Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

I can confirm that there is no hardware failure of the memory module, and the interference caused by the firewall or anti-virus software also does not exist.

Since 20 skill is no longer by the default version, I can't play the game normally. There is no problem with all previous versions.

I use the same characters. In the current default 13 skill version, only 7 skills are missing. The game  is running normally. So what changes have been made to the files in the "Extra" folder in the past? There must be something you didn't pay attention to.

10 minutes ago, contra said:

There must be something you didn't pay attention to.

Pretty possible, alhough "paying attention" is not the word. Organics is prone to weakness and failures, unfortunately. And cybernetics is prone to EMP, he-he.

Still, so very curious, that I have no other instances of backfeed on the subject. 

I'm currently working on a code-wise final iteration of the mod. You should probably wait for the upcoming version. Once the release is done , I can focus on anomaly instances.

23 minutes ago, contra said:

So what changes have been made to the files in the "Extra" folder in the past?

I do have both sets of files(acting otherwise would be stupid) and I can't replicate the error with the "Extra" set. Future releaases will be in the ZIP format. I no longer trust RAR + Google Disk. 

Привет, Дмитрий. У нас проблемы с последним апдейтом твоего  мода. Мне сообщили, что при включении мода DarkSide (папка Extras) игра вылетает при использовании бафа инквизитора. Проверил. Так и есть. Звук начинает троить, вылетает без ошибки. Оставил сообщение в дискорде, но решил написать тут, не дожидаясь ответа. Надеемся на фидбек (лучше ответить в дискорде, там я быстрее увижу)

Hi, Dmitry. We are having problems with the last update of your mod. I was informed that when the Extras mod (DarkSide mod) is turned on, the game crashes when using the Inquisitor's buff. Checked it out. And there is. The sound starts repeating and game crashes without error

On 2/1/2021 at 3:10 PM, dimitrius154 said:

I've wired the last parameter of spawn entries in spawn.txt to serve as a game mode condition. That means, that extra spawn entries can be added to, for example, the 'freeplay' mode.

I was thinking about spawn entries today.  Do you happen to know what all the parameters mean?

{2500,4,"",0,0,0,0},

First is creature ID, then density.  After that I have no idea.  Only the second-from-last digit seems to get used.

=========

I had another pondering: do you think it's possible to allow player characters to take advantage of the "modelscale" parameter in their creature entries? When used on NPC's, it affects their gear as well, which would be pretty nifty if worked on the player characters too.  I could scale up the Amazon so she's not the tiniest character.

12 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hello! Which of the three buffs are we talking about?

There was an error in the s2logic.dll library. If you delete this lib from the extras folder before the install, the game will work on Addendum's s2logic (спасибо за выход на связь в дисе) 

Mb this solution will be useful to someone) 

21 hours ago, Flix said:

Do you happen to know what all the parameters mean?

They are, IMHO, unused. I've found no appelations.

21 hours ago, Flix said:

do you think it's possible to allow player characters to take advantage of the "modelscale" parameter

Might be possible, needs to be checked.

17 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

@Flix The background + border affects all worldobjects and quest names on the worldmap. Kind of reminded me, as to why I removed that. Have you considered using the darker worldmaps I posted?

It might be bearable with the dark maps so long as the font color is changed back to white.  I'd really rather not settle for bearable though.  World objects can be toggled on and off, and I'm having a hard time envisioning a scenario where the player wants to see world objects but not the labels.  Zooming easily overcomes any icon & label crowding.

1 minute ago, Flix said:

I'm having a hard time envisioning a scenario where the player wants to see world objects but not the labels

Point is - the player never constantly saw the labels for anything, but portals. Around 20% of the worldmap markers total. I do understand the preference for the classic medieval RPG map marker style, but... it was sort of never there to begin with in Sacred 2.

I can live with them not being constantly shown - mainly it's just I wish the frame was there on mouse-over.  It's so much easier to read and it keeps it consistent with all other tooltips.

This is the skill of cm150 forest ranger, which is very effective and not very powerful. Cm160 version cancels this skill. I hope to restore this skill in the addendum version. This technology can attack monsters in a large range. Forest ranger itself has no Area of Effect skill. I think the special effects of this skill that can attack in a large range should not be cancelled, but should include restoration.1614392236044.jpeg.1e36ec3d4899af26d3c611414fca4c0a.jpeg1614392253266.jpeg.02939259ac19de2b346c039dd7640178.jpeg

5 hours ago, mabo2135581688 said:

This is the skill of cm150 forest ranger

The screenshot provided refers to a coding error in vanilla Sacred 2: IB. They'd introduced(with the elegance and precision of a sledgehammer, tbh) a 'Magic Staffs' Skill Mastery feature(magic staves turn from melee to ranged) and then forgot to modify the functions, that determine, whether a weapon is melee, or ranged. Magic staves became neither once 'Magic Staffs' Mastery had been achieved.

The end result was that certain weapon-based CA attacks were instantaneous, with a range of 3000 units. Oh, and some hard-working(or was it hard-drinking?) fella had hardcoded the magic staff range to 800 units for normal attacks. I've dealt with the issue prior to CMP 1.60 release.

This boss was originally added via sector files and was very buggy (sometimes would not appear).

Now the boss spawns via script, like all other bosses. He will only appear when the quest is initiated.

• Thanks! 1

Addendum After creating a new free mode game in the LAN, all the NPCs are gone, and you can’t pick up tasks in the free mode like the original game. That’s why, it’s good if you modify the game and add new content, but don’t change the original game. I think it’s very unreasonable for you to delete all the NPCs in the free mode in the original LAN so that you can’t accept tasks in this mode. Please don’t change the original design of the game. I hope that the original design will be restored. So we will have a lot of people here to play this addendum.

all the NPCs are gone, and you can’t pick up tasks in the free mode like the original game.

Yes, since those are effectively spawned by quests in question, they are not present since quests don't start.

That’s why, it’s good if you modify the game and add new content, but don’t change the original game.

Questionable. I don't feel snide enough at the moment, otherwise I would reasonably suggest, that bugs are also part of the original design.

I think it’s very unreasonable for you to delete all the NPCs in the free mode in the original LAN so that you can’t accept tasks in this mode.

On the contrary, it's the only available way of dealing with the atrribute and skill point harvesting abuse.

Ok, snarky comments aside, since I now have the ability to control monster spawn entries, the way is clear to turn the 'Free Play' into.... hmm 'Invasion' or something. Basically, all bossess and minibosses spawn at their respective locations. In addition, bosses, minibosses and elite spawns from D2F are present. Sort of a rush/survival mode. I just need to finish those extra models for the D2F bosses and some elites.

Addendum After creating a new free mode game in the LAN, all the NPCs are gone, and you can’t pick up tasks in the free mode like the original game. That’s why, it’s good if you modify the game and add new content, but don’t change the original game. I think it’s very unreasonable for you to delete all the NPCs in the free mode in the original LAN so that you can’t accept tasks in this mode. Please don’t change the original design of the game. I hope that the original design will be restored. So we will have a lot of people here to play this addendum.

It's useless to persuade, just use it)

@FlixSomething you should be aware of: looks like unless an animation entry has the [shout] subentry, the appropriate idle and attack shout sounds don't play for the NPCs. 

Edited by dimitrius154
2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

@FlixSomething you should be aware of: looks like unless an animation entry has the [shout] subentry, the appropriate idle and attack shout sounds don't play for the NPCs. 

Makes sense, since the same applies to player characters. I think I've silenced some shouts in D2F that way actually.

Are there any enemies who should be shouting that aren't?

10 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Yes, since those are effectively spawned by quests in question, they are not present since quests don't start.

Questionable. I don't feel snide enough at the moment, otherwise I would reasonably suggest, that bugs are also part of the original design.

On the contrary, it's the only available way of dealing with the atrribute and skill point harvesting abuse.

Ok, snarky comments aside, since I now have the ability to control monster spawn entries, the way is clear to turn the 'Free Play' into.... hmm 'Invasion' or something. Basically, all bossess and minibosses spawn at their respective locations. In addition, bosses, minibosses and elite spawns from D2F are present. Sort of a rush/survival mode. I just need to finish those extra models for the D2F bosses and some elites.

If you feel abusing skill points, you can remove the NPC that rewards skill points. It is not necessary to remove all the NPCs. It is useless to say that it is the author, not me, who modified the game.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured