-% Regeneration Penalty with Armour lore

I have a question. I have mostly encountered it with High elf. So some armor has -% regeneration time, and I am wondering if you have armor lore, what does the regeneration penalty along with the -% regeneration do... 

5acdf790d1989_armorwith-.png.e3c20f51ea651f3136e0ee4078336777.png5acdf968effe3_Armourlore.png.4361741ec27a3ba1d3279f6d52eee4d5.png

So how is it calculated? -23.3% from armor lore, and then an additional -5.9% because the tunic does not give an actual penalty, more like a bonus. Or does it make the armor lore make the regeneration from the tunic "less" by 23.3% ... I can't figure it out with just using the meter that shows the characters current regeneration...

Any one have any answers? 

If I use only, or mostly armor that has a -% Regeneration Penalty, will it be worth taking Armor Lore. do they work against each other so to speak? or will it make the regeneration even better for my Character?

Thank you for input and replies.

Edited by Delta!
  • Like! 1

I don't remember exactly word for word but my understanding is that pieces of gear inherently have a regeneration penalty, either slowing or quickening combat arts regeneration time. Then armor lore affects the penalty on the armor itself by reducing its slowing effect. 

Maybe I don't remember correctly. Also I think the number displayed on the gear actually changes as lore goes up. You might be able to see the effect. Haven't played in years so you'd have to verify next time you level and get a stat point. 

• Thanks! 1

Yeah, armour in the game spawns with different values for regen penalty, or even without one which means that the coloured graphic near the sigma value in unaltered. That coloured graphic is like your "over 100%/below 100%" indicator, which means that you can control how the regen penalty on the armour is affecting your CAs. Armor Lore will always improve the regen penalty, I.e. make CAs regenerate faster, and to me it's pretty much a 100% needed skill on every possible build no matter how you play. It improves both your armour values and you regen penalty so it's a win win. I don't know how the exact cumulative formula works, but basically all values within the same modifier in the game are cumulative (more or less), so more is always more and less is always less. ;)

• Thanks! 1
10 hours ago, Delta! said:

or will it make the regeneration even better for my Character?

Bingo.  It will just keeping going lower and lower, meaning you can read more runes.

• Thanks! 1