Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

3 hours ago, Flix said:

I'm planning to ignore it for D2F, I don't like the thought of incorporating brand new released content into the mod.

Oh, I don't plan to include any of it either. I'm just interested, whether they succeed, or fail as badly, as they did with WC3:Reforged.

Edited by dimitrius154

@dimitrius154 Can you tell me please, is it possible for a droplist to be called upon, if it's not a member of a droppattern?  I just noticed that 1528,{ -- Droplist_ab_set_unique is not a member of any droppatterns.  I had thought this was the master list of all unique, set, and legendary items but if I understand things correctly, it's not even used.

After reviewing some other droplists that are members of dropatterns, I think Droplist_ab_set_unique is actually redundant and obsolete.  I just wanted to know what you thought, before I decided to neglect it completely.

I have updated these:

1472,{ -- Droplist_all_weapon_from_rare

1475,{ -- Droplist_all_armour_from_rare

1498,{ -- Droplist_all_set

1532,{ -- Dropliste_minisets

I noticed minisets seemed to be intentionally excluded from both "from_rare" lists, probably explaining why they're more rare than the full aspect sets.  Nesting the "Dropliste_minisets" inside 1496, "Droplist_all_rare_ARM_WEAP" seemed to address this nicely.

I also made use of the unused (I think) 1538,{ -- droplist_unique_armor, after removing a duplicate entry and then adding unique batteries and wings.  I think it works quite nicely alongside "Droplist_all_set" within the Droppattern(119,{ -- QuestSetDrop.

You probably already noticed, that many of the other droplists, such as the various "Drop_weapon_[TYPE]" "Drop_armour_[TYPE]" and "Drop_Weapon_byskill_[SKILL]" are missing various entries, mostly legendaries and sets added in later content, but even some normal and junk tiers are missing in some instances.  Same goes for "Droplist_all_weapon_[TIER]" and "Droplist_all_armour_[TIER]".

1 hour ago, Flix said:

is it possible for a droplist to be called upon, if it's not a member of a droppattern?

No, the dependency is set drop function-wise. Even quest sets piece drops are done via invoking a drop pattern.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

You probably already noticed, that many of the other droplists

The currently posted Addendum iteration contains a drop.txt addressing these issues. No feedback as to the effect so far.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1

Здравствуйте Дмитрий. Возможно ли сейчас скачать версию патча где еще не были изменены навыки стража храма (вторая школа)? Помню скачивал около года назад) Заранее спасибо)

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, Ddiab said:

Здравствуйте Дмитрий. Возможно ли сейчас скачать версию патча где еще не были изменены навыки стража храма (вторая школа)? Помню скачивал около года назад) Заранее спасибо)

hi Ddiab!

I've used google translate to make your post English as thats language of forum and it makes easier for easier reading from people's cell's and mobiles

Happy you found the community and Dmitriy's Sacred 2 mod... 

welcome to DarkMatters!

:superman:

gogo

9 hours ago, Ddiab said:

Возможно ли сейчас скачать версию патча где еще не были изменены навыки стража храма (вторая школа)?

Greetings! Nope, only one version is hosted at a time. Most changes to the Temple Guadian 2nd Aspect are softcore and moddable at text level in spells.txt.

@dimitrius154 You may find it useful to look through the original Ice & Blood quest.txt.  It's full of developer comments that Marcus and Czevak must have removed.  Some comments explicitly point out bugs and unimplemented rewards, other times you can read about the intended quest dialogue, scripted sequences, enemy mob composition, and other things that just didn't get completed in time.

• Thanks! 1

Man can you make so the important quests/chain quests , those like undead legion for example, to have a different color or a light like the "Mount" quest?

It can be verry helpfull to have that implemented to no have to search on the wiki when it can be solved with a different color for the "?" - 

8 hours ago, cosminkz said:

Man can you make so the important quests/chain quests , those like undead legion for example, to have a different color or a light like the "Mount" quest?

Tdechnically, yes. Problem is - how does one define an "important" quest? A criterium(or criteria) is needed.

@FlixAs I rework the D2F content I keep finding something new. "cSpellBlind" is broken, use "cSpellDrFluchDesVerderbens" instead.

Edited by dimitrius154
5 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

@FlixAs I rework the D2F content I keep finding something new. "cSpellBlind" is broken, use "cSpellDrFluchDesVerderbens" instead.

Alright.  What's broken about it?  It applies the speed debuff, so I take it the attack rating debuff doesn't work?

15 minutes ago, Flix said:

It applies the speed debuff, so I take it the attack rating debuff doesn't work?

The attack debuff does not apply at all, if the 4th parameter is equal to 42, applies to both attacker and defender, if the 4th parameter is equal to 133.

On 9/12/2021 at 4:20 PM, dimitrius154 said:

Tdechnically, yes. Problem is - how does one define an "important" quest? A criterium(or criteria) is needed

Well , the important quests are the main quests but what I wanted to say there are secondary quests that are related to bosses or events, (Undead Legion, Concert , Kobold Chief,  Easter Egg .... etc. ) and chain quests that progress from one star to more than 2 (including the singles 3 to more stars , Feed the poor for example). 

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Some interesting findings from looking through vanilla global.res and quest.txt:

name = "S_HE_N_nn-Verungluecktes Fuhrwerk 1",

is a four-part chain quest that currently does not start, because:

• It is marked as Seraphim-only, and
  • It is marked as Shadow Path only

So it would never appear.  I have yet to test with the restrictions removed.

There is nothing "SACRED" in this world or another . Sure there is a Dark Seraphim somewhere , it would be a nice idea to have a dark seraphim class .

Also thank you for your work "Flix" :thumbsup:

• Like! 1

"Attribute and/or skill bonus rewards have been introduced for many quests."

This meaning you NEED beat game 5 times for each character, instead of leveling up on mob grinding, I think its creates more problrms than resolve.

7 hours ago, Gerriot said:

This meaning you NEED beat game 5 times for each character, instead of leveling up on mob grinding

Unless you favour a thorough gameplay, points from quests are optional and in no way hinder your leveling progress.

• Like! 1

Quest id = 948, has 2 names scripted. (Hunting Fever III).

name = "S_IS_9c_HI_G_nn-DeElfici",
name = "S_BI_3b_md-Jagdfieber III-Report",

Probably explains reports of strange quest marker behavior with Hunting Fever.  A consequence of CM Patch repurposing unused quest fragments. In this case the Shadow High Elf's class quest was originally meant to progress on into Dyr Lain. where the heir to the DeElfici family sends assassins after her.

• Thanks! 1
5 hours ago, Flix said:

name = "S_IS_9c_HI_G_nn-DeElfici",
name = "S_BI_3b_md-Jagdfieber III-Report",

Probably explains reports of strange quest marker behavior with Hunting Fever.

Now that's interesting. Will look into it once done with the extra 3D and sound/music assets. Found out that a decreet pitch/duration/frequency manipulation on particular music tracks works wonders.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, WallsOfJericho said:

Did the addendum edition have any updates from early summer to current time?

Greetings!

Not yet, those 3D models take time. Not to mention, that, unlike 2020, I had no 2-month leave period devoted solely to modding. I'm currently at letter C(only B and A left) in the D2F Superunique Section, making special 2-handed weapons for elite Zakarumites.

Edited by dimitrius154
3 hours ago, wuxiangjinxing said:

is there any other 'quick fix' I shall make on this mod?

There's a case of miscalculated quest scripting, but the fix can also break things. Best to wait until the next iteration release. Which will undoubtedly bring in a bit  of new bugs while fixing a lot of current ones.

'ghost rider' animation in your extra mod.

I've been unaware of that Marvel Universe concept until last year, actually, never watched the movie. The demonic SW is technically based on the Infernal from Warcraft 3. 

What about also giving him a skeletal head?

An interesting idea, might look into it.

• Like! 1

Hey hey people!

Addendum is an awesome mod for an awesome game. Like it alot)))

But there is one thing I want to address, and there is no better place for it. See, I liked vanilla armor models a lot. PhysX skirts and all. Thing blew my mind back then. Is there any way to install this mod without changing armor models? Also metal shader was good, wanna keep it as well))

16 hours ago, FioStar said:

PhysX skirts and all. Thing blew my mind back then.

Oh, once I've learned how this vertex-animation thingie works in Sacred 2, the implementation sorta blew my mind as well. Y'know, like Dreyfus' mind is blown, when he's interacting with Clouseau)))

16 hours ago, FioStar said:

Is there any way to install this mod without changing armor models? Also metal shader was good, wanna keep it as well))

Yes, it's not hard, you have to edit graphics27.zip, itemtype.txt and animation.txt. My apologies, but providing further pointers would be like "stepping on one's own song's neck". 

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured