Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Due to a misprint by whoever was programming the ranged weapons, blowpipes are the only ranged weapons class, that does not have a special spell attached. Which means:

• Blowpipes have an extreme unmoddable range
  • Blowpipe attacks are instantaneous
  • Blowpipe attacks bypass normal rules for projectiles vs. various obstacles and terrain.

All in all, it's an "advantage" of the same type, that the Inquisitor and the Dryad enjoyed with Magic Staves before CMP 1.60.

Oh I didn't know that obstacles were unaccounted. So the fact that it insta-hits means that it hits no matter what's in the way? Yeah, kind of seems like a bit of an exploit when you put it like that.

Is there a way to make the projectile emulate the "insta-hit" effect as close as possible while accounting for obstacles? I.e. some way that the time of flight of the projectile can be reduced to a minimum, as to retain its "regional flavour", while making it prone to control via range and obstacles.

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Oh I didn't know that obstacles were unaccounted. So the fact that it insta-hits means that it hits no matter what's in the way? Yeah, kind of seems like a bit of an exploit when you put it like that.

Is there a way to make the projectile emulate the "insta-hit" effect as close as possible while accounting for obstacles? I.e. some way that the time of flight of the projectile can be reduced to a minimum, as to retain its "regional flavour", while making it prone to control via range and obstacles.

To my best knowlegde blowpipes are blocked by much the same world objects as are arrows, except that they follow no trajectory.

You can test that be putting some LL on a blowpipe and see what gets hit and what not.

I'm not sure though if the defense against ranged attacks works properly on them.

13 minutes ago, jwiz said:

You can test that be putting some LL on a blowpipe and see what gets hit and what not.

I know that I've seen some pictures in a guide somewhere in the german sacred 2 forum where the person did exactly what you suggest here. if I remember correctly then the conclusion was that blowpipes can go through pretty much anything "handplaced", like walls and statues etc., while being blocked by anything "terrainbased", like hills and cliffs etc.. imma see wether I can find the link again

• Respect! 1

actually it wasn't im the german forum, it was this guide:

unfortunately the pictures he uploaded are not there anymore, but the guide got uploaded to the wiki and there you can get this picture from:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/images/Builds/xbabcx.jpg

So at least that's the proof blowpipes can shoot through walls, can't find the part anymore where they're blocked by hills.

• Respect! 1

Yes and no.

This is rather more of a problem how walls are drawn only half-height when inside of buildings.

The Dryad esp. if mounted can rech over them.

This doesn't happen when you are actually behind a stockage or outside of the building.

S2_walls.thumb.jpg.f63e5959a13db64f3cf289a20a93c55d.jpg

• Like! 1

hmm I can easily accept that this is a special case, but your explanation seems weird to me for two reasons: Just because it isn't rendered doesn't necessarily mean it isn't there and then there are these gothic style archways with two of the streams going right through.

I think a way to test this is if the same thing can happen to a ranged weapon other than a blowpipe, then the case is clear but if we don't get it to work with another weapon, then it's evidence that it has to do with using a blowpipe.

EDIT:

Since I didn't have a high level Dryad, I downloaded an unskilled testcharacter and tried it with the only ranged weapon it had, a throwing potion (the dark matter one), on the same building on the seraphim island and mounted of course. One can see the projectile getting blocked by an invisible wall, no matter how close to the wall I am. Since there are no hits, it would be pointless to make a screenshot. Next I'll try to find some more weapons, especially a good blowpipe. One thing to notice is I played with CM-patch and S2EE CORE, but without S2EE Altenate Spells. This is fun, it gives me a reason to play the game again:)

EDIT 2:

Tested pretty much every ranged weapon. The only weapon I could get it to work is the blowpipe. It works on every wall, but you need to be close to the wall in order to shoot through. If you're not close enough, you get the sound and animation of the blowgun attack spell but there's no hit. Works with both the two weapon CAs and normal leftcklick attacks.

Conclusion: blowpipes can shoot through close objects.

Edited by Lindor
  • Like! 1
9 hours ago, Androdion said:

Projectile speed for ranged weapon spells is controlled by a function with limited alteration potential, the best available speed is that of arrows.

Technically, lightest blowpipe darts starting velocity is twice that of arrows from a common wooden shortbow, but their range is vey short and the damage is negligent. That's why every self-respecting tribal should poison their darts and try cheap shots)

Edited by dimitrius154
5 hours ago, Lindor said:

Conclusion: blowpipes can shoot through close objects.

Guess, there's another distance check, then. Anyway, Browning M2-level momentum blowpipe darts! Forget the Temple Guardian, the Dryad must be THE cyborg)

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Haha 1

@Flix An interesting find: setting the summary(initial + max. level gain) hits per second over 1000 breaks the "infection" mechanics for "cSpellDrKrankheit"-based CA's in and post CMP 1.60 versions.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Thanks! 1
21 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

@Flix An interesting find: setting the summary(initial + max. level gain) hits per second over 1000 breaks the "infection" mechanics for "cSpellDrKrankheit"-based CA's in and post CMP 1.60 versions.

Good to know.  That would explain why Viperish Disease spreads properly but Eternal Fire seems to fail often.  I'll make adjustments.

I'm continuing to work on equipment.  I noticed the following NPC equipment blueprints are unused:

"NPC_HU_Story_broker_shoulder" -- Enadris the Broker
"NPC_HU_Story_mule_shoulder" -- Guide Jaftar
"NPC_HU_Story_Spy_Glasses" -- Syrilar, the Spy
"NPC_HE_Story_Cookhead" -- not sure which NPC, maybe Chef Poul Brotheuse
"NPC_HE_Story_Teacher_glasses" -- Teacher Solael

I have not tested yet, but the solution should be to add entries in weaponpool, then add them to the proper equipsets, or create new ones.  Adding the itemtypes as fallback equipment directly to the creatureinfo entries should also be an option since these story NPC's are unique.

• Thanks! 1

On another note, if "et_chance_fear", or "bb_chance_fear", or anything causing fear(Paralyzing Dread does not, it actually pushes things away) is supposed to work, the creature AI entry must contain the "statexx="name=cFleeAI,range=xxx", where 'xx' is the state index and 'xxx' is the distance.

On 11/18/2020 at 4:31 PM, dimitrius154 said:

On another note, if "et_chance_fear", or "bb_chance_fear", or anything causing fear(Paralyzing Dread does not, it actually pushes things away) is supposed to work, the creature AI entry must contain the "statexx="name=cFleeAI,range=xxx", where 'xx' is the state index and 'xxx' is the distance.

Are there any notable AI's that seem to be unexpectedly lacking this parameter?

===================

Just wanted to let you know your Scheiijian's set bonus has some issues.

bonusgroup0 = {758,1350,10,9,0},   -- Shield Regeneration

Should be something like:

bonusgroupsforset0= {758,1350,2,0}, -- Shield Regeneration

Mark of the Dragon has a similar issue.

58 minutes ago, Flix said:

Are there any notable AI's that seem to be unexpectedly lacking this parameter?

"Enemy_warrior_dumbattacker", for instance. Sereval animals use this entry.

Scheiijian's set bonus has some issues

Mark of the Dragon has a similar issue

Yeah, need to hire a corrector, or something)

Edited by dimitrius154
1 minute ago, dimitrius154 said:

@FlixThis might seem like a strange question, but... had anyone ever checked post 2.52.2 if Lumen's Dazzle is working?

I've seen it work.  A very brief chain lightning effect similar to Cobalt Strike erupts. 

I definitely have seen enemy speed slowed down by it.  I have no strong recollections of the damage effect, or the supposed increased damage against specific enemy types.

Sometimes, the lightning never appears, but enemies are slowed nevertheless.  So either the lightning is invisible sometimes or the slowing is applied some other way.   I suspect that maybe it happens so fast, it occurs during the "blinding white" moment of casting a Divine Gift.

It's always been the most underwhelming Divine Gift to me.

Just now, Flix said:

I took this video myself for the Wiki, using CM 1.50

I know. And even there you can see, that the mechanics is shoddy. If I understand correctly you use Win 7. I use Win 10 2002. Must have broken that "porcelain" SpellClass completely. 

• zomgod! 1

And here's the culprit:

entry2 = {"et_chance_chain_nr", 1000, 0, 0, 4 },

Contrary to any common sense concept the 2-nd parameter is NOT a percentage buildup here, but an amount of shots released. And the effect is stationary. And the damage is meh.

Thus, Dazzle is officially the worst spell in Sacred 2. Even vanilla Sakkara isn't THAT bad.

These are the values I use:

entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 3000, 1, 0, 8 },
        entry1 = {"et_slow_enemy_any", 1000, 20, 0, 42 },
        entry2 = {"et_chance_chain_nr", 1000, 5, 0, 4 },
        entry3 = {"et_spelldam_UD_mag", 940, 620, 0, 133 },
        entry4 = {"et_spelldam_TC_fir", 940, 620, 0, 133 },
        entry5 = {"et_spelldamage_magic", 1670, 690, 0, 133 },

It could well be I've had them set like this for so long I forgot what it was originally like.

EDIT: No, it always had the 5 chains.  I don't know how it got set to 0.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured