Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

Is it intended that Itemtype 11142, w_soulstaff.GR2 endlessly loops the FX for Dislodged Spirit?  The persistent visuals and repetitive sound are extremely grating.

Some other notes:

• Itemtype 11556, is expecting "k_tongue.GR2" but the model filename is "ker_tongue.GR2".
  • Itemtype 8912, b_upyr.GR2, is not assigned to its intended blueprint (4104).
  • Itemtype 8913, s_wendigo.GR2, is not assigned to its intended blueprint (4105).
  • Itemtype 13454, w_abaris.GR2 doesn't have an icon for the new design.
  • Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

Are you certain about the visuals?

The FX is out of proportion.  Two giant white streaks nearly the size of the staff fly several meters into the air and come crashing down every two seconds.  It's very distracting.  Frankly the base staff is so remarkable that it stands on its own without the need of anything extra.  The design is a cut above any other staff.  If extra FX are really desired, IMO it should be something smaller, more subtle, and localized around the upper shaft or head of the staff.

An alternative may be to have the FX display only when it's first equipped.  I believe I saw some new Pole Arms that behaved that way.

29 minutes ago, Flix said:

The FX is out of proportion.

If I recall correctly, the FX in question is subject to scaling. I'll check that once I manage to get rid of a newly discovered vanilla bug: character casting combos are prone to losing ability to move, attack and cast spells, if pushed away by Knockback, Gust of Wind, Raving Thrust, etc. 

38 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

a newly discovered vanilla bug: character casting combos are prone to losing ability to move, attack and cast spells, if pushed away by Knockback, Gust of Wind, Raving Thrust, etc. 

I'm not so sure that's new.  That sounds like the same bug that plagued original CM Patch devs and caused me to decide to just remove all knockback and Push spell tokens from enemy CA's.

I'd been meaning to mention it about your "enemy_dragon_fly_sturzflug" CA.

The somewhat limited utility, but working knockback solution is being tested.

The w_soulstaff fx has been altered:

bfEeHTA.jpg 

These will be part of the next beta iteration.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1
1 minute ago, MeGoGo said:

where I can download dimitrius's CM patch?

The first post of this thread contains the link, as well as the up-to-date list of fixes and changes. Be aware, that the Addendum is in Beta stage. Glitches are to be expected.

I should also mention, that the Addendum does not meet the "strictly bugfixes" criteria. Then again, technically, neither had the Community Patch since it's inception.

1 minute ago, dimitrius154 said:

The first post of this thread contains the link, as well as the up-to-date list of fixes and changes. Be aware, that the Addendum is in Beta stage. Glitches are to be expected.

I should also mention, that the Addendum does not meet the "strictly bugfixes" criteria. Then again, technically, neither had the Community Patch since it's inception.

So, u highly recommended use sacred 2 enhanced edition? Uhh, I wanna play the game I love... Not mods as well, I like it, but im not sure if im ready)) 

And ... it was always interesting, what determines the chance of a drop of this or that item, and how does it affect the barrel, chest, etc.? That is, what are the chances of finding something useful in this or that chest?

45 minutes ago, MeGoGo said:

And ... it was always interesting, what determines the chance of a drop of this or that item, and how does it affect the barrel, chest, etc.? That is, what are the chances of finding something useful in this or that chest?

Just play with Community Patch installed for a while.  The more you mods you add, the more strange the game becomes compared to what the developers released.

I dream of a fixes-only release someday, but I have to get some more things in order before that's possible.

Just now, Flix said:

Just play with Community Patch installed for a while.  The more you mods you add, the more strange the game becomes compared to what the developers released.

I dream of a fixes-only release someday, but I have to get some more things in order before that's possible.

that's the problem, I have already completed the game for one hero on the community patch. and I met a lot of different bugs, inconsistencies and just silly mistakes. I want a fix bug and a minimum of modifications, like community patch 1.17.0

1 hour ago, MeGoGo said:

I want a fix bug and a minimum of modifications, like community patch 1.17.0

There really is no such thing.  You will have to read the change logs for Enhanced Edition or the Addendum and decide whether the amount of fixes outweigh the number of fan-created content and changes.

8 hours ago, Flix said:

There really is no such thing.  You will have to read the change logs for Enhanced Edition or the Addendum and decide whether the amount of fixes outweigh the number of fan-created content and changes.

Hello, I installed Enhanced Edition and everything seemed to be fine ... But I have a problem, my character sometimes stumbles out of the blue and refuses to go.  Well, there is an animation of walking, but it does not go.  This is especially the case with nearby NPCs.  This is how to fix it? 

41 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Blowpipes basically insta-hit, so when you factor in a high attack speed the animation speed is pretty much non-existent if we're talking about left-click attacks. It's pretty much bam bam bam with blowpipes.

Hmm, I think, I'll add projectiles to blowpipe attacks. Seems sensible.

3 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, I think, I'll add projectiles to blowpipe attacks. Seems sensible.

Why? Blowpipes are one of those "regional taste" thingies in Sacred 2, considering that they're a class-specific weapon and only Dryads can wield them, as much as only Shadow Warriors can wield many 2 handed hammers and swords. It's a differentiating factor in the game, class-wise, so I don't see why it needs revision in its behaviour.

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, Androdion said:

Why? Blowpipes are one of those "regional taste" thingies in Sacred 2, considering that they're a class-specific weapon and only Dryads can wield them, as much as only Shadow Warriors can wield many 2 handed hammers and swords. It's a differentiating factor in the game, class-wise, so I don't see why it needs revision in its behaviour.

Well yes, oth projectile mods like piercing would finally be viable with blowpipes.

5 hours ago, Androdion said:

It's a differentiating factor in the game, class-wise, so I don't see why it needs revision in its behaviour.

Due to a misprint by whoever was programming the ranged weapons, blowpipes are the only ranged weapons class, that does not have a special spell attached. Which means:

• Blowpipes have an extreme unmoddable range
  • Blowpipe attacks are instantaneous
  • Blowpipe attacks bypass normal rules for projectiles vs. various obstacles and terrain.

All in all, it's an "advantage" of the same type, that the Inquisitor and the Dryad enjoyed with Magic Staves before CMP 1.60.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured