnia said:

In the latest patch kind of changed the bosses?! Yesterday I beat octagolamus and didn't feel It at all, it doesn't hit the player at all, either I'm too strong or the boss is too weak

No Octagolamus-related CA's have been changed. What hero character is being used?

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured