Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

PhysX was greatly diminished with the Community Patch to help keep the game stable and prevent intermittent crashing.

In my case the game crashed a lot without CP  , prefer having less environment changes in the world like rain , wind, lightning , leaves etc for the increased stability and increased performance . I do not have the best pc and that is why I prefer that .

In theory the game should run fine , enable multi core, high priority in TM , lowest opotions in video but that does not have a huge impact, also I change all options in Nvidia options for best performance .

1.PNG

1.2.PNG

1 hour ago, cosminkz said:

the game should run fine

Judging by what I've seen so far, with the obviously stellar project management they had at Ascaron it's a miracle the game runs and the lost, or broken content is salvageable. A prime incentive not to drink beer while coding.

In this quest you have follower NPC, private Reinar or something like that, not sure how it sound in eng.

So, this NPC got 2 options of combat behavior - sword or bow. I choosed bow and now he's just basically do nothing. Running around and gesticulates alot durring any battle (and even without one).

Also "Ancaria airlines" quest got very frustrating and short description on russian. Not sure if that supposed to be so.

error.png

error.png

error.png

Edited by Klaxons
7 minutes ago, Klaxons said:

I choosed bow and now he's just basically do nothing.

Hmm, the AI should be fine. Guess the quest logic got broken.

7 minutes ago, Klaxons said:

Also "Ancaria airlines" quest got very frustrating and short description on russian. Not sure if that supposed to be so.

I'll look into it. This one is a CMP quest, I've never changed it's description, so the deficiency has been lingering for some time.

31 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

A prime incentive not to drink beer while coding.

:lujate:I have more fun playing with my old friends when I am drunk , we all are , and I also die more time , they also . Alcohol is life and life is alcohol but you should not code when you drink :B6nFRAh: =)))))))))))))))

Edit : It is fine to drive while drunk because it does not crashes the game , only the car =))))))))

Edited by cosminkz
18 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

@KlaxonsAbout the "Ancarian Airlines" description issue - it's not that the translation is moron... err, concise, it's the original text. Someone's been, how to put it, lazy.

I believe it might be totally rewritten with more details since this quest is quite specific one. Some story lore would be welcomed (if it have any).

As an example maybe:
"Сегодня мне улыбнулась удача! Я выиграл билет на головокружительное путешествие по туристическим курортам Анкарии.

Путешествие было невероятным! Надеюсь, когда-нибудь удастся снова повторить этот незабываемый тур."

But, I donno - it's preferrably to rewrite this quest story whole, add more logic into it :/

Edited by Klaxons
8 minutes ago, Klaxons said:

I believe it might be totally rewritten with more details since this quest is quite specific one

So do I. There's space for sarcasm related to tourist industry here.

7 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

So do I. There's space for sarcasm related to tourist industry here.

Don't know if it's possable.. maybe add some "cost" for this quest? Not to just free travel with free skill points for litterally zero efforts from the player.

Edited by Klaxons
2 hours ago, Klaxons said:

improve turn on animation and sound effects for lightsabers

We'll see what can be done. Due to the FX solution at zero scale lightsaber beams effectively turn into quite visible spherical blobs, there's no way to adequately achieve that theatrical effect from Star Wars. 

@dimitrius154 Would it be possible to allow the modelscale parameter in creatures.txt to take effect for player characters?  If it works the same as with NPC's, it would be an elegant way to resize the player characters in D2F and have all armor scale with them.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

Would it be possible to allow the modelscale parameter in creatures.txt to take effect for player characters?

Rider and mount scales are calculated separately, there's no scale substitution, and all player characters can ride horses. 

Edited by dimitrius154

Your addendum has not been updated for a long time. Can you be creative in updating it? The summon of shadow warrior has not been repaired for a long time. In addition, I have a problem. What tools are used to unpack the addendum? I want to discuss the Chinese language text for the addendum. Or I will give you the Chinese language text, and you will directly make a Chinese version for us when you add tasks.

6 hours ago, mabo2135581688 said:

Your addendum has not been updated for a long time. Can you be creative in updating it? The summon of shadow warrior has not been repaired for a long time.

Fixing NPC models takes a lot of time. Then again, isn't it a bit rich to make demands on a timetable for side-project distributed free of charge? Especially given the current 3D model distribution environment.

What tools are used to unpack the addendum?

You must mean the global.res. Sacred 2 Reader/Writer v.1.7.

I want to discuss the Chinese language text for the addendum.

If I recall, there was no offical Sacred 2 localization for China. The S2RW v.1.7 might not be able to encode the text properly. Then again, Japanese too is based on graphical symbol representation. Send me your global.res, I'll recreate it and, if it's workable, the Chinese version can be made.

17 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Rider and mount scales are calculated separately, there's no scale substitution, and all player characters can ride horses. 

So if I understand you correctly, a scaled-down character would clip into the mount, whereas a scaled-up character might hover above the saddle?

38 minutes ago, Flix said:

a scaled-down character would clip into the mount, whereas a scaled-up character might hover above the saddle?

Depends on the scale range. Within a factor of 2 it looks like a child vs. a fatso.

@mabo2135581688It's just like I thought. The S2RW is unable to decode the file. The Chinese symbol set is missing and all other sets produce a pile of garbage. By the way, how did you manage to get the CMP 1.60 texts compiled? No way to do it outside S2RW.

@PesmontisPedro, are you interested in addressing the issue?

Edited by dimitrius154

Just found staff with invisible icon. Tried to reopen game but this doesn't help. Also found few throwing phials with invisible icons but screens aren't available.

Also one question is concerned me. Is there really no hotkey to fast move items from inventory to stash and back of it? Even with all this patches?

error.png

error.png

Edited by Klaxons

Two mysterious marks of failed quests on minimap that seems to be uppear from the beginning of the game, I believe. There is no text about it on mouse hover and there's no failed quests in the quest log either.

Back to "Ancaria Airlines" quest. In reward section it says that you will get one skill and one attribute points. The problem is - your not. And, perhaps, you shouldn't since this quest is free of efforts. It's also be wise to move it to later location, but it's only my thought.

Also I found that theres in no pictures on loading screens after you get back in the game from Alt+Tab. I remember I saw them then I installed Addandium with GME, but after I paste it into the game folder directly, it's show only last screenshot while loading back to game.

error.png

error.png

error.png

Edited by Klaxons
11 minutes ago, Klaxons said:

for some reason

Unavoidable. I did the best I could. The reason is the way the certain, ahem, individual decided to implement the particular UI solution. I hope to never meet said individual.

41 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Unavoidable. I did the best I could. The reason is the way the certain, ahem, individual decided to implement the particular UI solution. I hope to never meet said individual.

Is it possible to add there "И" instead? Also, is it possible to save minimap settings and active buffs between game launches? Doubtly, but maybe...

Also just found that some types of swords are keeping backwards while in the left hand (in right hand they are ok). Will post pictures later.

10 minutes ago, Klaxons said:

Is it possible to add there "И" instead?

Most likely, not possible. Point being is that some individual, being a bearer of a language where one can write "Fire: whatever" never took note of complelely different phrase conventions. Haulin' ass, gettin' paid.

16 minutes ago, Klaxons said:

some types of swords are keeping backwards while in the left hand

Ahh, the attention to detail from the developer outsource serfs.

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured