Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

On 12/26/2020 at 1:39 PM, dimitrius154 said:

Problem is, that I don't detect the issue on my end . Would you please post the Windows Crash Event Log entry?

-System

-Provider

[ Name]Application Error

-EventID1000

[ Qualifiers]0

Version0

Level2

Task100

Opcode0

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]2020-12-30T14:55:45.5968610Z

EventRecordID31342

Correlation

-Execution

[ ProcessID]0

[ ThreadID]0

ChannelApplication

ComputerWAN-801

Security

-EventData

sacred2.exe

4be45a9b

unknown

c0000005

a80

01d6debbbad8e2b2

D:\ValveSoftware\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe

unknown

de3f574a-ab9c-4b8e-80dc-3833fffb9add

1 hour ago, MiguelM225debra said:

It says that the file is in unknown format or damaged.

It's a password-protected archive in RAR format, 'native' for WinRAR utility, which is, technically, free for personal use.

Hey:bye:, I've got a question:

I've been reading through the patchnotes of various mods because I'm searching for a way to alternate the "et_chance_mutate" token from the temple guardians primal mutation (and few enemy spells). I don't like that it can turn enemies (or followers) into chickens, I want only the t-mutation part.

You write:

On 4/1/2018 at 7:43 AM, dimitrius154 said:

Temple Guardian Changes:

(...)
12. 'Primal Mutation'(now called 'T-Energy Exposure') has been improved.

Is there a chance that this is what I'm searching for? (I have the addendum and the Patch 1.60 Addendum changes.txt, but there it also just says that it has been improved, maybe I'm just blind again).

11 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

No, I've sped up the CA execution. Hmm, the chicken transformation removal, good idea.

Thanks! I'm excited for the next iteration of the Addendum! Up until then, I've had an idea for a workaround, I want to redefine the chicken in creatures.txt as a T-energy creature of some kind and, if necessary, remove all the chicken spawns in the cities and villages or change them to sheep or something like that. Hopefully there's no quest that involves chickens xD I'll post in my AS module development thread if ot works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Flix

I've wired the last parameter of spawn entries in spawn.txt to serve as a game mode condition. That means, that extra spawn entries can be added to, for example, the 'freeplay' mode.

The idea is to turn the 'freeplay' into, hmm, 'survival' or 'burning crusade'.  A sort of an engame mode. I'd like to know, if you wouldn't mind me utilizing the D2F resources for the effort.

19 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

The idea is to turn the 'freeplay' into, hmm, 'survival' or 'burning crusade'.  A sort of an engame mode. I'd like to know, if you wouldn't mind me utilizing the D2F resources for the effort.

Should be fine, I suppose.

I need to ask for your help getting the D2F Addendum binaries into shape though.  There are a few issues trying to use them with the upcoming build 15.

This is shortlist of the critical ones I've noticed:

1. Removed randomized modifiers on unique/set/legendaries.  D2-style uniques should have static bonuses. There's some balance issues as well. The extra modifier puts tier 13-15 items too far ahead of tier 12 and below. I feel the need to add 1 extra bonus to every item below tier 13 to compensate.
  2. Portal name and description text/backgrounds restored to normal. I'd really appreciate the vanilla design here. I understand the anti-clutter argument, but portals can easily be toggled on/off through the settings in the map screen.  At the very least, can you please restore the text background & frame, so that it's not plain white text against the map?  It looks very unprofessional and it's hard to read. Related: the text color should remain white instead of cream-colored if possible. Looks like this is all handled in the main exe.
  3. Total skills returned to 10.  This is a balance issue, and also to keep the UI at a reasonable proportion.
  4. Total modifications for each CA returned to 3.  Aside from balancing, I rely on exclusive pairs of modifiers to make several CA's function correctly, particularly summoning CA's where the minion can be upgraded into new forms.
  5. Weapon restrictions returned to normal.  Ideally, weapon restrictions should be just as they are in the current build 14 of D2F.  I can deal with all script & animation adjustments, but if the code denies certain weapons to characters, I'm stuck.

Thank you for maintaining D2F binaries all this time.  I really did not expect anything like that.  If the adjustments can be made I think this will take the mod to a whole new level.

3 hours ago, Flix said:

getting the D2F Addendum binaries into shape though

That will have to wait until the next Addendum release, since it will contain the final code adjustments. 

3 hours ago, Flix said:

that it's not plain white text against the map?

Hmm, the text's most definitely not white, do you have a screenshot of the reading difficulty issue?

3 hours ago, Flix said:

It looks very unprofessional

Funny, that's the exact way I feel about non-transparent black frames with text inside. Hated that since Morrowind dialog subtitles. Is that style even used anywhere nowadays?)

3 hours ago, Flix said:

Weapon restrictions returned to normal.

Technically, not a problem.

It should be noted, that the Dragon Mage(Druid) _1h, and _zw animations have been specifically tailored to display fist-weapons correctly. Indeed, this is a primary reason as to why I resitricted him: I can get around the _1h, but not the _zw. Therefore, any complaints regarding :eek:ty-looking fist weapon animations shall be ignored.

Also I reteirate, that a shapeshifting fighter-mage has every reason to have his weapon selection heavily restricted. A werebear, or a werewolf with knuckle-dusters is legit. But can you imagine a bow-, or  a saber-wielding werewolf?! Diablo II developers could not either, so a werewolf smacks his targets with a bow, as if it were a club. Curiously enough, the bow does not break fast.

Guess, they too got lazy with the expansion. At least the Assassin has a heavy speed and accuracy penalty with anything, but fist-weapons. And cannot use her Martial Arts.

The rest of the requests are technical and I have no argument against them.

Edited by dimitrius154
1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

That will have to wait until the next Addendum release, since it will contain the final code adjustments. 

There's no rush.  I'm primarily working on mods for The Witcher 1 & 2 right now.  Just wanted to go ahead and start the dialogue with you.  Thanks for looking into it.

Hmm, the text's most definitely not white, do you have a screenshot of the reading difficulty issue?

No it's cream-colored with Addendum, but I prefer the pure white because it's D2-style.  I think the cream color is even more difficult to read.  The text blends in with the map.  I have some pictures at home I'll upload.

It should be noted, that the Dragon Mage(Druid) _1h, and _zw animations have been specifically tailored to display fist-weapons correctly. Indeed, this is a primary reason as to why I resitricted him: I can get around the _1h, but not the _zw. Therefore, any complaints regarding :eek:ty-looking fist weapon animations shall be ignored.

I think I can live with the imperfections there.  I've been using the Addendum animations in EE with unrestricted weapons and they're still better than vanilla. I was impressed on a daily basis when reviewing them.

Also I reteirate, that a shapeshifting fighter-mage has every reason to have his weapon selection heavily restricted. A werebear, or a werewolf with knuckle-dusters is legit. But can you imagine a bow-, or  a saber-wielding werewolf?! Diablo II developers could not either, so a werewolf smacks his targets with a bow, as if it were a club. Curiously enough, the bow does not break fast.

Well, here's my thinking on that: I'm prepared for a Werewolf and Werebear that don't inherit the Druid's base gear modifiers, skills, etc.  I'm not against the inheritance, it's just that the two shifted creatures are already balanced as if they are their own, mostly separate entities.

I can rebalance to account for gear modifiers transferring over, but can we avoid having the weapon itself transferring over?  I actually haven't tested yet; are the Werewolf and Werebear going to try to visibly wield whatever weapon the Druid is wielding?

Ideally for D2F, the two shifted creatures would attack with their fangs and claws.  It just feels more animalistic and visceral.

6 minutes ago, Flix said:

are the Werewolf and Werebear going to try to visibly wield whatever weapon the Druid is wielding?

No, there's a specific check against rendering items on morphed creatures. And, judging by the way morphing works with two-handed staves, they don't inherit non-fist weapon base damage, speed and attack boni from the appropriate skills. As it should be.

12 minutes ago, Flix said:

I've been using the Addendum animations in EE with unrestricted weapons and they're still better than vanilla.

Hmm, must have worked better, then I thought. I've created a specialized framework for animation recycling. No other way to adequately rework around a 1000 files in a span of 3 months. 

18 minutes ago, Flix said:

The text blends in with the map. 

Curious. That color was specifically tested to be visible upon sandy map surfaces... 

On 2/2/2021 at 10:37 PM, Flix said:

There's no rush.  I'm primarily working on mods for The Witcher 1 & 2 right now.  Just wanted to go ahead and start the dialogue with you.  Thanks for looking into it.

Please forgive my interruption.

Flix, are you going to leave? Hopefully not.

7 hours ago, Dax said:

Please forgive my interruption.

Flix, are you going to leave? Hopefully not.

Not at all.  Why would my laying plans for my future D2F releases give that impression?

• Appreciation 1
On 12/30/2020 at 11:19 PM, dimitrius154 said:

@contraHmm, interesting. Now, if you copy the "Sacred 2 Gold" folder to some other location and then launch sacred2.exe from there, does the error persist?

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.20153.1000 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\sacred2.exe.13296.dmp]
User Mini Dump File: Only registers, stack and portions of memory are available

************* Path validation summary **************
Response                         Time (ms)     Location
Deferred                                       srv*
Symbol search path is: srv*
Executable search path is: 
Windows 10 Version 19042 MP (16 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS
Edition build lab: 19041.1.amd64fre.vb_release.191206-1406
Machine Name:
Debug session time: Fri Feb 12 14:52:33.000 2021 (UTC + 8:00)
System Uptime: not available
Process Uptime: 0 days 0:00:47.000
Loading unloaded module list
This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
(33f0.1654): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
For analysis of this file, run !analyze -v
eax=00000000 ebx=00000000 ecx=0019d108 edx=443ebb80 esi=00000003 edi=00000003
eip=77c91cac esp=0019c5c8 ebp=0019c758 iopl=0         nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0023  ss=002b  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00200202
ntdll!NtWaitForMultipleObjects+0xc:
77c91cac c21400          ret     14h
0:000> !analyze -v
*                        Exception Analysis                                   *

DEBUG_FLR_EXCEPTION_CODE(c0000374) and the ".exr -1" ExceptionCode(c0000005) don't match

KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1

Key  : AV.Fault
    Value: Read

Key  : Analysis.CPU.mSec
    Value: 6531

Key  : Analysis.DebugAnalysisProvider.CPP
    Value: Create: 8007007e on WAN-801

Key  : Analysis.DebugData
    Value: CreateObject

Key  : Analysis.DebugModel

Key  : Analysis.Elapsed.mSec
    Value: 378473

Key  : Analysis.Memory.CommitPeak.Mb
    Value: 405

Key  : Analysis.System

Key  : Timeline.Process.Start.DeltaSec
    Value: 47

Key  : WER.OS.Branch
    Value: vb_release

Key  : WER.OS.Timestamp
    Value: 2019-12-06T14:06:00Z

Key  : WER.OS.Version
    Value: 10.0.19041.1

Key  : WER.Process.Version
    Value: 2.65.2.0

ADDITIONAL_XML: 1

OS_BUILD_LAYERS: 1

NTGLOBALFLAG:  0

PROCESS_BAM_CURRENT_THROTTLED: 0

PROCESS_BAM_PREVIOUS_THROTTLED: 0

APPLICATION_VERIFIER_FLAGS:  0

CONTEXT:  (.ecxr)
eax=30c43101 ebx=00000000 ecx=0019d108 edx=443ebb80 esi=04d27160 edi=04c84a44
eip=00000000 esp=0019cf80 ebp=0019cfb8 iopl=0         nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0023  ss=002b  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00210202
00000000 :)              :)
Resetting default scope

EXCEPTION_RECORD:  (.exr -1)
ExceptionAddress: 00000000
   ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
  ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
   Parameter[0]: 00000000
   Parameter[1]: 00000000
Attempt to read from address 00000000

PROCESS_NAME:  sacred2.exe

READ_ADDRESS:  00000000 

FAILED_INSTRUCTION_ADDRESS: 
+0
00000000 :)              :)

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - 0x%p            0x%p                    %s

EXCEPTION_CODE_STR:  c0000005

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1:  00000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2:  00000000

ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT:  Followup set based on attribute [Is_ChosenCrashFollowupThread] from Frame:[0] on thread:[PSEUDO_THREAD]

FAULTING_THREAD:  ffffffff

STACK_TEXT:  
00000000 00000000 heap_corruption!sacred2.exe+0x0

STACK_COMMAND:  !heap ; ** Pseudo Context ** ManagedPseudo ** Value: 1cbf8970 ** ; kb

SYMBOL_NAME:  heap_corruption!sacred2.exe

MODULE_NAME: heap_corruption

IMAGE_NAME:  heap_corruption

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  NULL_INSTRUCTION_PTR_ACTIONABLE_InvalidArgument_INJECTED_CRASH_c0000005_heap_corruption!sacred2.exe

OS_VERSION:  10.0.19041.1

BUILDLAB_STR:  vb_release

OSPLATFORM_TYPE:  x86

OSNAME:  Windows 10

FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {c2faaf63-68d2-7c66-0369-7e64c376c91f}

Followup:     MachineOwner
---------

0:000> lmvm heap_corruption
Browse full module list
start    end        module name

7 hours ago, contra said:

DEBUG_FLR_EXCEPTION_CODE(c0000374) and the ".exr -1" ExceptionCode(c0000005) don't match

0xC0000374 is... strange to see. A memory heap corruption error. That would normally mean either a corrupt RAM-module, or a somewhat obtuse anti-virus. 

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured