Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

@Flix Malthael's model suffers from annoying cases of either flipped normals, or flipped elements + flipped normals. Seems to be caused by a faulty obj import.  May I inquire as to how the model was retrieved from a .mesh published by SovietMentality?

[EDIT] I see, Blender import via XPS Tools.

[EDIT2] Still badly mangled upon either DAE, or OBJ export. Perhaps, I should address the original author.

Edited by dimitrius154

Hi dimitri, I really love this mod,just want to come back to Ancaria once more, but can you show me how to disable this option :

16. All relic slots are now active at all time

I would like switching Relic in the Original game, it make my travel through Boss more challenge. (sorry for my bad ENG )

On 7/13/2021 at 5:52 PM, baolong1478 said:

16. All relic slots are now active at all time

Since it's code-side feature, it can't be disabled easily. The introduction is borne out of relic set availability, kind of unlogical to have set boni from several relic sets, but not the normal boni. 

31 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

The introduction is borne out of relic set availability, kind of unlogical to have set boni from several relic sets, but not the normal boni. 

I agree something needed to be done there. Could it not be solved in the other direction? Such that a set bonus is only active when said relics are in the "active" slot?

With all 12 relics active at once it seems the player is incentivized to keep extra relics in the inventory and swap out all 12 relics at once when facing a new element rather than the quick "hot swap" intended by the devs.

34 minutes ago, Flix said:

Such that a set bonus is only active when said relics are in the "active" slot?

There're relic sets with 4 to 5 parts, no way to squeeze those to 3, unless we butcher some sets. 

Then again, the switching itself looks, how should I put it, "console arcade" like. Takes a fraction of a second, no tactics at all.

40 minutes ago, Flix said:

it seems the player is incentivized to keep extra relics in the inventory and swap out all 12 relics at once

I strongly doubt anyone would swap a unique relic for a rare, or a partially complete set part relic for a unique, unless the circumstances are most dire. So keeping extra relics is a diminishing-on-progress practice anyways.

@FlixFor some reason(the "triangle indices don't start at zero" is thrown), Tyrael's model fails to get exported to SMD format, would you please send me an SMD, or a MAX file?

[EDIT] Nevermind, I've managed to get a DAE and backtrack the surfaces via texture application.

Edited by dimitrius154
9 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

@FlixFor some reason(the "triangle indices don't start at zero" is thrown), Tyrael's model fails to get exported to SMD format, would you please send me an SMD, or a MAX file?

[EDIT] Nevermind, I've managed to get a DAE and backtrack the surfaces via texture application.

I don't have the files from the processing of any D2F models anymore due to a hard drive failure. Basically all I have archived are the original source files (mostly pulled from DeviantArt) and the final gr2 results.

• zomgod! 1
1 hour ago, Flix said:

I don't have the files from the processing of any D2F models anymore due to a hard drive failure.

sorry to hear about this Flix! I know Brad is paranoid about his "data".  when we went away a few weeks ago for holiday weekend, he actually put about a terrabyte from his work and images and took it with us!

not movies or anything just...files

I have real sympathy for the frustration you must have gone through and for others who must have lost insane value... was it because of mechanical hard drive failure error or catastrophe?

:blink:

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

sorry to hear about this Flix! I know Brad is paranoid about his "data".  when we went away a few weeks ago for holiday weekend, he actually put about a terrabyte from his work and images and took it with us!

not movies or anything just...files

I have real sympathy for the frustration you must have gone through and for others who must have lost insane value... was it because of mechanical hard drive failure error or catastrophe?

:blink:

Mechanical failure of course. I work in I.T. and the #1 cause of hardware issues by far with our field employees is HDD failure. Whether it's the slightest jostle or simply father time taking his toll, mechanical hard drives all have an expiration date.

We're making a big push to only use SSD and M.2 drives in equipment going forward.  I've made the decision to do the same in my personal life, which is why my new PC has no spinning drives in it.

I saw it coming this last time, and backed up pretty much all data that I wanted.  I just didn't think to back up any 3DSMax files.  I don't even have 3DSMax installed anymore, since you need such an old version of the program to work with Sacred 2 files, plugins, and other mod tools.  Generally that's fine since I haven't really needed them.  Pesmontis (and now Dmitriy) have done most of the heavy lifting with models featured in my mods.

What still stings to this day was reformatting a hard drive back in 2010 and forgetting to back up all my save games from Dragon Age and Dungeon Siege II.  :cstars:

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Flix said:

We're making a big push to only use SSD and M.2 drives in equipment going forward

A most logical choice, although faulty batches occur. Kingston SSD's have shown to be highly reliable at my place. We still have 60Gb units from 2014 up and running, without a single failure. Silicon Power, on the other hand, has proven to be a.... bad purchase.

• Like! 1

Hello "dimitrius154".

I have read the first page and man you really did a great job .Did not downloaded the mod yet because I saw you are preparing to release an update and I am waiting for that. Also can you make the bonuses from the mounts to apply without having to mount them?, like to fight on the ground and if that is not possible I understand.

Last year had some problems merging mods and I saw some of them can not be merged and if it is possible and does not bother you to make some other mods spells compatible with your work? or create other spells to have more diversity? . I would like to play the old sacred classes and their spells, found last year the "Rotating Blades of Light " spell for Sacred 2 but was not able to merge it with other mods.

Thang you for your work and have a nice day .

• Thanks! 1
4 hours ago, cosminkz said:

if it is possible and does not bother you to make some other mods spells compatible with your work? or create other spells to have more diversity?

Part of what I currently do, although those are new NPC spells. The character selection is rigid, due to the, in all honesty, weird interface solution: the hardest thing in the game code is to try and add a new button.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

Part of what I currently do, although those are new NPC spells.

Awesome man , new things are always welcome .

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

The character selection is rigid, due to the, in all honesty, weird interface solution: the hardest thing in the game code is to try and add a new button.

Thank you for investing time in stuff that is hard to accomplish and sharing it for free . Sacred 1 and 2 was/is one of my favorite games and I apreciate your work .

ETA FOR THE NEST UPDATE?

Thanks for this mod. Yet, I must admit, that installation instructions is too short.

While all "old users" shurely know how to handle it, the new ones don't. I'm ask to make this section clear.

• Can I install this mod on clear version of the game (with elite textures)?
  • Can I install it witout CM 1.60 (it's say that this mod alredy include CM, but I'm still not sure)?
  • Do I need to change options in "optionsCustom.txt" as if I was installing CM?
  • Do I need to use GME or I can basically just copy files from archive into the game folder?
  • What if I already have CM, do I need to copy files or may I still use GME?

That is important questions due to this game (and this particular mod) doesn't have just "all-in one exe" with optional chooses inside. I am working on mods to other game myself and wonder why there is no dozens of people in this thread with the same questions about how to install this all right.

Again, thanks for your work, but it's just need to be better formalized I think :{

Edited by Klaxons
1 hour ago, cosminkz said:

ETA FOR THE NEST UPDATE?

Hard to say. Fixing, or making from an template takes far more time for characters, compared to weapons. Aslo adding voiceovers and music for bosses. Hmm, the beginning of August, God's willing.

@KlaxonsGreetings to the esteemed member of the SR2 community!

45 minutes ago, Klaxons said:

Can I install this mod on clear version of the game (with elite textures)?

Correct, but the visuals will be better with the "Trimmed Elite Textures". I'm wary of incorporating everything, since some of the players are from China and people have difficulties with their bandwidth there.

48 minutes ago, Klaxons said:

Can I install it witout CM 1.60 (it's say that this mod alredy include CM, but I'm still not sure)?

The published Addendum beta incorporates the CM 1.60, all resources included(if I'm not mistaken).

50 minutes ago, Klaxons said:

Do I need to change options in "optionsCustom.txt" as if I was installing CM?

I think, I've taken care of that issue in a satisfactory manner, there's no need to change "optionsCustom.txt".

51 minutes ago, Klaxons said:

Do I need to use GME or I can basically just copy files from archive into the game folder?

Thre was an issue with the GME recently. It's better to just copy-paste.

52 minutes ago, Klaxons said:

What if I already have CM, do I need to copy files or may I still use GME?

You most probably can use GME, though I still don't trust the thing.

6 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Aslo adding voiceovers and music for bosses. Hmm, the beginning of August, God's willing.

Well I had in mind 2022 so it is sooner than I expected :JC_hurrah:

17 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Greetings to the esteemed member of the SR2 community!

I hope so. Just installed the mod. I believe this is not supposed to be like that. Yet, since I used old char from vanilla - this is not big deal I think.
Another question. I see this mod is override all fonts, make it standart again. Can I just paste it over with different fonts?

error.png

Edited by Klaxons

Welcome to DarkMatters, Klaxons. It's recommended to start a new character after installing the CM Patch, as many quests may be bugged with imported characters, etc. also, for general installation information there is a guide here.

:crigon_04:

25 minutes ago, Klaxons said:

I see this mod is override all fonts, make it standart again.

The Russian UI fonts are from the unofficial(or was that official?) translation from 1C, just the color was changed. The fonts are changed by replacing the Sacred.ttf and ZPF56__C.ttf in locale\ru_RU.

Edited by dimitrius154
2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

The Russian UI fonts are from the unofficial(or was that official?) translation from 1C, just the color was changed. The fonts are changed by replacing the Sacred.ttf and ZPF56__C.ttf in locale\ru_RU.

Also, is there any way to enable PhysX effects for some random objects (like leafs) again? Maybe by adding optional parameter for code in optionsCustom?
I know it's not great, but sometimes it might looks pretty :/ Matter of taste.

7 hours ago, Klaxons said:

I know it's not great, but sometimes it might looks pretty :/ Matter of taste.

Hmm, I believe, I've included the optimized physxExt.zip in the published beta... the visuals should be on, without the detrimental side-effects.

Edited by dimitrius154
7 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, I believe, I've included the optimized physxExt.zip in the published beta... the visuals should be on, without the detrimental side-effects.

Didn't saw any "lieafernado" yet after activating this patch. Maybe just unlucky. Will check it again.

Edited by Klaxons
3 hours ago, Klaxons said:

Didn't saw any "lieafernado" yet after activating this patch. Maybe just unlucky. Will check it again.

PhysX was greatly diminished with the Community Patch to help keep the game stable and prevent intermittent crashing. There are no more leaves twirling around. However, there are yet some (somewhat reduced) Combat Art effects.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured